Standover height of Decoy in small? anyone know?

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I am looking at a ebike for my girlfriend and she is short. like 5'1" small. YT doesn't say the standover height of their bikes and mine is a XL so no point in measuring mine. If someone has a small and could figure the standover and let me know that would be swell.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Thanks. I was thinking a small would be just a bit too big for her. Wish more ebikes made a XS. I know of only a couple that do. the Levo SL comp and Merida eONE-Sixty but I can't get the merida here in the state easily and the Levo SL is a bit pricey.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
I think your girlfriend can standover the bike as the headtube drops quite a bit. It is the lenght of the dropper that is most problematic for her I guess. And maybe the reach

fabio77

Sep 17, 2020
Milano (Italy)
I am looking at a ebike for my girlfriend and she is short. like 5'1" small. YT doesn't say the standover height of their bikes and mine is a XL so no point in measuring mine. If someone has a small and could figure the standover and let me know that would be swell.

My wife is 152 cm....she rides a small decoy. We have fitted a 120mm oneup dropper post which has a very short stack height and remove the seat tube rubber over the clamp. We have fitted a 33mm renthal stem and cutted the handlebar at 73 cm as well. We these changes is almost perfect.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
My wife is 152 cm....she rides a small decoy. We have fitted a 120mm oneup dropper post which has a very short stack height and remove the seat tube rubber over the clamp. We have fitted a 33mm renthal stem and cutted the handlebar at 73 cm as well. We these changes is almost perfect.

great thanks for that info. I will prob do the same so it doesn't feel too big for her.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Welcome! I forgot to say that we changed the handlebar with an alloy fatbar 20mm rise (instead of 30) to lower the front end.

I'd definitely be getting new bars and trimming them. A lower rise as well. I have a set of ENVE on mine with a 25mm rise. I like them more than the stock bars for sure. Also shorter cranks would help too. Thanks.

put 26" wheels and 150mm cranks on it

Don't really want to mess with that. I do like the mullet setup and that'd probably benefit her too. Although a 26rear and 27front would be perfect. Lol.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I wasn't kidding.
Yeah. 27.5 upfront, 26" rear might be better.
BB height on the Decoy isn't low so will cope with the further 12mm drop just fine. I suggested shorter cranks for her saddle height/leg length. Not pedal strikes.

I run my 27.5 Capra 26" front and rear. (170mm cranks) with zero issues.
I find it more playful, and prefer the smaller wheels when changing direction but the bike has also gained stability because of the lower BB. Especially in turns.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I wasn't kidding.
Yeah. 27.5 upfront, 26" rear might be better.
BB height on the Decoy isn't low so will cope with the further 12mm drop just fine. I suggested shorter cranks for her saddle height/leg length. Not pedal strikes.

I run my 27.5 Capra 26" front and rear. (170mm cranks) with zero issues.
I find it more playful, and prefer the smaller wheels when changing direction but the bike has also gained stability because of the lower BB. Especially in turns.

Hmm. I have a set of 26inch wheels laying around from my old iron horse. Just would need to lace them up to proper hubs cause they are 150mmx12 and 100x20 hubs now.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You "could" just stick the 150x12 rear wheel in and splay the stays apart 2mm (boost is 148mm). plenty rear dropouts are out by 1mm or so tolerance anyway.
and OG 20mm hubs are 110mm (as is 15mm boost) so you simply need 20mm-15mm reducer caps for the front wheel or a sleeve 15mm bore , 20mm outer diameter and 110m width.
running 26 front and rear will lower the bike a couple of mm more than 27.5 f & 26" rear and also steepen the seat and head angles a little. (just shy of a degree)

Do you have any frame parts left from the Ironhorse? (Assuming it's a Sunday)

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I have 2 6point frames that I turned into 7points. I guess I could squeeze the 150 in but prefer not to push it. As far as the front...hmm...I have a set azonic outlaw hubs and not sure if I can find reducers for it for 15mm. Back then it was either 9mm or 20mm. Lol. It doesn't hurt to get newer hubs anyways. Not running the outlaw rims. Got newer spank rims on the hubs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles