SRAM 8 speed cassette

Makende

Nov 15, 2018
Malvern Hills
Has anyone experienced fit issues with the SRAM 8 speed cassette? I’ve had two back wheels, therefore two different freehubs and the cassette seems to have way more play than my other bikes cassettes. Currently have a Halo Supadrive 120 HG but there doesn’t seem to be any way of reducing the wobble. (and yes, I have tried gorilla-ing the lock ring ?).

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not knowing know the cassette or freehub you're talking about it's difficult to say but if you mean actual side to side lateral movement of the whole cassette on the freehub (and not freehub play) you may need to fit a cassette spacer behind the cassette

Makende

Nov 15, 2018
Malvern Hills
It’s a SRAM EX1 cassette. Tried a spacer but the lock ring doesn’t pick up on the Hub threads with it fitted. ?. The freehub is solid, no play - it just seems that the whole cassette is a bit loose on the freehub body. It’s more of a rocking movement than lateral. I’ve measured everything and the lock ring isn’t bottomed out either. Will put it all back together and see how she rides I suppose ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
There was a thread about dodgy Sram cassettes with an out of true movement, up to 5mm lateral on the biggest gear). The conclusion was that there was a batch of poorly manufactured cassettes about.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles