ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
It works on all my Android phones (Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi) and in Android simulators. I have no idea what's wrong with your stock Pixel7Pro...
p.s. I'll try to search what can be wrong with Pixels...

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
Hi vadll

I'm currently testing version 1.14.69 and see still the same error as in Post #361.

please do not write position Coordinates: 0°N 0°E into the database
if there is no GPS Fix.

0°N 0°E is not a placeholder for none GPS Fix but a Geo Position (Gulf of Guinea) .

When the real GPS position is received (GPS Fix) one occurs huge offset over 5000 km !

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi vadll

I'm currently testing version 1.14.69 and see still the same error as in Post #361.

please do not write position Coordinates: 0°N 0°E into the database
if there is no GPS Fix.

0°N 0°E is not a placeholder for none GPS Fix but a Geo Position (Gulf of Guinea) .

When the real GPS position is received (GPS Fix) one occurs huge offset over 5000 km !
Hi. The App does not write GPS data into DB until it detected by GPS sensor. Are you talking about the online dash or statistics?

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
Hi,
I'm talking about Session Records if there is no GPS Fix then the position Coordinates: 0°N 0°E is entered.
see the preview of the Session Records in the post number #361
the preview shows the first Position as 0°N 0°E ( in the sea Gulf of Guinea)

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi,
I'm talking about Session Records if there is no GPS Fix then the position Coordinates: 0°N 0°E is entered.
see the preview of the Session Records in the post number #361
the preview shows the first Position as 0°N 0°E ( in the sea Gulf of Guinea)
Ok. Try the new 1.15 version

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The new visualization in 1.16: customizable side arcs
1706865182239.png

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
Newbie question: my bike (Orbea Rise) does not have a display, only a unit with buttons to control the assist. Will the app be able to display the battery level on my Apple Watch?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Newbie question: my bike (Orbea Rise) does not have a display, only a unit with buttons to control the assist. Will the app be able to display the battery level on my Apple Watch?

I forget about the app on the Apple Watch. The characters are too small to see when I'm riding, so I deleted it. Another option you might prefer is to remove your little clicky-button on the wire, and replace it with a proper computer display mounted to your bars. @Rod B. did a really detailed write-up that you can find elsewhere on this forum. It looks complicated, but it really isn't that bad.

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
Honestly, I do not want a display and prefer the just-buttons thingy. The only thing I want to know while riding is the battery percentage, because the LED indication is the same for 100% and 20%.

I have both E-Tube and ST Unlocker apps on my phone, but they're very slow to connect and can't be connected to the bike while riding, so not very practical to use them to check the battery.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I have both E-Tube and ST Unlocker apps on my phone, but they're very slow to connect and can't be connected to the bike while riding, so not very practical to use them to check the battery.

The Apple Watch connects to the iPhone, not directly to the Shimano system. So if the iPhone is too slow for you, then the watch won't be any better.

Jacky05

Aug 7, 2021
France
Honnêtement, je ne veux pas d’écran et préfère le truc avec juste des boutons. La seule chose que je veux savoir lorsque je roule, c'est le pourcentage de batterie, car l'indication LED est la même pour 100 % et 20 %.

J'ai à la fois les applications E-Tube et ST Unlocker sur mon téléphone, mais elles sont très lentes à se connecter et ne peuvent pas être connectées au vélo pendant la conduite, donc pas très pratique de les utiliser pour vérifier la batterie.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The new 1.18 version was released.
Added ANT+ heart rate sensor and SRAM AXS.
1711715932587.png

To work with ANT sensors you have to enable it and pair at "App Settings"

Guyt

Feb 22, 2021
Québec
Honestly, I do not want a display and prefer the just-buttons thingy. The only thing I want to know while riding is the battery percentage, because the LED indication is the same for 100% and 20%.

I am in the same situation. Just downloaded the app, it's giving me the battery percentage. All I need now is an android phone with a smaller screen than mine ;)

Congrats to the developer, as a retired programmer, I can see all the work that was put in the app.

Last edited:

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
I am in the same situation. Just downloaded the app, it's given me the battery percentage. All I need now is an android phone with a smaller screen than mine ;)

Congrats to the developer, as a retired programmer, I can see all the work that was put in the app.
So, does it allow you mid-ride to just get your phone out of the pocket and instantly see the battery percentage?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles