Specialized Turbo Levo 2020 XTR/XX1 Build FINISHED...?

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Another year another build.....:unsure: Went for the base model.
For now, upgrades will be on the brakes, derailleur+shifter, wheelsets, rotors, cassette, chainring.
Some "bling" arrived before the bike:

Shimano XTR M9100 Rear Derailleur
IMG_2964.jpg

Race Face 38T
IMG_2974.jpg

XTR Derailer.jpg

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Your last years project turned out to be one of most beautiful bikes I have seen. I am looking forward to this years project. Maybe I am too curious but what have you done with your 2019 Levo?

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Your last years project turned out to be one of most beautiful bikes I have seen. I am looking forward to this years project. Maybe I am too curious but what have you done with your 2019 Levo?
Thanks.
Well got a buyer who wanted it and it was sold quit fast, just break even.
I have a really good discount on Specialized bikes, so maybe I will "flip" this one before I even start the build.
Was thinking of getting the S-works frameset and build that, with more "budget" oriented fork and dropper post and the components that I already have for the base model.
We will see how the interest is during the winter on the market for 2020 models.
2019 models sold nicely this year.
To be continued....;)

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
How or where did you sell it ?
Europe.
Usually, after finishing the build the bike is for sale as new or little later as used, with smale commision of course.
Winter time is always good time to build something, that is not factory spec. ;)

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I really don't understand why put an XTR derailleur on an e-bike :unsure:
But I'm very interested to see how this build turns out.

Well, why not, if the price difference to XT was only 60 EUR (on Sale), 155 EUR vs 95 EUR, pocket change compared to the price of the bike.;)

bryan

Jun 26, 2019
Australia
Why it doesn't come from the factory with a 12 speed is something I don't understand. Was hoping this would have happened with the 2020's...

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Why it doesn't come from the factory with a 12 speed is something I don't understand. Was hoping this would have happened with the 2020's...
Yes you are totally right, but it has to be Sram for one reason?....(n)
I would be perfectly OK with SLX 12 speed or even 11 and leave it like it is, but no... :sick:

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Love the look of those tyres, how do they ride?..
Beats me, will see next year, they do like and feel nice stationary. ;)
Will see if I dont sell this and get Comp model, before I even start the build. Bike Looks great but don't like rear shock, no Lock-Out, to get 30% sag I had to put in 240PSI ( 79kg rider) and fork is also little "eeffy".
Wee will see, will have to wait with the build for a while.:unsure:

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
IMG_3182.jpg

If anyone will be interested in Wheelset-Tires-Rotors-Cassette combo or Sram brakes, let me know. ;)
Free worldwide shipping.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I think Ill go with this.... :unsure:
IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

Vittoria with brown sidewalls, looks sick with this army green and would also be able to drop the weight below 20 kg.

Last edited:

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
didn’t knew that :)
you have the mechanical xtr, why not the di2?
I have used and installed numeros Di2 on my and friends road bikes for 10 Years now all generations and frankly, got little tired of the installations, don't need that headache on Levo. ;)
Will wait for the next generation Shimano Wireless, if I ever .:coffee:

Chaindog

Nov 20, 2018
Germany
Meh, why take away the awesome matte paint job look by wrapping it in shiny foil? Now it looks like one of those american couches that gets wrapped in plastic to keep it clean.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Meh, why take away the awesome matte paint job look by wrapping it in shiny foil? Now it looks like one of those american couches that gets wrapped in plastic to keep it clean.
Well, this matt paint job from Specialized is faaaaaar from awesome, it is more on borderline ridiculous, especially green part.
Microfiber cloth literally sticks on the surface, on some green parts. Dirt and other contaminants will stick like glue on some parts and get permanently embedded in the top layer of the mat clearcote, which is virtually nonexistent. In some parts, it feels like abrasive paper. Don't like this kind a mat finishes, that is why I choose glossy foil. My road bike, whitch was custom painted with silk mat finish, is 1000% better than this.
I wouldn't chose this mat Levo, especially in the "quasnably" green color, if I had any other options, so will have to make do.
In person, bike now looks like it has normal glossy paint job, if you don't look really closely. :LOL:This pail(ugly) green color give that impression under indoor lights, that is true.
Just wait to see the finish build with all the upgrades, expensive bling "american sofa".:p

Last edited:

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
But the most damage will be done to the extruding parts on the frame, which currently has no foil by judging by the pictures? My matte black paint is really bad, I can make marks in it with my bare hands. But its the same with my matte Trek XC bike.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
But the most damage will be done to the extruding parts on the frame, which currently has no foil by judging by the pictures? My matte black paint is really bad, I can make marks in it with my bare hands. But its the same with my matte Trek XC bike.
Yes, this goes for other brands to and all Specialized matt painted bikes.
Just sold my friends black 2018/19 S-Works Tarmac, which has only around 6.000km and guess what. White logos on the paint were so dirty from the road grime, that couldn't be cleaned with anything. And overall state of the paint was like the bike had 20.000km. Road contaminants vertically embedded in the top layer matte clear coat
As you already mention, you can make a scratch, just looking at the paint job. :ROFLMAO:
Really delicate even working on the bike and always thinking, when you gonna by accident scratch something with a tool.
I was already thinking, striping down the bike and getting frame clear coated, maybe with more durable thick silky matt finish, but than the warranty goes down the toilet and it is to much of a hassle.
So for now, this solution is just fine as my main concern is road grime and small stone chips as I will not ride this in the woods any time soon.:cautious:

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles