ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I think that Strava Beacon, that works as Garmin Live Track
Ok. It's nice feature. But I think I will have a big problem with Apple/Google when approving the App, because I will have to prove to them that I securely store personal data on my server and do not use it for my own "selfish" purposes ;)

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
Ok. It's nice feature. But I think I will have a big problem with Apple/Google when approving the App, because I will have to prove to them that I securely store personal data on my server and do not use it for my own "selfish" purposes ;)

Oh wow, I didn’t think it was a problem. However, in Garmin Live Track the live activity disappears as soon as the rider finishes it, Garmin stores the information just for the ride length. Maybe this helps?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Oh wow, I didn’t think it was a problem. However, in Garmin Live Track the live activity disappears as soon as the rider finishes it, Garmin stores the information just for the ride length. Maybe this helps?
Yes, maybe. But I don't know how it would have to be proven for Apple/Google

DaveW2

Dec 16, 2021
Calgary
I rode my new Orbea Rise and recorded everything on the STRide app. I am so happy to be able to get this data which is not available in E-Tube, so I can understand how power settings and battery consumption work so I can maximize my riding enjoyment. I put the data in a spreadsheet and have a few questions I would like answers to so I can learn more about the bike's performance.
%Assist - is this percent of the torque settings in E-Tube, or max rated torque, or max rated power (Watts), or percent of rider input? What are the maximum power limits in each mode For the EP8 RS motor?
Can motor power or torque be extracted from the data? (Since we have cadence we could calculate power from torque or torque from power)
Can rider input power or torque be extracted?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
%Assist - is this percent of the torque settings in E-Tube, or max rated torque, or max rated power (Watts), or percent of rider input? What are the maximum power limits in each mode For the EP8 RS motor?
Shimano doesn't explain it anywhere. I think this parameter means percent of max torque applied by a motor.

Can motor power or torque be extracted from the data?
Can rider input power or torque be extracted?
No
No
It's sad that Shimano did not implement those params into their datalogging protocol

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The new version for Android is available.
It's possible to download Online maps regions into App's cache (this will be useful if you want to ride in an area where cellular service does not work)
1639840247333.png

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Unable to get view st ride on my i-watch version 6. running latest software. All data displays on my i-phone ( version 7). when I try to use watch it doesn't show data from St-ride on my phone. on watch it says connec to bike but never does connect. Any body have this problem

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Unable to get view st ride on my i-watch version 6. running latest software. All data displays on my i-phone ( version 7). when I try to use watch it doesn't show data from St-ride on my phone. on watch it says connec to bike but never does connect. Any body have this problem
Start STRide on your iPhone, after that start STRide on your watch and press "Connect" button on your watch. The App will connect to your bike and start displaying data on your watch.

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Vadll - thanks for getting back to me. I will try this again but this is exactly the process I did. Once I hit connect on my i-watch it never does. Just spins like to trying to connect but never does. I will report back

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Vadll - thanks for getting back to me. I will try this again but this is exactly the process I did. Once I hit connect on my i-watch it never does. Just spins like to trying to connect but never does. I will report back
Same result - Error messages says app must be running on your phone which is was running . Also now I can't connect to my bike via the E-tube project app to adjust profiles - Weird because I could connect = the ST ride app on my phone but not E-tube app.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Same result - Error messages says app must be running on your phone which is was running . Also now I can't connect to my bike via the E-tube project app to adjust profiles - Weird because I could connect = the ST ride app on my phone but not E-tube app.
Yes, it's very strange, because STRide uses different protocol to access a bike data.
Try to unpair your Shimano display at Bluetooth settings of your iPhone.

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Yes, it's very strange, because STRide uses different protocol to access a bike data.
Try to unpair your Shimano display at Bluetooth settings of your iPhone.
Unpairing worked to the extent that can now connect to the Shimano E-tube project app. But now the ST Ride app won't connect on my phone. There appears to be an motor update 4.1.8 which I plan on doing later. Maybe that will help all of this issues.

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hello
I want to use my ticwatch Pro Wear os watch for heart rate monitoring. With the app "heart for bluetooth" it provides heart rate information beacon over bluetooth. Stride is recognising it and shows the name of the watch, but after switching the bike on I hear a message "heart rate monitor is not connected".
It works fine with other sport apps.

How to solve this?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hello
I want to use my ticwatch Pro Wear os watch for heart rate monitoring. With the app "heart for bluetooth" it provides heart rate information beacon over bluetooth. Stride is recognising it and shows the name of the watch, but after switching the bike on I hear a message "heart rate monitor is not connected".
It works fine with other sport apps.

How to solve this?
PM me and tell me what phone do you use. Also, please make a screen recording and show me how it works on your phone

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Can any one explain the differance between St-Ride and St unlacker? I tried using ST-ride to pair with my i-watch but it never connects on my watch just the phone. Thinking about trying St-unlocker instead but not sure if it's the same thing or ? also somewhat concerned about st-unlocker and my warrenty. Why would Orbea care if I use st-unlocker with no intenetion of changing to max power.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Can any one explain the differance between St-Ride and St unlacker? I tried using ST-ride to pair with my i-watch but it never connects on my watch just the phone. Thinking about trying St-unlocker instead but not sure if it's the same thing or ? also somewhat concerned about st-unlocker and my warrenty. Why would Orbea care if I use st-unlocker with no intenetion of changing to max power.
STUnlocker is for changing bike's settings
STRide is for saving/viewing your ride sessions.

chrisknap

Dec 22, 2021
St Just St Rambert
Hello, I cannot configure my EP8 with the ST UNLOCKER application, even with the premium license. I'm not sure which .dat files should or should not be kept when connecting with iFunbox. there is a person who would directly have the files to be fed back into the application via iFunbox. Thanks in advance. under iphone XR

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hello, I cannot configure my EP8 with the ST UNLOCKER application, even with the premium license. I'm not sure which .dat files should or should not be kept when connecting with iFunbox. there is a person who would directly have the files to be fed back into the application via iFunbox. Thanks in advance. under iphone XR
This thread is not for STUnlocker App.
Email to me if you have any questions about downgrading

locoboy

Jan 15, 2022
Midlands
This thread is not for STUnlocker App.
Email to me if you have any questions about downgrading

Hi, I'm interested in being able to see a bit more information from my bike, battery, cadence, distance etc, I have a garmin fenix 3 HR would the ST Ride App do this for me without voiding any warranty etc on my Orbe Rise 2021? Thanks

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi, I'm interested in being able to see a bit more information from my bike, battery, cadence, distance etc, I have a garmin fenix 3 HR would the ST Ride App do this for me without voiding any warranty etc on my Orbe Rise 2021? Thanks
Could you explain how can STRide void a bike's warranty? Your bike (display) is an ordinary Bluetooth device that has public services that sends telemetry without any special commands, protocols, etc (you can get this telemetry data from your bike using any Bluetooth LE browser App). There is no difference between it and an ordinary bluetooth sensor like HRM, high speed GPS receiver, etc.

locoboy

Jan 15, 2022
Midlands
Could you explain how can STRide void a bike's warranty? Your bike (display) is an ordinary Bluetooth device that has public services that sends telemetry without any special commands, protocols, etc (you can get this telemetry data from your bike using any Bluetooth LE browser App). There is no difference between it and an ordinary bluetooth sensor like HRM, high speed GPS receiver, etc.
I wasn't sure so asked a question.
Thanks.

h3rrm

Dec 18, 2021
Germany
@vadII Thank you for all your effort. Your app is f******** awesome, I totally love it!

May I put a feature request? I use STRide with an Apple Watch. Can you integrate Workouts to the Apple Watch Fitness app? It must be possible somehow, it works with Runtastic and Strava, too.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
@vadII Thank you for all your effort. Your app is f******** awesome, I totally love it!

May I put a feature request? I use STRide with an Apple Watch. Can you integrate Workouts to the Apple Watch Fitness app? It must be possible somehow, it works with Runtastic and Strava, too.
Ok, I'll check it
Thanks

Hammick

Feb 3, 2022
Kansas City, Missouri
I'm working on this, but didn't find Shimano commands for changing assist mode yet. Moreover, the only one way is to switch between Eco/Trail/Boost. It's not possible to increase/decrease assist level on fly.

Any update on whether heart rate assistance change is possible on the Orbea Rise? And did I understand you correctly that the EP8 motor cannot change assistance on the fly? So you have to stop the bike before changing from Eco to Trail or Boost? Sounds silly on Shimano's part if that's the case.

Thanks.

Hammick

Feb 3, 2022
Kansas City, Missouri
Who said you that??? This is nonsense...

Sorry I misunderstood what you said earlier in the thread about changing assistance level on the fly. I went to Orbea's website and clearly the Rise has a rocker pad on the left bar for changing the riding modes on the fly.

I use Blevo on my Turbo Levo Comp and use the heart rate assist function on most rides. It's not a deal breaker for me switching to a Rise but it sure would be nice if your ST Ride App eventually gets this functionality. Glad to hear you are working on it.

When riding non-technical bike paths for distance/exercise I have the Smart Eco setting in Blevo set to go from 1% up to 10% assist when my heart rate exceeds 132 bpm. And Smart Trail set from 11% up to 20%. I configure Smart Turbo for 80% assist since I rarely use it.

BTW I use an Iphone and Apple watch if that matters for my HRM assist ?s

Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles