ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

mrwooster

Jun 8, 2020
Canada
Great update thanks!! Small note, I am not able to login to strava using my google login (worked fine using facebook login) - this is the error I got. Samsung S10.

Screenshot_20200616-133101_ST Ride.jpg

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Great update thanks!! Small note, I am not able to login to strava using my google login (worked fine using facebook login) - this is the error I got. Samsung S10.
You have to send this question to Strava/Google, not to me. App shows login page on www.strava.com and can't control anything on it.
I've googled for this error: it looks like only one solution - create your own Strava login/password and don't use "Sign in with Google"

Last edited:

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Is that what you mean?
I've also downloaded the latest version and still doing the same.
What do you mean "the same"? Please make an outside video how you connect to your bike using the latest STRide version!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New version was uploaded:
- Export/Import notifications
- Speedometer maximum speed setting
- Speedometer new visualization (can be configurable ON/OFF and Color at Settings)

Screenshot_1592489900.png

mrwooster

Jun 8, 2020
Canada
You have to send this question to Strava/Google, not to me. App shows login page on www.strava.com and can't control anything on it.
I've googled for this error: it looks like only one solution - create your own Strava login/password and don't use "Sign in with Google"

Hi Vadll, this is not a Strava/Google problem - Google changed their OAuth policy in 2016 to disallow logins from embedded web views for security reasons (not sure why tbh). The correct way to implement it is to force the OAuth to open a full browser window (e.g. chrome on android) when doing an oauth login - this is how other apps do it with strava.

Probably not a super urgent issue, but just FYI

Here is the google documentation Modernizing OAuth interactions in Native Apps for Better Usability and Security

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi Vadll, this is not a Strava/Google problem - Google changed their OAuth policy in 2016 to disallow logins from embedded web views for security reasons (not sure why tbh). The correct way to implement it is to force the OAuth to open a full browser window (e.g. chrome on android) when doing an oauth login - this is how other apps do it with strava.

Probably not a super urgent issue, but just FYI

Here is the google documentation Modernizing OAuth interactions in Native Apps for Better Usability and Security
I know that, thanks anway. But in IOS this method is strongly prohibited by Apple App's reviewers :) They demand that you have to use built-in App safari browser. So, there are no solutions for IOS Apps to use "Login via Google"

davidi161

Jun 10, 2020
UK
Good news Vadll, I have just downloaded the latest release and it has now connected to my bike, strava confirmed working also via FB login. Can't wait now for the rain to stop so I can get out a do some testing with it.
Thank you for the work you are putting into this app we really appreciate it ????

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New version was uploaded
- Changed Strava authentication (now it's possible to login via Strava App or Google Account)
- Added German language support (beta)

SteveLazy

Jul 9, 2020
Hungary
Hi vadII and all! Thanks for this great app! I like it to use, working fine and my HR sensor is working fine (Kalenji from Decathlon).
But I have some problem. Descent and climb values about ten times bigger, than the real data, or I cant see the decimal point.
Another problem with data export. When I export a session to Strava, the time data does not match. The time is wrong in Strava. I attached two pics.

Thanks for your great work!
Best regards
Steve

Screenshot_20200709-170148.png

Screenshot_20200709-170446.png

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi vadII and all! Thanks for this great app! I like it to use, working fine and my HR sensor is working fine (Kalenji from Decathlon).
But I have some problem. Descent and climb values about ten times bigger, than the real data, or I cant see the decimal point.
Another problem with data export. When I export a session to Strava, the time data does not match. The time is wrong in Strava. I attached two pics.

Thanks for your great work!
Best regards
Steve
Descent/Climb values are increments each time when GPS altitude is changed.
Email to me your session in STRide format to check what's wrong with time

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth

I imported your session into STRide, and then exported into my Strava account and got same result: Strava says that track takes 11:41 minutes...

After that I open Strava WEB site, log into my account and exported this session back to GPX file.

The GPX file has start date: 2020-07-08T10:45:35Z
And the last point has: 2020-07-08T12:38:18Z
So total time is correct: 1 hour 52 minutes 43 seconds

It looks like issues are on Strava side, sorry

SteveLazy

Jul 9, 2020
Hungary
Hi vadll! I have a problem again. I made a full reset on my phone, and install again STRide app. It's can't connect to my bike. E-Tube and STUnlocker can connect properly, but the STRide can't. Just "Scanning for devices" for long-long time. What can I do?
The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 with android 6.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi vadll! I have a problem again. I made a full reset on my phone, and install again STRide app. It's can't connect to my bike. E-Tube and STUnlocker can connect properly, but the STRide can't. Just "Scanning for devices" for long-long time. What can I do?
The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 with android 6.
I don't know, sorry

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New version was released.
I added thresholds for the distance covered to add points to the map and for export to other formats. This improved the accuracy of exporting to Strava and speeded up the App. All thresholds can be configured in the App's settings.

OleP

Dec 3, 2020
Roskilde, Denmark
Just updated to rev. 1.4.37 and app will not start.
Used previous version prior to the automatic update without any issue.
Uninstall and reinstalling the STride app did not help.:(
I did send feedback to Google (I think...) ;)

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Anybody knows how to edit and upload xml dashboards? Can't find them on any public folders on my android :D

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I managed to update them using adb backup and restore, in case you are interested.
Regards!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
is it possible to design our own graphics ?

if yes , how ?

if no , do you plan to make other ( beautiful ?) graphics ?
What do you mean? What's wrong with App's graphics?

Anyway, can you show me "beautiful" graphics?

Last edited:

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
What do you mean? What's wrong with App's graphics?

Anyway, can you show me "beautiful" graphics?

graphics looks too simple , for me , not for everyone I bet , I personaly like these kind of font , color , gradient , graphics , something more factory made , dont know how to explain in english ...

Screenshot_2021-01-20-13-07-25-66.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-20-13-24-52-27.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles