Levo Gen 2 Specialized Turbo Levo and Kenevo Weight

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I did check the weight of my 2018 Levo Comp Carbon in large yesterday and it landed at 21.9 kg. That is with light 29" carbon rims/2.4 light tires running tubeless but also a heavier coil shock and a heavier cockpit(stem/bar). I don't really care about weight as i'm 115 kg fully kitted but got curious :)

Karsten

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Evening chaps. New here, newbie post to follow tomorrow.

Weighed the battery from a 2019 levo carbon expert, the 709wh, this weighed 3.7kg just the battery alone

Here you go
2019 Levo Comp carbon 500Wh is 3.135kgs

So not a huge difference to the larger capacity battery on the Expert and SWorks really.

To put it into perspective the difference is just a small 500ml water bottle ?

7F24F1FC-1727-40E6-9397-DCAFC06B9656.jpeg

8B8D99C3-8C22-4EBD-954F-72FE8311CFF8.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Interesting - the 500wh battery is still a fair bit heavier than the Shimano equivalent, they really most have worked some magic with the frame to get the weight to where it is.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Interesting - the 500wh battery is still a fair bit heavier than the Shimano equivalent, they really most have worked some magic with the frame to get the weight to where it is.
What is the weight of the Shimano battery? I mean the actual weight via scales and not what the manufacturer states

Sunny

Nov 17, 2018
Cannock Chase
Down to 20.7kg in XL with pedals. :cool:

View attachment 7063
So in terms of riding, the 2Kgs you have removed how does this feel when riding? I expect a little more plush if you have new forks but we are still along way away from analogue weights. I wonder if any one has done back to back demos through the Levo range, at 1K Price increments I'm tempted to start at the bottom and leave it standard, take the enjoyment of the uphills and the thought that i can repeat sections without the uphill pain and leave it at that. I have a demo lined up next week on a Levo so will get to see for myself. Can't wait to be honest,

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Massive difference. Especially manualling and wheelie etc. Most of the weight came from wheels tyres and tubeless. So in the right place too.

Johno

Nov 1, 2018
Bristol
Hi FYI regarding weights I bought The Turbo Levo comp 2019
I changed the wheels to halo vortex with air liners the forks to lyrics the rear shock to a rt3 in running a mary on the front minion Dhf on the back a 700watt battery burgtec pedals stem bars and saddle it’s weighing in at 24 kg now feels more like a knevo below me I wasn’t thinking about weight when I chose the spec so my bad
The demo bike I rode was a Ali frame with 500 battery and carbon wheels
Could easily pop the front up on that
I put some 27.5 carbon wheels on her today without the air liners
Saving 1.4 kg if I got the smaller battery I could get a 2kg saving
But happy on the 29 for now
She plies through anything
She’s my tank

Levon

Feb 16, 2019
N CALIFORNIA
2019 Expert Large 46.01 IMG_6318.jpg # no pedals.... tubeless....bottle cage attached....Magura MT7 brakes....carbon cranks....tyres @ 25.5# ; )

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
hmmm... my brand new Kenevo Expert weighed in at 23.5 kilo when i bought it... must have "cheated me out" of 1 kg!
and Apropo.."heaviest bike ever".. its only half a kilo more than my fully riged out downhill bike!.. and it takes me back up the mountain! so i aint complainin! :)

Suzuki811

Mar 19, 2019
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Hi I hope someone can help me. I have a Levo expert and have recently downloaded the Blevo app - Fantastic. I use an old iPhone 5s which is solely for the app. Everything worked great but I found that the battery only lasted 2hours. I looked on line to find out how to extend the battery life and ended up turning most things off. My problem now is that the app does not show speed, distance and time anymore. Does anyone know what I've turned off that will cause this to happen?

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
hmmm... my brand new Kenevo Expert weighed in at 23.5 kilo when i bought it... must have "cheated me out" of 1 kg!
and Apropo.."heaviest bike ever".. its only half a kilo more than my fully riged out downhill bike!.. and it takes me back up the mountain! so i aint complainin! :)
Probably " location services".. it's what gives you GPS...
So without it.. no speed or positions..
It's also what usesvup the battery on the iPhone... So makes sense..
Tim

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Hi I hope someone can help me. I have a Levo expert and have recently downloaded the Blevo app - Fantastic. I use an old iPhone 5s which is solely for the app. Everything worked great but I found that the battery only lasted 2hours. I looked on line to find out how to extend the battery life and ended up turning most things off. My problem now is that the app does not show speed, distance and time anymore. Does anyone know what I've turned off that will cause this to happen?

I don't have blevo, but using GPS with an old mobile phone (depending on the status of the battery) it sounds very possible you won't get out more than 2 hours. Try it with your new mobile phone and same settings and you have a good comparison.

Also i would recommend to post your question in one of the many blevo threads cause this one here is about the weight of the Levo & Kenevo ^^ You probably will get more useful answers then :)

Moochier

Apr 17, 2019
New Zealand
I’m down to 21.82kg in a medium 2019 base Levo, after swapping everything out for better kit other than wheels, frame, motor and battery. Some gear was lighter but some was heavier... I have a spreadsheet! Goal weight is 20.4kg after a few more changes which wheels will reap the most savings. It does have lots of cool kit now at a fraction of the s works price... just not a carbon frame. :(
0ED3BC76-0287-492C-A991-E38221C2788B.jpeg

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
I’m down to 21.82kg in a medium 2019 base Levo, after swapping everything out for better kit other than wheels, frame, motor and battery. Some gear was lighter but some was heavier... I have a spreadsheet! Goal weight is 20.4kg after a few more changes which wheels will reap the most savings. It does have lots of cool kit now at a fraction of the s works price... just not a carbon frame. :( View attachment 13024
Would love to see the spreadsheet!
Thanks
Tim

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I’m down to 21.82kg in a medium 2019 base Levo, after swapping everything out for better kit other than wheels, frame, motor and battery. Some gear was lighter but some was heavier... I have a spreadsheet! Goal weight is 20.4kg after a few more changes which wheels will reap the most savings. It does have lots of cool kit now at a fraction of the s works price... just not a carbon frame. :( View attachment 13024
Would love to see the spreadsheet!
Thanks
Tim
If there's enough interest I'll figure out how to make mine available...
Screenshot_20190415-081933_Sheets~2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles