Spectral:ON 7 - questions

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Hello!
I should get my 2019 spectral:ON 7 (black on black) delivered next week. I was wondering how much of the bike is covered by the frame protection and if they come tubeless from the factory? Also is there a known best way to keep the battery condition good?

So far very impressed by the ordering process versus the messing about by Vitus/CRC and their complete lack of customer service. Hoping it's a good, solid upgrade over my 2016 Cannondale Habit 6 which is beginning to fall apart from being (badly) ridden around the FoD and Wye valley.

Thanks
Adam

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Hello!
I should get my 2019 spectral:ON 7 (black on black) delivered next week. I was wondering how much of the bike is covered by the frame protection and if they come tubeless from the factory? Also is there a known best way to keep the battery condition good?

So far very impressed by the ordering process versus the messing about by Vitus/CRC and their complete lack of customer service. Hoping it's a good, solid upgrade over my 2016 Cannondale Habit 6 which is beginning to fall apart from being (badly) ridden around the FoD and Wye valley.

Thanks
Adam
Looks like vitus/crc lost 2 of us to canyon ?I too ordered a spectral on 7 today ?

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Welcome to the Canyon club guys and congrats on your choice of the 7.0! It’s a ripper of a bike!

Frame protection... hardly anything apart from obvious place, the chain stay. Went OTB 2 weeks ago, broke a few ribs but more importantly the bike is ok apart from a few cosmetic scratches on the top tube.

The Swiss DT's on mine came tubeless ready, so all you’ll need is valves and your choice of sealant. I need to convert mine, but have not got round to doing it yet as it’s just to much fun to ride... suppose I have time now whilst the ribs heal up....

Keep us updated with your experience, mine took just short of 2 weeks to arrive at my door.

G

Last edited:

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Thanks for the replies!

I've been running tubeless on my Cannondale just to try it out, it definitely felt different (especially corners) but was a pain at times too. Invisiframe don't do a kit yet, but also can't measure a bike for a few weeks so that's a shame. Think I'll just try making my own for now as I do want to ride it.

Shame on the Vitus in many respects - customer service and ease of getting stuff warrantied was why I went there to start with. The Spectral looks better though so at least I don't have to wrap it straight away ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Invisframe will do you a deal if you lend them your bike to measure.

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Invisframe will do you a deal if you lend them your bike to measure.

Yes they already have, but it's a bit of a trip, twice, (they need it for two days) and can't be done for 3 weeks.

I'm not going to stare at it at home for 3 weeks and you know I'm going to crash!

Reactions: Dax

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Anyway I'm doing DC's patrol tomorrow with one of their kits so I'll see if it's actually worth it. I have some paint protection film in work so can do the obvious parts.

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
morning,
can I ask what size Spectral On you have and how tall are you,
I'm looking to get a 7.0 but not sure on the sizing, I feel I'm in between sizes I am 5.10, but checking the numbers I think a large or xl may be best? (i have longish arms lol ) as it's hard to get a test on one, thanks chaps :)

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
morning,
can I ask what size Spectral On you have and how tall are you,
I'm looking to get a 7.0 but not sure on the sizing, I feel I'm in between sizes I am 5.10, but checking the numbers I think a large or xl may be best? (i have longish arms lol ) as it's hard to get a test on one, thanks chaps :)

Where are you located? If you're local you could always have a ride on mine.

I am 5'11 and purchased the medium, it fits me well but I don't have Orangutan arms... :p

The medium comes standard with a 50mm stem, I fitted a 35mm stem which has not affected my reach, not that I can tell anyway.

If you do have unusually long arms buy the large and change the stem and bars to suit your reach?

G.

Last edited:

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Where are you located? If you're local you could always have a ride on mine.

I am 5'11 and purchased the medium, it fits me well but I don't have Orangutan arms... :p

The medium comes standard with a 50mm stem, I fitted a 35mm stem which has not affected my reach, not that I can tell anyway.

If you do have unusually long arms buy the large and change the stem and bars to suit your reach?

G.
thanks for the reply, I'm in Kent btw, I think a large could would work in that case with a few tweaks maybe, I currently ride an s150 medium which is a little cramped if I'm honest and it the size of most other brands large bikes so this is where I based my l or xl sizing from hope this makes sense.

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
I've gone for large. I'm 6ft but have pretty long arms and legs. My Cannondale reach wasn't long enough as standard in a large so I based it on that. Figured I could always change the stem etc if necessary.

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
I've gone for large. I'm 6ft but have pretty long arms and legs. My Cannondale reach wasn't long enough as standard in a large so I based it on that. Figured I could always change the stem etc if necessary.

thanks for the reply, will try for a large I think and see how that goes, always room for adjustment :)

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I think CANYON as a sizing calculation on line tool . You can also talk with them about it.

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
I think CANYON as a sizing calculation on line tool . You can also talk with them about it.

@ggx thanks for the reply, I did try the size tool on their website but it told me my measurements were wrong and I must have really long arms and short legs for my height, maybe best to call them :)

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
@ggx thanks for the reply, I did try the size tool on their website but it told me my measurements were wrong and I must have really long arms and short legs for my height, maybe best to call them :)
Be sure to measure as accurate as possible, as it was saying I should be XL for my height (6’3”) but due to unusual short legs for height they recommend L, so l measured my inseam again more accurate and they recommend XL so now I have to just wait ?hopefully be delivered next week ?

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Be sure to measure as accurate as possible, as it was saying I should be XL for my height (6’3”) but due to unusual short legs for height they recommend L, so l measured my inseam again more accurate and they recommend XL so now I have to just wait ?hopefully be delivered next week ?

@Shog46 thanks for the reply, will try that again with a better tape measure and maybe an extra pair of hands :)

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
Both me and hubby measured each other accurately. I usually rode a medium bike but it recommended small so I opted for the 6.0 women's small and fit's lovely ( I'm 5ft 5 1/2). Hubby is 5ft 10 he's got the 7.0 in a medium he's liking it (2018 models). Hope this helps.

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Both me and hubby measured each other accurately. I usually rode a medium bike but it recommended small so I opted for the 6.0 women's small and fit's lovely ( I'm 5ft 5 1/2). Hubby is 5ft 10 he's got the 7.0 in a medium he's liking it (2018 models). Hope this helps.
Thanks the for reply @pegasus yes very helpful, did it again and it's saying I should be a medium but may want to consider a large because of the reach measurement as I have longish arms ? so looks like the large is the one
Thanks all for the help now off to order one ☺️

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Thanks the for reply @pegasus yes very helpful, did it again and it's saying I should be a medium but may want to consider a large because of the reach measurement as I have longish arms ? so looks like the large is the one
Thanks all for the help now off to order one ☺️

Something to bear in mind is that it'll take longer to deliver than the website suggests. The order tracking system doesn't take swapping the brake levers over into account. The customer service chat thing online can tell you exactly how far it's got though. So far so good.

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Something to bear in mind is that it'll take longer to deliver than the website suggests. The order tracking system doesn't take swapping the brake levers over into account. The customer service chat thing online can tell you exactly how far it's got though. So far so good.
@adambcvg thanks for heads up , much appreciated, let you know how it goes ?

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
@adambcvg thanks for heads up , much appreciated, let you know how it goes ?

It's not a great look for a company when you are nervous about buying from them. I'm really not enjoying the experience at the moment and feel I should have just bought a Santa Cruz Bronson instead...

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Nope. Just be patient, you’ll love it.

I just don't trust them yet. And telling me the exact same thing Friday and then Tuesday doesn't help. I'm just concerned that brexit will start messing up stuff in a few weeks time and I don't want to wait ages and/or have to pay import duty

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
And yes I know it's early days yet. So far my bike buying experiences have all been pretty bad - the Habit was a pain and that was bought 4 miles away from Evans!

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
I just don't trust them yet. And telling me the exact same thing Friday and then Tuesday doesn't help. I'm just concerned that brexit will start messing up stuff in a few weeks time and I don't want to wait ages and/or have to pay import duty

i don’t know if you’ve read the main canyon thread or not but there are quite a few of us had problems with missed delivery times and things missing in the box - that being said if you can put it to the back of your mind and just be patient you’re going to end up with a beast of a bike, well worth the wait.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
And yes I know it's early days yet. So far my bike buying experiences have all been pretty bad - the Habit was a pain and that was bought 4 miles away from Evans!
Just received a email from canyon saying my bike as been shipped ?have you heard anything adambcvg as lm thinking we may receive them same day ?

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Just received a email from canyon saying my bike as been shipped ?have you heard anything adambcvg as lm thinking we may receive them same day ?

Yesterday they told me they were swapping the brakes over (also what was said on Friday morning, by the way) and the website tracking thing hasn't changed either from 'confirmed'.

Cool though, hope it's all there and let us know what you think!

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Yesterday they told me they were swapping the brakes over (also what was said on Friday morning, by the way) and the website tracking thing hasn't changed either from 'confirmed'.

Cool though, hope it's all there and let us know what you think!
I didn’t know you could swap around with components ?‍♂️ not holding my breath on it been delivered this week though as far as I can see it’s still in Germany

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
DHL have a few different services so could be 24/48 or about a week - I used to send lots of stuff with them in my old job. They got a full engine on a pallet to Madrid in 16 hours once, cost more than £35 mind!

Anyway order has moved on to being prepared, so that's nice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles