Other Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0 or Specialized Turbo Levo Alloy?

Gpkalisz

Jun 27, 2022
Washington State
Hi Everyone, I'm looking to get into the emtb world, but as this is my first ebike, and they're very expensive, I have some questions I'm hoping more experienced users can answer.

For my first emtb, should I get a Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0 or Specialized Turbo Levo Alloy? The Tero is $5,000 and the Levo Alloy is $5,500 (US dollars), not much difference in price.

As far as intended use, I plan to do a mix of commuting and mountain biking. I'm not an experienced mountain biker, but since moving to the very mountainous Washington State, I've been wanting to get into it. I live in a rural area along a paved bike trail that extends dozens of miles in each direction, including to some singletrack trails. I've never had a full suspension bike, always hardtails, and I doubt I'll ever get into super gnarly stuff, but want to have a bike I can grow into as I get better at riding trails.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Tero 5.0 for its multipurpose nature, but I just can't make up my mind. Does anyone have any advice on choosing between the Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0 or Specialized Turbo Levo Alloy as a first emtb? Final note, I plan to keep this bike for as long as possible to justify the price, and this will likely be my only bike.

Thanks for the help!

BLuRRnAWAY

Jun 21, 2022
New Hampshire
100% Levo - you can LOCK the suspension, which makes it for easy road-riding. When you head off trail, flip the switches and you have a full suspension beast of a mountain bike! I commute on my Levo to work on the road its 10 miles each way.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Tero may have some advantages: lighter weight; geometry more suited to dual-purpose; rear rack mounts... The Tero 3.0 saves a lot of $$ without giving up much, we don't need a 42T sprocket for most trails. I like my full suspension (Levo SL) but it isn't really needed for many trails.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Looking at the spec on the site I would say its not suitable as a 'trail' bike, if your mostly roads or firetrack it'll be ok. If your definitely intent on riding some unsurfaced trails then go with the Levo, it can do all of these things, if the bug bites you'll soon be hankering fir more than the Tero.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Gpkalisz, this is a very good option as a first ebike, I have driven 15,000 km with one and "0" problems.
3.999 €

another option
Spectral:ON CF 7 150mm
5.199 €

Last edited:

Gpkalisz

Jun 27, 2022
Washington State
Thanks for all the great advice. It seems like you can't really go wrong with a Levo. After an hour test ride, I bought one yesterday! Loving it so far, and I answered a question I had issues finding answers to online, so I'll say it here: a Specialized Turbo Levo easily fits in the back of a 2019 Subaru Forester with the seats down. Rolling it in rear wheel first was surprisingly simple.
20220701_181307~2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles