Squeaky cranks

Maxdown

May 10, 2019
Huddersfield
Am getting a pretty bad speak come from the motor/cranks which only occurs when pedalling and applying force. It’s sounds like something either in the motor or cranks.

Anyone had this or got any ideas on fixing it? I don’t think I can take the motor unit apart?

FSEngineer

Jul 14, 2020
Kent
Not sure what your course of action should be if it’s inside the drive unit (warranty?) but creaks in that area on mine have been sorted by tightening the chainring bolts, and also the main mounting bolts holding in the motor (I actually removed, cleaned and applied blue loctite to each bolt at the last service). Might be worth a try, at least 4 of the motor mount bolts are easy to access

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
How many km has the chainring? It might be worn out. I got this kind of noise when mixed old and new drivetrain parts.

Maxdown

May 10, 2019
Huddersfield
Thanks all, yeah not had chance to reply or look at the bike since early in the week. It’s all clean now so will get it on the stand and take a look. The only new bits are the pedals so will give all the bolts a tighten and regrease.

Had a quick rotate of cranks after cleaning and it seemed fine but maybe with weight on it will squeak again. Thanks for suggestions

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles