Spectral:ON 630Wh external Battery (BT-E8016) upgrade possible?

Nobrain

May 4, 2021
Belfort France
I have a medium frame and I think it would not fit, but you could install the shock upside down and then it probably would work.
It would constantly hit my knee...

I think the best would be to have the BT8016 profile to check the extra thickness where it is.

I have a fair bit of space below the réservoir with BT8010 battery

Nobrain

May 4, 2021
Belfort France
It would constantly hit my knee...

I think the best would be to have the BT8016 profile to check the extra thickness where it is.

I have a fair bit of space below the réservoir with BT8010 battery
Somebody can draw the profil of both batteries on paper then I can check the difference an possibilities to instal it without turning the shock ?
Thank you

Marc_250

Sep 20, 2019
UK
Also just upgraded to one of these batteries on my ghost. Thanks to whoever noticed/sussed out the battery mount mod, worked a treat and easy to do. Got mine from Deporvillage (the Brexit 20% tax parcelforce release was a bit unwelcome).

Just did 37 miles on it and had 13 left, about a 20 miles increase on my old knackered 504s.

PsyMan2000

Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
Got it working :) Not sure what was wrong but I plugged it back into the mains for a few seconds pulled the charger cable back out and it started up fine. Connected to E-tube and all latest firmware and it recognised new battery. Hopefully just a blip. Thanks for help!

THANKYOU - Mine did exactly the same thing after I updated the firmware to 4.9.0 (sent on wild goose chase), 504wh worked fine, 630wh with modded mount Nothing, this is after using it for a few weeks too, lights on but off again like the connection was out. I have used my PC connector to downgrade the firmware to 4.8.0 in the hope it would wiork again but no dice. Read you comment and plugged in the charger for 20 seconds, yanked it out and BAM, its back. Absolutely brilliant. I need it back on 4.8.0 anyway to enable the US mode in the UK (when using it on private land of course). You are an absolute life saver :-D

dillydunc

Mar 13, 2021
Perth
THANKYOU - Mine did exactly the same thing after I updated the firmware to 4.9.0 (sent on wild goose chase), 504wh worked fine, 630wh with modded mount Nothing, this is after using it for a few weeks too, lights on but off again like the connection was out. I have used my PC connector to downgrade the firmware to 4.8.0 in the hope it would wiork again but no dice. Read you comment and plugged in the charger for 20 seconds, yanked it out and BAM, its back. Absolutely brilliant. I need it back on 4.8.0 anyway to enable the US mode in the UK (when using it on private land of course). You are an absolute life saver :-D
Happy days ??

jpaulo.emtb

Sep 12, 2018
Portugal
Someone manages to find a solution to include the crate and the bottle in the frame. I saw some photos that placing the 630 battery the canyon bottle hit the shock, even in an L frame.

jpaulo.emtb

Sep 12, 2018
Portugal
Are you guys facing the same quality issues (battery health) on this e8016 model as with other shimano battery models that are reported in the thread below?

h3rrm

Dec 18, 2021
Germany
Got it working :) Not sure what was wrong but I plugged it back into the mains for a few seconds pulled the charger cable back out and it started up fine. Connected to E-tube and all latest firmware and it recognised new battery. Hopefully just a blip. Thanks for help!

Do you have to plug your bike in now for every start, or has this resolved the problem permanently? Which firmware version do you have? Just asking because I am considering buying a BT-E8016. I would not be happy if I could not restart my bike after a short break (there are no wall outlets in the forest, haha)

jskamelia

Oct 19, 2023
Evanston
Norrit, earlier I saw a post you had about repairing a Shimano BT series battery, so I thought I'd reach out. I have two such otherwise good batteries but with worn out connectors in the front where the battery plugs into the mount. Did you ever find a source for a replacement part?

Screenshot (92).png Screenshot (91).png

norrit

Aug 11, 2020
Austria
Unfortunately I couldn't find a replacement part.
If you find a source, please let us know.
In my case, only the contacts were bent downwards. I was able to bend them back and it has worked without any problems since then.
I now only change the battery very gently.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles