Specialized Mission Control App v2.x Now Available

zeeack

Sep 16, 2018
England
Also used it last night. Not hugely impressed. Connecting seemed a bit random and I somehow ended up with 3 extra rides with no data! Anyone know if you can delete them? I can't seem to find a way :(

Good point I just tried to delete my ride or at least find a way to do so and couldn’t! So annoying how they release a app without thinking things out before hand! The whole point of a ebike surely is the software to be as good as the hardware!! Seems to me they rushed the app out for the new Levo! Crazy to say how long this app has been available. It has to be a few years right?? (New to ebikes myself)

Superlukey

Aug 25, 2018
Hertfordshire
One of the blank rides it said I did was for 47 miles at 5, 375 miles per hour and took 0 mins. Nice! Can't even delete it. Not super impressed really...

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
One of the blank rides it said I did was for 47 miles at 5, 375 miles per hour and took 0 mins. Nice! Can't even delete it. Not super impressed really...
:D:);) Ha ha can’t help laughing. No QA at all went into this crappy software. Good thing the bikes are just awesome. Why don’t they visit forums run some surveys about what people want and also read some unvarnished honest opinions? That boast about Silicon Valley is a joke. Nothing Silicon Valley about the software and I am software engineer. Doesn’t look like they even tried to use their own software before releasing it.

But, specialized can build bikes. They are just great at it as evidenced by many including yours truly voting with their wallets. ill Probably upgrade my Levo in 2020.

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester
So with the blevo app are you effectively derestricting your bike? I want to do some racing and don't want to void any warranties just yet and wanted to know that if the app would cause problems.

Superlukey

Aug 25, 2018
Hertfordshire
Hi. ive only ever used mission control (which is what we are discussing here) but think blevo allows you to change a host of things. Re warranty, guess spesh would be unhappy if they found out using it.

Others on this forum much better qualified to talk on blevo than me if you have some questions on it.

Oh and regards the bikes. Have to say I love my Kenevo. Just need the app to perform the same :)

Hope that helps.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
So with the blevo app are you effectively derestricting your bike? I want to do some racing and don't want to void any warranties just yet and wanted to know that if the app would cause problems.
Well I did derestrict mine with the app and uprated the chainring to a 36T and got the speed I wanted out of it. Is warranty invalidated? I don't know. I hope not but if so, then I will just go buy something else next time. 3 carbon bikes from specialized and ;love them, this is only one I modified. I don't see what about derestricting would cause any mechanical issue to warrant invalidating warranty, but thats their company their decision. Great thing is we as customers have choices and we can just simply take our business elsewhere. Thats just my opinion anyway. Bike is "SuperNice" derestricted and with the 36T. My grin just gets bigger and bigger the more time I spend on it.

Kenevo cambo

Sep 7, 2018
Australia
Anyone tested shuttle mode yet? Is this a feature only available on the 2.1 motor or will or become available on earlier motors with firmware updates? (1.2, 1.2e & 1.3)

Hannes_3000

Sep 14, 2018
Stuttgart
I cannot logon as I cannot input a hyphen ‘-‘ as I have in my email address. Any one else has the same problem? I’m on an iPhone 6s with ios 11.4.1
Same problem here :(
Have you possibly been able to solve this in the meantime? If yes, please le me know the solution :)
Thx in advance

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Same problem here :(
Have you possibly been able to solve this in the meantime? If yes, please le me know the solution :)
Thx in advance

Sorry for the hassle here. We've tested and can confirm this is a bug, "-" does not currently work in the email/username field. We're aiming for a release within the next two weeks and will solve this issue for you.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
This is copied from new MC support page:

What Data Does Specialized Collect And Why?
Specialized collects technical data from your bike whilst connected to the app - this allows us to understand bike use, log bike status data and analyse error information. The data enables us to create better products in the future but also to support you better in case you have issues with your Turbo bike. Should you have any concern related to privacy, please visit www.specialized.com/privacy-policy.

To my best knowledge specialized is NOT allowed in any way to connect/retrieve any data unless I have given specific permission to do so. This is with regards to the new EU personal data protection law.

I read it as it is doing it automatically when parring MC 2.0 witch I’m sure is illegal in Europe!

Blevo users watch out!!

Karsten

Superlukey

Aug 25, 2018
Hertfordshire
Hi. Re updating firmware, I chatted to Specialized on this and was told that's a yes to the new Levo (has ability to do over air updates) but no to Kenevo and older Levo. That's still a dealer job.

zeeack

Sep 16, 2018
England
Hi. Re updating firmware, I chatted to Specialized on this and was told that's a yes to the new Levo (has ability to do over air updates) but no to Kenevo and older Levo. That's still a dealer job.

Thanks for the reply! That’s a shame looks like my wallet will take a beating over the next few years! Or a round trip to Wales from Nottingham to get it free but with petrol prices it would work out much cheaper to use my LBS! ?

Superlukey

Aug 25, 2018
Hertfordshire
Same for me. Bought online from a place a few hundred miles away. Oh well the bike is great and to be honest I have tweaked my setting and feels just about perfect now with excellent battery range so might just leave it be :)

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Shuttle mode is only available with new Levo 2019, accessible via Mission Control.

1537537203513.png

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Shuttle mode is only available with new Levo 2019, accessible via Mission Control.

View attachment 5406
This software barely works with 2018 model levo. Instead of having software for the new bikes with bunch of features that don't work with older models but not even a hint or direction about what won't work with what; May I suggest having different versions of the software and specifically noting on the screens itself what models it works with? As it is now the old version is not even accessible in the App Store and no obvious indication of what version software it is. (eg on splash screen). Its a simple matter of compiling and producing two different builds. As you port functionality to the older one you can update as necessary. I am not bashing you, I bought your expensive bike(s) after all. Take this as constructive suggestion. I think the forum could give you guys quite some useful feedback.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
This software barely works with 2018 model levo. Instead of having software for the new bikes with bunch of features that don't work with older models but not even a hint or direction about what won't work with what; May I suggest having different versions of the software and specifically noting on the screens itself what models it works with? As it is now the old version is not even accessible in the App Store and no obvious indication of what version software it is. (eg on splash screen). Its a simple matter of compiling and producing two different builds. As you port functionality to the older one you can update as necessary. I am not bashing you, I bought your expensive bike(s) after all. Take this as constructive suggestion. I think the forum could give you guys quite some useful feedback.

Are you aware that the MC version 2.0 is secretly collecting info from your bike and rider info - As seen on the support page:

Specialized collects technical data from your bike whilst connected to the app - this allows us to understand bike use, log bike status data and analyse error information. The data enables us to create better products in the future but also to support you better in case you have issues with your Turbo bike. Should you have any concern related to privacy, please visit www.specialized.com/privacy-policy.

Karsten

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Are you aware that the MC version 2.0 is secretly collecting info from your bike and rider info - As seen on the support page:

Karsten
No. And if so am not going to continue using it. Thats violation of privacy. I didn't see anything prominently asking me to agree to that either. Would be good to know exactly what in non-vague terms that they are collecting and if or not it is tagged with the actual owner of the bike. Since they are on here they ought to fix that. (n)

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
No. And if so am not going to continue using it. Thats violation of privacy. I didn't see anything prominently asking me to agree to that either. Would be good to know exactly what in non-vague terms that they are collecting and if or not it is tagged with the actual owner of the bike. Since they are on here they ought to fix that. (n)

I totally agree and I only realized it because I'm one of those seldom guys that read all the stuff with very small letters in a dark corner of a support page. The information is taken from the Specialized MC support page. For me its a clear violation of the EU privacy Act and the only reason I don't flag the App to Apple in the IOS App Store is because I don't use it.

Karsten

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
I totally agree and I only realized it because I'm one of those seldom guys that read all the stuff with very small letters in a dark corner of a support page. The information is taken from the Specialized MC support page. For me its a clear violation of the EU privacy Act and the only reason I don't flag the App to Apple in the IOS App Store is because I don't use it.

Karsten
I think they are reading and hopefully this get sorted soon. Lets hope the software can be made as good as the bike are.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles