• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Speedbox 3 for Bosch Gen4

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
Hi

Tried mine yesterday, just a quick ride around the block. Should give assist up to 99 km/h now, only tried it up to 60 km/h yet though.

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Hi

Tried mine yesterday, just a quick ride around the block. Should give assist up to 99 km/h now, only tried it up to 60 km/h yet though.
Do you have to leave the computer on for a while after finishing a ride?
I heard that it is a requirement on some of these.

Dre

Feb 18, 2020
Bristol
Just installed my speedbox 3.0, switched it on and the 6.1 mph indication appeared but there was no electrical assistance when I started pedalling, what has gone wrong?

Feb 2, 2020
Dorset
Not yet I’m going to refit it today to see if it works or not.
Check that you have your wires connected correctly, it's often a case of switching these around and it'll work. Attached a screenshot to help.

Bosch-Active-Line-Plus connection.jpg

Fixmiki

Feb 3, 2020
Magyarország
Hello! I installed speedbox3. I give advantage, I stop, I start again and there is no help. At least 2 seconds. It is very unpleasant to start fast. There is a solution?

DJ_Sixty

Jan 30, 2020
Portugal
I'll stop at the stop signal. I leave. No help approx. 2sec. then help again. Of course, Speedbox is always on.
If the countdown has started there is a small delay. The only solution for that is turning off the speed unlock. If you really need more than 25 kmh in stop and go traffic them you have to live with it or buy another different box with no countdown.
I have two speedbox3 and I'm very happy.

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
Can Bosch tell if you take the Box3 off before you take the bike in for warranty?

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
Today the Speedbox 3.0 failed ?
I have only covered just over 300 miles with it fitted, it's only been switched on for a small percentage of that time, maybe 20 miles...
I was riding down a country lane at approx 16-18mph when the motor cut out and the display was showing random speeds. I switched it off and back on again, in walk mode it now shows 1.5 and 4.6 instead of 1.5 and 6.1. I've now removed it and returned for refund as I've now lost confidence.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles