speedbox tunning

P4UL

Dec 3, 2018
Maidenhead
Hi guys . Has anyone fitted a speedbox from speedboxtunning.com and what are your thoughts / experience ? just deciding weather to buy one i ride mostly on fire roads on a daily commute and am constantly against the motor kicking in and out. Im not fused about how fast i could go but just a tad faster that the 15mph limit now. cheers in advance

Cooldaddygroove

Jul 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Well, I am not sure what motor you plan to use it on, but on my previous eMTB I installed the Speedbox for Bosch and it was terrific. Here in Canada we have a higher speed governor limit than other countries (20mph/32kmh) than the 15mph your have. I can't imagine riding anything with a 15mph limit to be honest.

I found myself hitting "The Wall" often, especially when traveling on the flats between trails and it bothered me enough to buy the Speedbox. I looked at all the various devices and chose Speedbox as it looked well made (which it is), was simple plug and play, and it didn't screw with what was displayed on my computer.

That being said, I sold the bike and bought another as I progressed my riding and am now limited to 20mph/32kmh again. I have no plans to de-limit my current bike mostly because I ride almost exclusively with other eMTB'ers and there is no benefit it travelling faster than them on the flats.

If most of my riding was on my own, I might consider doing it again

P4UL

Dec 3, 2018
Maidenhead
Hey thanks for replying even the limiter you guys have over there would be better . It is frustrating I mainly ride on my own and when I do ride socially I tend to use my hard tail normal MTB . Did you find that with the limiter removed you would still get a work out from the bike ?

Cooldaddygroove

Jul 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
The de-limiter has zero affect on your effort (unless of course you get some kind of medievil thrill out of grinding against the 25kph/32kph wall). I rode a with a friend the fist time, found him a DeVinci AC/XT to ride for the day. When I asked "What does your speedo say right now?"

"35kph" he says

Huh?

"I like it" he said

Anyways, if you want to sweat hard, climb a long steep hill....de-limiter makes no difference on how hard you pedal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles