SRAM Cassette's - Are they made of cheese... soft cheese?

Kilham5

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
Really pee'd off. :mad:

Having worn the original SRAM 11 speed chain and cassette out in 750 miles (about 8 weeks), I put it down to not checking chain and more hard riding than cleaning.
Since then I have been mechanically sympathetic and cleaned the bike and drivetrain meticulously after every ride.
Changed the next chain at 350 miles, before 0.5% wear.
Now, just changed the chain again before 0.5%, and guess what?
Despite meticulous care and mechanical sympathy, the second £100 SRAM XG1150 cassette is toast in less than 700 miles.

Not happy, this kit should be more durable.

Any suggestions?

What is 11 speed, XD freehub compatible?

I was contemplating going AXS, but the prospect of even higher chain and cassette costs rules that out.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
SRAM cassettes are rumored to be decent.

The longest lasting chain and cassette, I have used was a SRAM PG-1230. It lasted maybe 1000 miles. It lasted so long becuase the eagle 12 speed derailleur was puny and weak, err uh...finicky, and riding anything other than groomed bike trails was NOT possible.

Once I switched to an XT 10 speed, and found I could ride in just about any terrian, in just about any conditions, my cassette and chain life was cut in half!

I'm currently getting about 600 miles from a sunrace (which might be made from cheese) and maybe a little more from shimano SLX and Deore.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles