Specialized turbo Levo FSR 2019, or Cube stereo hybrid 160 SL 500?

Reuben

Apr 7, 2019
TN40 1RL
Thanks, I'd be lost without the advice I've had here! Im sure once I get going with my new bike this forum is going to become invaluable

(Btw - i did order the Levo about an hour before I posted this but was having last minute doubts, I've never spent this much money on anything before haha.. now I've just got to call up the shop first thing and ask of i can come collect it instead of delivery).

Next job is sorting out insurance and a decent lock. Dont think my current £25 D-lock is up to the task any longer...

Reuben

Apr 7, 2019
TN40 1RL
So the shop I ordered from have contacted me to say the Levo I ordered is actually out of stock totally in small frame, best they can do is the comp for £1000 more and not till June.

They do however have the cube 160 in stock in my size, is it really that bad? The main issue I've heard with it is clearance on really rocky/rooty sections?

This is my first bike, im totally lost here. I don't know where to start trying to find the right bike, I've read so many reviews on bikes and components i feel like im losing the plot! A few dayd ago I hired a lappierre overvolt am 400i which I'm sure is also on the 'sumo' end of the scale but I loved it, though i have nothing to compare it to.

Best bike out there for an all rounder beginner? I dont know what type of riding I'll want to do long term, i want something i dont need to mess about upgrading and changing stuff straight away because quite honestly i dont know enough to have the confidence to do it all.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I went for the Cube. Test rode one, and I liked it. better componentes, brakes, good dropper post...

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
Thanks, I'd be lost without the advice I've had here! Im sure once I get going with my new bike this forum is going to become invaluable

(Btw - i did order the Levo about an hour before I posted this but was having last minute doubts, I've never spent this much money on anything before haha.. now I've just got to call up the shop first thing and ask of i can come collect it instead of delivery).

Next job is sorting out insurance and a decent lock. Dont think my current £25 D-lock is up to the task any longer...

Try Pedal Cover - they’re brilliant.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles