Standard brake pads

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
what type of brake pads come as standard on a Cube reaction Hybrid 500 or Race 500
Would they be resin, sintered or semi metal?

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
The cheap ones. And they melt while you look at them. I use Jagwire semi-metallic. They are better (easier to moderate) and last longer.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Speaking of brake pads. On the Cube website my bike is listed as using Magura MT Thirty brakes. Problem is I can find no reference to these on the Magura web site so I have no idea what pads I need to buy.

fisha

Feb 17, 2020
Scotland
I've only ever known bikes to come with organic pads in my experience. Which don't last. I normall replace with sintered.

fisha

Feb 17, 2020
Scotland
Yeah, i see that some rotors say that these days. If it does, then for peace of mind, sticking with resin pads is probably the order of the day.

Apparently discs get a different heat treatment for being able to handle sintered as they generate more heat build up.

Using sintered on a resin only rotor can lead to warping of the rotor as the heat can get higher with sintered setups, also higher rotor wear rate apparently.

All that said, some folk say they have managed fine.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Yeah, i see that some rotors say that these days. If it does, then for peace of mind, sticking with resin pads is probably the order of the day.

Apparently discs get a different heat treatment for being able to handle sintered as they generate more heat build up.

Using sintered on a resin only rotor can lead to warping of the rotor as the heat can get higher with sintered setups, also higher rotor wear rate apparently.

All that said, some folk say they have managed fine.

Very useful info. Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles