ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

DaveW2

Dec 16, 2021
Calgary
time, heart rate, rider weight
Could you revise the equations so it doesn't count reductions in burned kcal? When my heart rate is less than 50 such as before I start riding, burned kcal values are decreasing, as if energy is being added to my body.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Could you revise the equations so it doesn't count reductions in burned kcal? When my heart rate is less than 50 such as before I start riding, burned kcal values are decreasing, as if energy is being added to my body.
It's impossible, because burned kcal is equal the average heart rate multiplied to the time

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
Hi vadll,

Scheme:

is it possibile to make a dash without the speedometer ?
i see in Post #126
Speedometer new visualization (can be configurable ON/OFF and Color at Settings)
that sounds the entire space can be used for the Items e.g Mod Rng Cad etc. ?

please do you have a List for all XML Entries for config own Dashes ?

Thanks
nanu

a friendly reminder for my post ;)

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
sorry...... I have problems with the HR sensor.

I get the feedback via voice: HR Connect but no value is displayed.
After a few minutes a voice message: HR disconnect

the sensor works perfectly with the Shimano Ride app.
ride hr Screenshot_20220511-170837.png

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
sorry...... I have problems with the HR sensor.

I get the feedback via voice: HR Connect but no value is displayed.
After a few minutes a voice message: HR disconnect

the sensor works perfectly with the Shimano Ride app.
This message only occurs if the Android system itself interrupts the connection with the sensor and informs the app about it. There is no way to control the quality of the connection between the sensor and the Android system.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
<dash_scheme visible="0"
The new version for Android is available. It's possible to expand dash on a full screen (hide the speedometer) by double-tap. Also it's possible to expand map/dash on a full screen at "Map" page

dipol

May 19, 2022
Italy
Vadll I bought your App that I really like, I find it complete.

My situation, I have a OnePlus 8T Android 12 smartphone and an Orbea Rise H30 ebike.

The ebike connects without problems, while I have a big problem connecting to Polar H9 heart rate monitor.

In all honesty before the last upgrade to version 1.10.60 the Polar band connected without problems.

Now after the last upgrade following the on-screen instructions, to connect the bluetooth sensors first and then turn on the ebike the App, detects the Polar Band as a device found but remains on the screen without going ahead if tap on the Polar inscription nothing happens, if tap on the screen the writing disappears but once connected the Ebike does not appear the dator on the heartbeat.

See image.
App_1.jpg
App_2.jpg

I tried to disconnect the Polar Heart Rate Monitor to reconnect it to uninstall STRide clearing data and Cache but without success.

I think it's a problem of the STRide App because the Polar H9 Heart Rate Monitor connects seamlessly with other APPs like Wahoo, Polar, OruxMap and E-Tube Ride.

I wanted to understand if there is the possibility to download the apk of STRide previous to understand if it is a problem related to the latest version.

Or alternatively if I can send you a log to understand what the problem could be.

Thank you for your support.

Last edited:

dipol

May 19, 2022
Italy
Dear Vadll,
I think understood the exact procedure to connect both the HRM and the Ebike.

With the Ebike off, launch the App and then tap on connect, as soon as STRide reveals the sensor and the sensor found is displayed on the screen, without any tap (don't touch the screen), you have to turn on the Ebike the App connects to the Ebike and are finally displayed both the data of the Ebike and those of the HRM.
Tried 2 times and seems to work fine.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I also send you logs via email to see if everything is working smoothly.
I will also try in the coming days to see if everything is working properly.

Thank you for your support.
Hello

Elik

May 30, 2022
Poland
I have a KELLYS electric bike, model R90. Motor model: Shimano DU-E7000. Firmware: 4.5.0. Display model: Shimano SC-E5000. I purchased the Shimano EW-WU111 transmitter module. I connected the module in series, in front of the display. Just like in the picture. It is visible on the Android phone as a bluetooth device. I have purchased the 'ST Unlocker' application. The application connected with the bike without any problems. When the 'ST Unlocker' app is connected, only 'Etube' is displayed on the SC-E5000's display. Other data on the display is not displayed. In the application I can change the 'market' and 'circumference'.
But ....
I also purchased the 'ST Ride' app. I can't connect to my bike. The SC-E5000 display is dark, there is no data showing. When I disconnect the WU-111 transmitter (native connection), the display shows the data. Where is the problem ?
Please help.

Piotr

20220519_153422.jpg

Shades

Jul 29, 2020
San Francisco
It seems like the latest version on iOS looks strange for me using Info vs Map: It's just a tiny sliver at the top that shows the info. Using latest iOS 15.5 and ST Ride 1.5.16)
IMG_2735.PNG

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
hi vadll
when several Shimano motors are present i have problems with the connection
Apparently the motor with the strongest signal is recognized by the app ....is not always mine
solution: fixed bonding ??
thanks

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
hi vadll
when several Shimano motors are present i have problems with the connection
Apparently the motor with the strongest signal is recognized by the app ....is not always mine
thanks
Ok. I'll fix that. Thanks

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
thanks
I've posted the new version on Google Play. You can switch ON the setting "Automatic connection to known devices only" and then, during the connection, select which device you want to connect. After the first successful connection the device will be stored and then you'll connect with this device automatically.
Let me know how it works for you

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
Let me know how it works for you

it works fine !
tested with 3 Motors ( E7000 EP8 ) and 2 diff. Pulsesensors.
only the selected ones will be connected
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post # 246:
It's possible to download Online maps regions into App's cache
where are the Maptiles stored?
I can't find any data in the cache location ? (android/data/com.stunlocker.app.ride/cache)
please move the location to ext. Memory (SD Card) the tiles drain a lot of memory !

some suggestions for better working with the maps
Map orientation: > Movement direction
Graphic Line: the current trackline should overlap the loaded one for better orientation
Edit Mode: mode that does not require a connection to the motor (e.g to load Routes)
Track Import: Refresh Button to aktualize the List (curr. you must close/open the App)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles