Specialized Mission Control App v2.x Now Available

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Specialized have released a new version of Mission Control to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. This new v2.x version didn't appear as an update to the v1.x version in the Play Store. It was a completely seperate install. On Android I would recommend uninstalling your existing app and reinstall the new version otherwise you won't be able to tell which app is which. Both versions have the same icon and the same name it's not until you open the app you can tell the difference. The UI has been completely overhauled. At first glance, for the current Levo/Kenevo battery/motor hardware, all the settings are there just presented differently. The profile settings that on the old version just gave a server error now work as expected on the new version. The Maps also seem to have been improved.

Screenshot_20180916-110934.png

Last edited:

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
What a joke, wheel circumference can now not be adjusted anymore and suddenly my battery is on firmware 2.16.3

Yesterday old app said my firmware was 2.22.3(yes, I need to update)

05670CF3-AB7A-419D-ABE8-25D164754F5D.png

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Well yes, the wheel size can not be changed, and the factory default settings are at different levels. My battery health has gone from 95% to 100%. Battery firmware has changed from 10.23 to A17.1,and motor firmware is the same. All my ride data as in "my rides" is gone.

Went back to the old app and nothing has changed, still 95% battery health ect ect.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Well yes, the wheel size can not be changed, and the factory default settings are at different levels. My battery health has gone from 95% to 100%. Battery firmware has changed from 10.23 to A17.1,and motor firmware is the same. All my ride data as in "my rides" is gone.

Went back to the old app and nothing has changed, still 95% battery health ect ect.

Well, I had to delete old app before the new app would connect to the bike. I’m also missing the ride history, not that it matters as it was amateurish anyway.

Blevo just got a new customer from Denmark ?

Karsten

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester
Does the app only contain data for Levo? I've got a new Kenevo but it's picking it up as a Levo on the system? As you guys know there are differences between the bikes such as suspension and tyre size but does it really make or difference?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Well, I had to delete old app before the new app would connect to the bike. I’m also missing the ride history, not that it matters as it was amateurish anyway.

Blevo just got a new customer from Denmark ?

Karsten
I have had no problems, just now I have another useless mission control app.

Once you record a ride you can not delete that ride,
Also smart control is the same however when you change the values the assistance value does not change till you hit start.

The charts to look back at your ride has gone and it just has a scrollable list of values.

The report function has also gone so you cant send that email.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Does the app only contain data for Levo? I've got a new Kenevo but it's picking it up as a Levo on the system? As you guys know there are differences between the bikes such as suspension and tyre size but does it really make or difference?

Setting tire size does matter, my speed cutout was around 21 kph before I inputted the right circumference in the app.

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I will work mine out unless you happen to know the circumference of a 29.5" wheel with butcher tyres on ?

I cannot remember the number and old app is gone now unfortunately. However it’s easy to do, find something flexible, I used a measuring band directly, wrap it around your wheel - Make a mark and measure it afterwards. Be careful that you measure on the outside of the knobs and not between. Another method is to find a hard floor, mark your tire and the floor, roll 1 full revolution and mark floor again. Then measure between the 2 marks on the floor. The last method is easy but not the most accurate and you can easily indulge a 10 mm error.

Regarding the Levo showing up in the software and not the Kenevo is due to the lousy programmers at Specialized, from a code writing standpoint this is some of the most amateurish work I have seen in a long time...... it must have been the same department that came up with the 2019 display, they should be fired all of them - Totally useless.

Karsten

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester
I cannot remember the number and old app is gone now unfortunately. However it’s easy to do, find something flexible, I used a measuring band directly, wrap it around your wheel - Make a mark and measure it afterwards. Be careful that you measure on the outside of the knobs and not between. Another method is to find a hard floor, mark your tire and the floor, roll 1 full revolution and mark floor again. Then measure between the 2 marks on the floor. The last method is easy but not the most accurate and you can easily indulge a 10 mm error.

Regarding the Levo showing up in the software and not the Kenevo is due to the lousy programmers at Specialized, from a code writing standpoint this is some of the most amateurish work I have seen in a long time...... it must have been the same department that came up with the 2019 display, they should be fired all of them - Totally useless.

Karsten
Thanks Karsten I'll get measuring. Let's hope they do get fired and soon so we can get a better functioning app, with tyre circumference calculator.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Just reading the known issues list on the andriod store page puts me off installing it how can they release the app with that many known issues

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Just reading the known issues list on the andriod store page puts me off installing it how can they release the app with that many known issues

Apart from the dilettantish design of the app(looks like a 8 year old child doing his first Comal80 programming) it is very clear that this is Beta software in an early state of programming - So embarrassing to let this out in public!

They should sack the entire software department..........

Karsten

LeonLevo

Jul 31, 2018
Belgium
I cannot logon as I cannot input a hyphen ‘-‘ as I have in my email address. Any one else has the same problem? I’m on an iPhone 6s with ios 11.4.1

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I have iPhone for mission control and Android for BLevo, just tested this new mission control in Android.
Holy s**t what crap! ?It is a joke, right?

Compared to old IOS-version this new Android-version had to be a joke. Tasteless one.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
My wheel circumference was the first thing I noticed was way way off. 792 mm? I assumed blevo changed it but did not display the update when I derestricted the bike. Another thing is I can’t get temperatures in Fahrenheit. The same fields that didn’t save in the old still don’t work. Also noticed the firmware showing up as A.17.1 and don’t know what that is about.

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
one of my biggest problems with the old app was getting "my ride" to run properly. I would have to restart the app 5+ times (or it would crash) when starting out on a ride to get it to finally connect. sometimes I would just give up....anyhow, can anyone say if this is better with new version?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I suspect there is a new feature coming and they had to rush the app out to make the feature work

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I suspect there is a new feature coming and they had to rush the app out to make the feature work

If that is the case they should still sack the software division, I have just filed a claim to Apple to get my 2£ back that I paid for the maps for the former version of Mission Control ?

Karsten

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Can’t wait till tomorrow when they release the new Levo, and buyers will only be able to download the latest Mission Control. ???

Reactions: njn

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Likely the new Levo is not compatible with the old app.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
So appears in November the old app is going to cease working and we will have to use this ver 2 app.
Is it worth changing now or wait until Nov and see what happens?
I am still running a early level Mission Control where you could fine tune Race / ECO mode...

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
So appears in November the old app is going to cease working and we will have to use this ver 2 app.
Is it worth changing now or wait until Nov and see what happens?
I am still running a early level Mission Control where you could fine tune Race / ECO mode...
There is no Race mode. Eco, Trail and Turbo only. And I am wondering if we derestricted our bikes, will updating firmware and going to v2 mission control re-restrict it? If thats the case then no mission control for me. I even went to a 36T to gain some speed in the flat paved sections on my way to offload trail. Its still not a road bike and won't be as fast as one regardless, but will be fast enough for me to enjoy it everywhere not just off road, and that was the whole point of buying this bike. I already got rid of my Sirrus carbon expert disc hybrid/road bike. This is way better the way it is. Also I went climbing over the weekend and pretty powerful enough going up a steep hill thats as steep as I will be seeing locally so it fits in my riding environment perfectly. Basically I wanted one bike to do everything relatively well, and I think this is it. If I ever have to go back to a restricted bike I'll look around for one that's easily derestricted. Specialized ought to take that into consideration. Huge selling point of the levo was how customizable it was.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
There is no Race mode. Eco, Trail and Turbo only. And I am wondering if we derestricted our bikes, will updating firmware and going to v2 mission control re-restrict it? If thats the case then no mission control for me. I even went to a 36T to gain some speed in the flat paved sections on my way to offload trail. Its still not a road bike and won't be as fast as one regardless, but will be fast enough for me to enjoy it everywhere not just off road, and that was the whole point of buying this bike. I already got rid of my Sirrus carbon expert disc hybrid/road bike. This is way better the way it is. Also I went climbing over the weekend and pretty powerful enough going up a steep hill thats as steep as I will be seeing locally so it fits in my riding environment perfectly. Basically I wanted one bike to do everything relatively well, and I think this is it. If I ever have to go back to a restricted bike I'll look around for one that's easily derestricted. Specialized ought to take that into consideration. Huge selling point of the levo was how customizable it was.
There was a race feature in the old mission control app which altered the motor input on pull away from memory. I am running the pre 1.2 Mission Control app

zeeack

Sep 16, 2018
England
I used the new app last night on a ride and seemed just as good/bad as the old app if that’s any help! The maps seem to have been improved with more detail and you can still tune each mode Eco/trail/turbo. Looks to have lost the charge cycles remain part and just shows how many total charge cycles you have done. Would be nice to see a function as to where you can update the motor and battery over the app or is this just not possible? Also if we had a notification when new updates came out that would be helpful too! I’m sure I read somewhere this was a possibly going to happen maybe on the description on the App Store?

Superlukey

Aug 25, 2018
Hertfordshire
Also used it last night. Not hugely impressed. Connecting seemed a bit random and I somehow ended up with 3 extra rides with no data! Anyone know if you can delete them? I can't seem to find a way :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles