Spectral:ON 7 - questions

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
If I remember rightly it took 6 weeks when we ordered ours to get to our doors. Do once you've got them shog and adam where you gonna go riding first ?

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
If I remember rightly it took 6 weeks when we ordered ours to get to our doors. Do once you've got them shog and adam where you gonna go riding first ?

I tend to ride over in the forest of dean or Wye valley, but a fair bit of stuff locally to look at. Depends on when it comes and how quickly I get the protection vinyl on it.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
6 weeks wow I’m hoping it will be here soon as it’s saying on tracking site that it’s at Greenford Uk?As for where I’ll be riding first ? I live near the Peak District so that will be the ultimate testing ground

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
6 weeks wow I’m hoping it will be here soon as it’s saying on tracking site that it’s at Greenford Uk?As for where I’ll be riding first ? I live near the Peak District so that will be the ultimate testing ground

I had a phonecall late yesterday afternoon from Europa shipping in behalf of DHL. Mine is being delivered on Monday from Greenford. No point trying to ring DHL express UK by the way, it's one of their subsidiaries and has a different tracking number. Customer service give you palletways number but it's not them either, just in case you decide to try!

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
I had a phonecall late yesterday afternoon from Europa shipping in behalf of DHL. Mine is being delivered on Monday from Greenford. No point trying to ring DHL express UK by the way, it's one of their subsidiaries and has a different tracking number. Customer service give you palletways number but it's not them either, just in case you decide to try!
Interesting and good news ?
I’ve been checking the dhl tracking service which was saying it was at Greenford on Thursday but now when I check it keeps saying error number not recognised ?‍♂️(Think I’ve used all my checking points up ?)

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Interesting and good news ?
I’ve been checking the dhl tracking service which was saying it was at Greenford on Thursday but now when I check it keeps saying error number not recognised ?‍♂️(Think I’ve used all my checking points up ?)

If it makes you feel any better mine wasn't delivered today. No contact or info so don't know when it's going to turn up. Hopefully it's tomorrow as I'm working on site the rest of the week and I doubt anyone will be there to take delivery.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
If it makes you feel any better mine wasn't delivered today. No contact or info so don't know when it's going to turn up. Hopefully it's tomorrow as I'm working on site the rest of the week and I doubt anyone will be there to take delivery.
DAM that shit sorry to hear that , I was hoping you’d get yours today interested to know your thoughts of the bike ?it’ll be delivered tomorrow for you.
I’ve still not heard anything from DHL ? canyon are stating it’s definitely in this country ( so come on DHL what you pissing about at)

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
?As for where I’ll be riding first ? I live near the Peak District so that will be the ultimate testing ground[/QUOTE said:
Langsett, over Cuttgate, down to Ladybower and back. That'll give it a good test. Might even bump into you on my Focus Jam2 with my TEC pack battery in my backpack.

The kind of rides e-bikes are made for.

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
DAM that shit sorry to hear that , I was hoping you’d get yours today interested to know your thoughts of the bike ?it’ll be delivered tomorrow for you.
I’ve still not heard anything from DHL ? canyon are stating it’s definitely in this country ( so come on DHL what you pissing about at)

I'm not sure it's DHL express UK that sort out delivery. I have a feeling it's a subsidiary company, hence why the tracking stops and I was called by that random person on Friday afternoon. My DHL tracking still says Greenford, has the call to me listed and said received at terminal (whatever that means).

It's not a great start, just glad I didn't have to wait at home all day for it not to appear

Ritchieroo

Mar 2, 2019
London
Hi, my spectral on took 2 weeks to arrive from ordering. Wasn’t DHL who delivered from Greenford, they sent it to another company in Dartford who then rang me to arrange a delivery day. As I live in Epsom it probably went within 2 miles of my front door twice before the other company finally got it to me. Today my spectral is at Canyon uk hq as the usb charging port doesn’t work and can’t connect to the bike via Bluetooth for firmware updates. So hope it is a simple fix. Looking forward to getting it back.

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Canyon use DHL till it lands in the UK, then it changes hands to a company called Europa, if memory serves me well. I took the day off to receive my Spectral:ON, it arrived 17H23.... ?

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
That answers why my tracking hasn’t changed, looks like courier companies over here should learn off the German ones as it only took a day to get from canyon factory to Greenford. I wouldn’t mind so much if they just communicate and not be left in the dark.

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
That answers why my tracking hasn’t changed, looks like courier companies over here should learn off the German ones as it only took a day to get from canyon factory to Greenford. I wouldn’t mind so much if they just communicate and not be left in the dark.

Agree. Probably took 3-4 days before I got the call from Europa to arrange delivery.

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Canyon use DHL till it lands in the UK, then it changes hands to a company called Europa, if memory serves me well. I took the day off to receive my Spectral:ON, it arrived 17H23.... ?

Well I was in work until well after 5pm today. Couldn't stay any later than I did!

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Well I was in work until well after 5pm today. Couldn't stay any later than I did!

I am not defending Europa Adam. I agree, their delivery service stinks. I had to ring them to confirm that they were still delivering my bike, as it was fast approaching 17H00. In my opinion, it is this stage of the delivery experience that is letting Canyon down!

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
I am not defending Europa Adam. I agree, their delivery service stinks. I had to ring them to confirm that they were still delivering my bike, as it was fast approaching 17H00. In my opinion, it is this stage of the delivery experience that is letting Canyon down!

I don't even have a number for them, so no chance there!

No I know, thanks for your help and info ?

Last edited:

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Just ridden it in the dark after finally getting to set it up after work. It felt so much better and quicker than my Cannondale Habit 6. Then I realised the motor wasn't turned on....

Can't get Bluetooth to connect yet but I didn't really look too far into it.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Just ridden it in the dark after finally getting to set it up after work. It felt so much better and quicker than my Cannondale Habit 6. Then I realised the motor wasn't turned on....

Can't get Bluetooth to connect yet but I didn't really look too far into it.
Good to hear you’ve had yours delivered ?I’ve still not heard anything ?

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Good to hear you’ve had yours delivered ?I’ve still not heard anything ?

Have you rung Europa? They were actually helpful this morning. The lady on Friday said Monday but actually gave me today's date, hence why it appeared today.

I then had an email half an hour after it was delivered from canyon UK saying don't worry it's in the UK. Brilliant.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Have you rung Europa? They were actually helpful this morning. The lady on Friday said Monday but actually gave me today's date, hence why it appeared today.

I then had an email half an hour after it was delivered from canyon UK saying don't worry it's in the UK. Brilliant.
No I’ve not rang them, was hoping/expecting them to get in touch with me however I will ring them hopefully they can deliver this week ?so what’s your first impression of the bike

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
No I’ve not rang them, was hoping/expecting them to get in touch with me however I will ring them hopefully they can deliver this week ?so what’s your first impression of the bike

Fit is good, build quality superb. It's just mental to ride cruising up an unlit street in the rain.

Give them a ring!

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Fit is good, build quality superb. It's just mental to ride cruising up an unlit street in the rain.

Give them a ring![/Q
Big thanks to person who put phone number up? I’ve rang them this morning for them to inform me that the 2 missed calls I have received yesterday and the day before were Europa trying to arrange a delivery day ?‍♂️ So good news is it’s going to be delivered Friday woooohoooo

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Looks like I owe you a pint ? cheers

LOL! No need bud, I appreciate what it feels like to be left in the dark... extremely frustrating. Look forward to pics and your thoughts on the bike. In my opinion it gets you riding more often and capable of anything you throw at it. Just Awesome!

Last edited:

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Had a bit of wrap kicking about so made it less black. Also used completely the wrong matt clear vinyl for a bit stone protection - I'll do the invisiframe when they bring it out (they want one of these but I'm too far away).

Edit: I must put my proper pedals on!

IMG_20190306_222337.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles