• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Speedbox 3 and Bosch Gen4 after update to 1.04

pmac

Jul 14, 2020
Perth
My bike motor stopped working. There was no warning no error. It looked like the Bosch kiox was not connecting to the motor. The bike shop ran diagnostics and contacted Bosch. I'm told that the Bosch software used some sort of heat and cadence metrics to detect that it was chipped. If this is true then it means that no chip will work. Has anyone else had similar.

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
My bike motor stopped working. There was no warning no error. It looked like the Bosch kiox was not connecting to the motor. The bike shop ran diagnostics and contacted Bosch. I'm told that the Bosch software used some sort of heat and cadence metrics to detect that it was chipped. If this is true then it means that no chip will work. Has anyone else had similar.
I did 900 miles with a Speedbox 3.0 fitted to my gen 4 cx performance motor, no issues at all, even when it went into the bike shop for a firmware update to the new version, it showed no evidence of a tuning chip being fitted.

pmac

Jul 14, 2020
Perth
I did 900 miles with a Speedbox 3.0 fitted to my gen 4 cx performance motor, no issues at all, even when it went into the bike shop for a firmware update to the new version, it showed no evidence of a tuning chip being fitted.
How many KMs have you done after the firmware update? I've done close to 1000.

I can't see how heat, cadence, and power metrics be used to detect chipping. The software can't determine the gearing, incline or bike weight. For all it knows, the bike could be carrying a 150 km person up a 45 degree incline over a lava.

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
How many KMs have you done after the firmware update? I've done close to 1000.

I can't see how heat, cadence, and power metrics be used to detect chipping. The software can't determine the gearing, incline or bike weight. For all it knows, the bike could be carrying a 150 km person up a 45 degree incline over a lava.
I've done approx 600km since the update...

Sodapop71

Dec 9, 2020
Geneva
Hi guys,
My first post on this forum so far! I hope you may help me with my issue! I just bought a Moustache Samedi 27 Xroad 3 with Bosh performance line two days ago. I ordered my speedbox 3 as well. I installed it and... Works almost good except that when I pass 25km/h the engine sometimes refuses to to go any faster. When it does accept, it works almost fine but its like if it would recognize the chip and blocks the speed limit back to 25km/h after a couple of kilometers. When I stop the bike I try to wait for the countdown back to 0 but... No countdown at all on the display of my Purion. It’s like if the software would deactivate the chip by itself. I have a second Speedbox 3 chipinstalled on my Urban Arrow from 2020 so I tried to installed it on my bike to see if the first one is faulty but same same! My software version is 1.3.0.0 (Performance Line de MY20: 1.3.0.0). I contacted Speedbox Tuning and they said that it should work!
i am not going to wait for the 504 error message so I uninstalled it for now until I find a solution or... a refund for the chip.
Any help? ?

marc 007

Feb 6, 2021
bruxelles
Hi guys,
My first post on this forum so far! I hope you may help me with my issue! I just bought a Moustache Samedi 27 Xroad 3 with Bosh performance line two days ago. I ordered my speedbox 3 as well. I installed it and... Works almost good except that when I pass 25km/h the engine sometimes refuses to to go any faster. When it does accept, it works almost fine but its like if it would recognize the chip and blocks the speed limit back to 25km/h after a couple of kilometers. When I stop the bike I try to wait for the countdown back to 0 but... No countdown at all on the display of my Purion. It’s like if the software would deactivate the chip by itself. I have a second Speedbox 3 chipinstalled on my Urban Arrow from 2020 so I tried to installed it on my bike to see if the first one is faulty but same same! My software version is 1.3.0.0 (Performance Line de MY20: 1.3.0.0). I contacted Speedbox Tuning and they said that it should work!
i am not going to wait for the 504 error message so I uninstalled it for now until I find a solution or... a refund for the chip.
Any help? ?
hello ,i have exactly the same problem as you withe my new cube 2021
did you find any solution?
thanks for your answer

4DXP

Dec 31, 2021
Holland
Hi guys,
Any help? ?

I had exactly the same and couldn't get it working. I disinstalled it and brought it to the Speed Box reseller and he got it working within 10 minutes. I must have had it connected wrong.

I now have more then 800kms on it and extreme torture. All perfect!

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Got the 504 yesterday .
To the LBS today . Expecting firmware update at no extra charge . Wish me luck .

I will report re Speed Box 3 after I re install it ...
I have aprox 700 ks up with speedbox 3 with no issues and hoping it stays that way however I am eager to learn if there is anything you can do to reduce chance of fail so I am keen to understand what riders were doing just prior to 504. Eg extended time at a speed above the original cutoff

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles