Other Specilized Tero with 710wh battery

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Never heard of this before. New hardtail:

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Saved screendump incase Specialized changes their mind.
Tried it yet @Rob Rides EMTB ?
5BB64184-AB97-4EEB-B26A-24C4EE9ED987.png

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
It comes with a bell. This is the e-bike equivalent of a "crossover SUV": built primarily to feel good for the road, styled to suggest some off-road capability... but is really intended for only a little dirt-roading at-best.

Not a knock, I would think this will sell well. I only hope that buyers' expectations will match the design goal.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The new bikes have some features which will make certain people happy : (The Turbo Vado and Turbo Como have moved to second generation and are part of this new three bike line up)

the next-gen Turbo bikes come with Gates carbon belt drives, which are quite popular with e-bike makers these days because they are cleaner and easier to maintain than traditional metal chain transmissions. The 11-gear shifter is powered by an Enviolo automatic shifter, which is fully enclosed, electronically powered, and never needs maintenance. The advantage of the automatic shifter is that the bike is supposed to always feel like it’s in the perfect gear.

And :

Specialized’s Turbo e-bikes all come with anti-theft technology, in which customers can use the app to disable the bike’s motor and activate a motion alarm system. Once locked, the motor cannot be activated by anyone else but the owner.

If you're on the road - or maybe slow on the trails :

Perhaps one of the coolest new features is the inclusion of a rear-facing Garmin radar to detect vehicles as they approach from behind as you ride. Garmin says its radar can detect objects from up to 140 meters away, which should provide a comfortable buffer for anyone experiencing (justifiable) anxiety about riding alongside car traffic. Cars appear as yellow dots moving vertically along the left-hand side of the display, so all it takes is a quick glance to determine who’s coming up from behind. Riders can also opt for a haptic alert for approaching vehicles if they want to be extra cautious.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
With experience from locking escooters with the phone I am not sure I dare locke my wike while away with it, unless I could unlock it from the bike with pincode (which the german page suggests).
"and never needs maintenance" = means we can't maintain it. Ie when its done you throw the bike or gearbox away and buy a new.

JSQ

Jan 28, 2020
Finland
Tero and Vado share the same frame. Head angle on Tero is 66,4 and seat angle 73,4. That's what you get when you just put a longer fork on a frame that is designed for something else :rolleyes:

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Interesting that the 3.0 has a 50 Nm motor while the 5.0 has 90 Nm. They should sell well since they do "everything" for those who only want to have one bike for road and trail (do everything ok but nothing really well).

6950rpm

Sep 22, 2021
Isle of Wight
It comes with a bell. This is the e-bike equivalent of a "crossover SUV": built primarily to feel good for the road, styled to suggest some off-road capability... but is really intended for only a little dirt-roading at-best.

Not a knock, I would think this will sell well. I only hope that buyers' expectations will match the design goal.

Unfortunately, it's a legal requirement in the U.K. when a shop sells a bicycle that it has a bell fitted to it (amongst other things).
Luckily, it's not a legal requirement to keep it! :cool:

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
My Levo SL did not have a bell, I had to buy one (pedestrians and golf carts on the greenways).

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
[QUOTE
Unfortunately, it's a legal requirement in the U.K. when a shop sells a bicycle that it has a bell fitted to it (amongst other things).
Luckily, it's not a legal requirement to keep it! :cool:
The legal requirement is that bikes displayed for sale must have a bell fitted. Subtly different. And I've never heard of any shop getting into trouble for not doing so.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
It would be interesting to see the weights of the 2.0 and 2.0e motors and the 710wh and 530wh batteries for when/if these go in the Levo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles