Specialized Turbo Levo Battery refurbish

Crni33

Nov 26, 2021
Croatia
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone of you have tried refurbishing the worn Turbo Levo Gen1 battery, by cracking it and replacing the cells inside with the NEW branded ones.

I am not talking about putting cheap Chinese cells, but only branded ones and not doing it by myself, but giving it to someone who does that on other electrical appliances.

I know folks doing this for other electrical devices and I expect to save at least 50% on the cost of the new battery.

Any experiences or thoughts on that?

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
I can't understand why no company is building these using a 3d printed case and Panasonic tesla cells. There's surely an opportunity to even increase the output too. £1200 for a battery is taking the pi$$.

Crni33

Nov 26, 2021
Croatia
I can't understand why no company is building these using a 3d printed case and Panasonic tesla cells. There's surely an opportunity to even increase the output too. £1200 for a battery is taking the pi$$.
Could me the matter of MBS. All ebike and other ewheels producers will want to protect for sure their margin on the batteries. Same like original and replacement printer cartage I guess.

ped

Aug 7, 2018
germany
I just received back my Levo battery gen1 SBC-B08 504Wh.
Due to several defective cells, i had 3 red LED flashing and a very early cut off.
was able to change all cells without killing the bord. They charged 398.-€ incl. shipping in germany.
Full function, no error, all Blevo settings remained. (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles