Specialized offering rebates

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
I noticed on the USA website specialized has some models that are marked down and rebates.

S works has a $1500 rebate and expert $413 on top of already marked down prices!

What does this mean?

New levo coming soon?
SL sales are killing normal levo sales
Or just a coronavirus sale to move some bikes in a time of crisis?

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
Yes my LBS mentioned this about 3 weeks ago well before it was on the website when I was deciding which bike to order. I decided to go with the comp so couldn’t take advantage of it. But as mentioned above I think they’re trying to beat the covid sales curve with the models that aren’t selling as well. Clearly The comp is the hot seller Since there is no rebate on it.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I can’t even get past 12% for the SL that I’m after . Might have to wait a couple more weeks to see if i can get better deals .

I got 15% off 7 days after launch without even trying! I just asked, and they gave me it.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
according to my nearest dealer there is only 37 of the carbon comp large in the whole of the UK . and stock will soon go and there will be drip fed stock for uk .and when that happens there will be no discount at all . i think he was telling porkies really as speaking over the phone for over 45 mins .

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Specialized USA are going crazy on discounts. ‘19 comp for 4K, 19 s works for 7700, expert 5300.

USA must have a ton of inventory. ??‍♂️

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
Evans cycles in Aberdeen

and when I went in spoke to the spotty yoof who told me all the mangers were in a meeting and proceeded to quote me list price me the list price, asked if a manger could call me after a week of nothing I called asking to speak to manager about doing a deal he also quoted list. EBC offered 10% Evans Aberdeen offered feck all discount.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
and when I went in spoke to the spotty yoof who told me all the mangers were in a meeting and proceeded to quote me list price me the list price, asked if a manger could call me after a week of nothing I called asking to speak to manager about doing a deal he also quoted list. EBC offered 10% Evans Aberdeen offered feck all discount.

I’ve always found the guys at Evans really helpful, and there’s a couple of good mechanics there too.

I originally bought the Trek Rail 9.9 - and someone pointed me to Rutland Cycles doing 15% off. They didn’t sell Trek online, so I went to my local dealer (Alpine Bikes) and asked if they’d match. They said the best they could do was 5%.
I went to Evans who also deal in Trek - and they were happy to match. I’d rather have bought from a smaller local company... but on a £9500 bike, an extra 10% was nearly a grand!

When I used their ‘30 day satisfaction guarantee’ to swap to the Levo SL, I asked if they’d still do the 15%, and they agreed without a second thought.

I actually found this yesterday when tidying the garage...
5E845092-7526-47F1-A9A9-2AF2986DAEBA.jpeg

mazukea

Feb 1, 2020
Hawaii
Damn. I just picked up a new 2019 Expert 3 weeks ago for $6500. I wonder if I can ask for that same discount now. :cry:

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
Specialized USA are going crazy on discounts. ‘19 comp for 4K, 19 s works for 7700, expert 5300.

USA must have a ton of inventory. ??‍♂️
Actually hard to find older models. I ordered mine more than a month ago and none of the 2019s were in stock online in my size so you’d have to be lucky to find one in stock for your size and color.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles