Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Posting it here so I can find it when I need to refer to it:

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 13.11.30.png

picrots

Jul 6, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
I also wondering how much this bikes weight without battery and motor.

In my rough calculation if battery and motor weight around 7 Kg, Levo carbon should weight around 15 Kg as normal bike.
Isn't that too much? where are those extra 3 Kg come from compare to a normal stumpy? :unsure:

Evo-L

Jul 13, 2018
FL, USA
I also wondering how much this bikes weight without battery and motor.

In my rough calculation if battery and motor weight around 7 Kg, Levo carbon should weight around 15 Kg as normal bike.
Isn't that too much? where are those extra 3 Kg come from compare to a normal stumpy? :unsure:
Maybe larger frame, motor mounts, bigger tires and wheels, bigger brakes. Probably 3k, maybe more

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Maybe larger frame, motor mounts, bigger tires and wheels, bigger brakes. Probably 3k, maybe more
This, everything is beefed up on an E-Bike, both to take the weight of the motor and battery, and also to cope with the extra weight and resulting abuse the bike dolls out to components. Just look at the weights of most of the tyres specced on E-bikes

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
the max system weight would be interesting. i heard the levo comp has 136kg. but above the levo expert, sworks only 125kg. can anyone confirm? kenevo? thanks
edit: thanks to @eFat. i ve updated the weights above ✌?

Last edited:

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
I think, if you've chosen a Kenevo, you've thrown any and all ideas of lightness out of the window.
No matter what you do to it, you are still riding the heaviest mountain bike you have ever, or will ever ride :)

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I think, if you've chosen a Kenevo, you've thrown any and all ideas of lightness out of the window.
No matter what you do to it, you are still riding the heaviest mountain bike you have ever, or will ever ride :)

heavy bikes for heavy guys, that's perfect (y)
I prefer sturdiness and durability over lightweight stuff that i'm gonna break in no time.
Btw. there are heavier e-mtbs out there ;)

Last edited:

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
heavy bikes for heavy guys, that's perfect (y)
I prefer sturdiness and durability over lightweight stuff that i'm gonna break in no time.
Btw. there are heavier e-mtbs out there ;)
Haha, yes I'm sure there are, but by the time you buy another one, they will be lighter :) Hence heaviest bike 'you'll' ever own :)

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California

This is a true statement but does not have to be. I took off the 2 pound WU post and the heavy fork went tubeless went lighter weight Fox parts and got down to 52 pounds. If I went carbon rims and new bar and DM she should come in 49/50 pounds

But like you said I bought a DH kenevo and don’t care about weight as long as I can pick it up I’m good.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
my kenevo expert 2018 size small, with seatpost rockshox reverb stealth 100 mm, rear wheel DT H 1700 30 mm., combo stem and handlebar renthal aluminium, front tire magic mary 2.6 apex orange, rear maxxis aggressor 2.5 dd wt, abs roc antiflat on every wheels, set disc brake formula c4, avs handguards, saint spd pedals, 24.540 gr.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
I just weighed my 2019 at the LBS -

47lbs

2019 Levo 29 FSR Base

Swapped a bunch of things - the only thing stock is the motor, frame and wheel set. Everything else was changed out. I honestly thought it would be heavier by adding the monster of a post RockShox Reverb, but I guess some other things I swapped out made up for it.

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Does anyone know what the weight of the battery is? And can you still ride with it removed?
I live in Washington State in the US and currently the laws prohibit riding an ebike on unimproved natural surface trails. I'm exploring the possibility of just removing the battery when i ride in those areas until emtb's become more accepted in my area. Thoughts?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Does anyone know what the weight of the battery is? And can you still ride with it removed?
I live in Washington State in the US and currently the laws prohibit riding an ebike on unimproved natural surface trails. I'm exploring the possibility of just removing the battery when i ride in those areas until emtb's become more accepted in my area. Thoughts?

Yes, you definitely can use the bike without the battery. The 504MW battery in the 2018 weighs about 3KG.

On a side note: what a stupid law in Washington! Hopefully this changes soon. eBikes create no more damage to trails than non eBikes. Some argue they cause LESS damage.
Personally, I would still ride with the battery. I hate stupid rules.

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Yah it seem pretty stupid to me too. Unfortunately the law was just passed a few months ago so i don't think it will change any time soon. By default riding natural surface trails is illegal unless the local land managers (county's, city's, etc) post signs stating that ebikes are allowed. Its hard to imagine them spending the time and money doing that but there is always hope. Planning on testing the waters without a battery and see what the response is. If I don't get mobbed by angry MTB'ers for being on an ebike ill try to pop the battery in and see how it goes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles