specialized warranty

Lukelw

Jul 12, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Hi Guys,

So, my one-week old kenevo and it's already out of action :(

It started off as a snapped main pivot bolt most probably due to overtightening from factory.

Received my new bolt (under warranty) from the concept store in chelmsford big thanks to Matt for a speedy service and claim

went to fit it this morning and it looks like the lower half of the main triangle has bent when the bolt sheered. I managed to get it in but it was very tight and now its in the rear wheel does not sit true its way over to one side. We put in my friends wheel to check if it was the axle or the frame but its definitely the frame.

I can only think it was due to me not noticing the bolt had snapped until I got to the bottom of the downhill course.

Has anyone had any experience with specialized warranty? do you think they will supply a new rear triangle?

Cheers,

Luke

Lukelw

Jul 12, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Hi Guys,

So, my one-week old kenevo and it's already out of action :(

It started off as a snapped main pivot bolt most probably due to overtightening from factory.

Received my new bolt (under warranty) from the concept store in chelmsford big thanks to Matt for a speedy service and claim

went to fit it this morning and it looks like the lower half of the main triangle has bent when the bolt sheered. I managed to get it in but it was very tight and now its in the rear wheel does not sit true its way over to one side. We put in my friends wheel to check if it was the axle or the frame but its definitely the frame.

I can only think it was due to me not noticing the bolt had snapped until I got to the bottom of the downhill course.

Has anyone had any experience with specialized warranty? do you think they will supply a new rear triangle?

Cheers,

Luke
973E8A3A-2AD2-451E-ADE2-D560B9572CC4.jpeg

This was how it sat without the bolt in

FD7E3346-A50C-45E1-A14C-03D1A74AEA7C.jpeg

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
If they accepted the bolt under warranty they should do with the frame too.
but after just a week I would try to get a new one from the shop.
if they want to have the frame to look at it it won’t come back too fast, at least my experience

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’d be fighting for a new bike. I broke the same bolt on mine and while I didn’t bend the frame. It just hasn’t been the same since.
Still a sick bike though!

Lukelw

Jul 12, 2019
Buckinghamshire
I’d be fighting for a new bike. I broke the same bolt on mine and while I didn’t bend the frame. It just hasn’t been the same since.
Still a sick bike though!

Yeah trouble is I went for the last medium comp in the warehouse and ive Changed a few bits already

972F9F5B-2A6C-435A-8369-670849C7EA78.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
At least get them to replace the rear triangle. I’d imagine that would have copped a beating with that bolt broken

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles