Sporadic Surrey rides

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Don't forget Surey is buggered this weekend with the bike races View attachment 16616
Compleatly forgot about the Ride london being on which is bad as I have ridden it a few times and still get all the promotionale emails.
Might give it miss if all the roads are buggered I could probably work out a route to get to peaslake as I will be travelling up from Sussex but it might not be worth the hassle.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Compleatly forgot about the Ride london being on which is bad as I have ridden it a few times and still get all the promotionale emails.
Might give it miss if all the roads are buggered I could probably work out a route to get to peaslake as I will be travelling up from Sussex but it might not be worth the hassle.

based on Topov's map you can come S from the A24, turn left at the North Holmwood roundabout, if you then take the (I think - look on the map) 5th left - Knoll Road - you can connect to the bottom of Coldharbour Lane. Follow that or park there and you're easily up to Leith Hill. I actually prefer it to Peaslake - there's so much more to Surrey Hills than Peaslake and Winterfold.

I'm a local so PM me if not sure.

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
based on Topov's map you can come S from the A24, turn left at the North Holmwood roundabout, if you then take the (I think - look on the map) 5th left - Knoll Road - you can connect to the bottom of Coldharbour Lane. Follow that or park there and you're easily up to Leith Hill. I actually prefer it to Peaslake - there's so much more to Surrey Hills than Peaslake and Winterfold.

I'm a local so PM me if not sure.
Thanks for the info haven just seen it’s Brighton pride this weekend which may cause a bit extra road issues so going to give it a miss this weekend will hope to get over next Saturday for a ride.

Max

simon b

Nov 2, 2018
Kent
yeah we will be there, hoping the water drains a bit its been pissing down all day in central london

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I’m out this evening on the MTB hitting some jump lines, but will be on the eBike on Saturday morning if anyone is about - probably starting at West Hanger Lane.

Ben Duro

May 27, 2019
Surrey
Hello Jamsxr, I could be up for that but not familiar with west hangar lane, I normally park in peaslake, what kind of time are you aiming for?
Cheers

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Hello Jamsxr, I could be up for that but not familiar with west hangar lane, I normally park in peaslake, what kind of time are you aiming for?
Cheers

Hi Ben, I can be flexible but was going to head out around 8.30 for a 2-3 hour ride.

There are some great downhill and jump lines there. I was then going to do some exploring around Ranmore as well.

West Hanger is here if you fancy it...

West Hanger, Staple Lane Car Park
Staple Ln, Guildford GU5 9TE
01483 795440
Google Maps

Ben Duro

May 27, 2019
Surrey
Hi Ben, I can be flexible but was going to head out around 8.30 for a 2-3 hour ride.

There are some great downhill and jump lines there. I was then going to do some exploring around Ranmore as well.

West Hanger is here if you fancy it...

West Hanger, Staple Lane Car Park
Staple Ln, Guildford GU5 9TE
01483 795440
Google Maps
I know where

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Hey lads - would be very interested in hearing about Surrey Rides - expecially weekday ones, and the faster the better! - I bought an ebike to get more runs in, not because I'm unfit :)

I live in Peaslake and work from home - bike due to arrive week after next!

cheers!!!

Hey Robin, my thumb is still hurting after defeat the dragon last week ?

Give me a shout whenever you fancy a motorised trail blast, I work from home 1-2 days a week ?

Did Rogate on Sunday, perfect on the eBike, although it was a bit sloppy...

Cheers
James

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Hey lads - would be very interested in hearing about Surrey Rides - expecially weekday ones, and the faster the better! - I bought an ebike to get more runs in, not because I'm unfit :)

I live in Peaslake and work from home - bike due to arrive week after next!

cheers!!!
Hi I normally ride mid week I will drop a post next time I'm out on the ebb.

Max

simon b

Nov 2, 2018
Kent
Thinking about swinley on NYD, (staying in on NYE with a heavily pregnant wife), if anyone is around?

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Chaps how pants has the weather been on our patch the last few months? Barely had my Levo out since October.

Just having a whine. Gotta be summer soon!

Applied a little while ago but answered no to "do you ride BPW black runs?". Didn't hear back.

is that a disqualifier? anyone wanna make a blues and reds group?

Yea, have been using as such - as want to keep the rides fast and be able to ride the trails we want. PM me with your real name and and I'll let you in...

Long term aim would be to have multiple rides out each weekend - with each flagged as intermediate or advanced...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Chaps how pants has the weather been on our patch the last few months? Barely had my Levo out since October.

Just having a whine. Gotta be summer soon!
I have been out quite a bit, but trail choice is restricted due to the conditions at the moment, find myself doing more trail/xc type rides than I usually would.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Did a lung powered loop around Holmbury on Sunday (man it was sloooowwww) - looks an awful lot of new riders have been buying Levos with their furlough money.

Good news for Toby in Merrow Dave in Leatherhead, and Freeborn, I guess!

(and I was wishing for a deal on an SL. some chance!).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles