Article Specialized Levo SL is a 16.9KG Super Light emtb

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
@Fojsum this is exactly why I go to my local bike shop (Blazing Saddles, Hebden Bridge, UK). Community minded folk and a part of a thriving Calder Valley cycling community along with people like Singletrack magazine.

@Fx1 this is also why screwing the bike shop out of every last ounce of discount etc doesn’t pay. I want mine to survive.
Nobody screws anyone out of anything. I got 15% minimum off every specialized without even trying. Some dealers want to move volume. The concept store charges full RRP.

Who do you think wins when specialized charge 17% more to the uk than europe.. it's not the independent dealer that's for sure.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The levo doesnt have the geo for me. Which is why you see so many people falling off them on YouTube.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Troy Brosnan's and Jared Graves' Specialized S-Works Stumpjumpers - EWS Round 4, La Thuile, Italy - Pinkbike
p6pb13709874.jpg

Troy (not an enduro rider at all) finished top 20
TBF though Graves didn't even need a bike to fall off that round
17secs in...

That's Graves taking out Cecile Ravanel

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
The levo doesnt have the geo for me. Which is why you see so many people falling off them on YouTube.

Troy Brosnan's and Jared Graves' Specialized S-Works Stumpjumpers - EWS Round 4, La Thuile, Italy - Pinkbike
p6pb13709874.jpg

Troy (not an enduro rider at all) finished top 20
TBF though Graves didn't even need a bike to fall off that round
17secs in...

That's Graves taking out Cecile Ravanel
You realise that 99% of people are not world class athletes right? Those guys could ride a tricycle down the red bull hard line.

Enduro geo is far more forgiving and confidence inspiring.

My s works enduro steamrolls everything

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Nobody screws anyone out of anything. I got 15% minimum off every specialized without even trying. Some dealers want to move volume. The concept store charges full RRP.

Who do you think wins when specialized charge 17% more to the uk than europe.. it's not the independent dealer that's for sure.

Nope, so what you‘re screwing is the independent’s cut. Have you ever talked to an independent bike shop owner and understood their economics?

Anyway, go and enjoy your YT, it’ll distract you from the SL threads. And don’t ever fall off, wouldn’t want to be one of those losers eh? ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
They both *chose* to ride the Stumpy over the Enduro

Confidence in your bike is pretty important for racing at world class level

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB

Nope, so what you‘re screwing is the independent’s cut. Have you ever talked to an independent bike shop owner and understood their economics?

Anyway, go and enjoy your YT, it’ll distract you from the SL threads. And don’t ever fall off, wouldn’t want to be one of those losers eh?
To be honest I couldn't care less about their economics. Do they care about your economics?

If you have a good local independant shop great. Most dont.

I didn't call anyone losers. You did.

I was referring to the trail orientated geo of the levo. Make a mistake and you are over the handle bars. Rob has a nice example in his video.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Christ if you cant ride a stump jumper or a Levo down a technical trial without worrying about falling off then maybe your doing the wrong pastime. I dont know how long you have been riding MTB but a stumpjumer is like riding a hover bike down trails compared to bikes of yesteryear.

Around my local Surrey Hills trials I would take a stump jumper over an enduro any day of the week, maybe not at BPW.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
I was referring to the trail orientated geo of the levo. Make a mistake and you are over the handle bars.

Rob has a nice example in his video.
TBF rob has many examples in many videos and on many differing frame geometries ;)
Lol well I'm not going to speak to soon. I've learned a few lessons the hard way.

I'm not saying the stumpy isn't capable. It is more bike than most will ever need. I just find the slacker head angle means you need to be less accurate with your line. The enduro isn't as lively as the stumpy but it will get me out of trouble that I get myself into.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
Christ if you cant ride a stump jumper or a Levo down a technical trial without worrying about falling off then maybe your doing the wrong pastime. I dont know how long you have been riding MTB but a stumpjumer is like riding a hover bike down trails compared to bikes of yesteryear.

Around my local Surrey Hills trials I would take a stump jumper over an enduro any day of the week, maybe not at BPW.
I dont worry about falling off until I'm 50% over the handle bars.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I just find the slacker head angle means you need to be less accurate with your line.
It doesn't
a slacker HA slows down the steering response, gives a (slightly) longer wheelbase and is more stable at higher speeds. That's assuming the same stem/bar set up, fork offset, wheel size and tyre choice.
Don't make the mistake of jumping on another bike you're unfamiliar with, throwing yourself over the bars and assuming it was the sole fault of the angle it's head tube sits at ;)

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
All this talk of geometry, head angles, chainstay length etc goes completely over my head o_O and I don't really know what type of mtb my Focus Jam2 is but I do know that it's great fun to ride and despite my lack of ability I haven't gone over the handlebars yet... :p

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
I just find the slacker head angle means you need to be less accurate with your line.
It doesn't
a slacker HA slows down the steering response, gives a (slightly) longer wheelbase and is more stable at higher speeds. That's assuming the same stem/bar set up, fork offset, wheel size and tyre choice.
Don't make the mistake of jumping on another bike you're unfamiliar with, throwing yourself over the bars and assuming it was the sole fault of the angle it's head tube sits at ;)
I find something to blame when it happens

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
15% is available from day 1.

Great info... when settling the bill, the guy worked out the price and said ‘that’s with your 10% discount’.
I said ‘it was 15%’.
He said ‘oh yeah’, and re-wrote out my invoice.

Not even a question! I guess they gave me 15% off the Rail, so it made sense to give me 15% off the Levo SL.

Don’t ask, you don’t get!

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
15% is available from day 1.

Great info... when settling the bill, the guy worked out the price and said ‘that’s with your 10% discount’.
I said ‘it was 15%’.
He said ‘oh yeah’, and re-wrote out my invoice.

Not even a question! I guess they gave me 15% off the Rail, so it made sense to give me 15% off the Levo SL.

Don’t ask, you don’t get!
Great stuff. Hope I was some help :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Most of the big independent retailers in the uk will offer a 15% discount on them

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Wow, great trail to ride with great scenery and some very sketchy skinny parts to navigate through (y) A long way down if you came off in the wrong place :eek: Also, you wouldn’t want to be scared of heights in some places by the look of it :eek:
Very good distance and over 1000 metres of climbing on a 320Wh battery? I could not tell in the video if it was a water bottle or an extender in your bottle cage.
What percentage of battery was left after the ride was finished?
What have you got Eco, Trail and Turbo set to?
How much do you weigh?
Becoming more and more interested in the SL after seeing your ride and the statistics from it (y)
I am 75kg 480wh left 100wh first half of trail 30/60 60/70 no turbo second half of trail 30% 30/100 60% 60/100 30% 100/100
me friend 70kg 390wh 54km 1500hm
81D3AB48-92E2-42F3-A971-6B661CCD6E50.png
9DD7DC60-5180-4239-97A4-C175B888B612.jpeg
36EAEA36-9487-4BD4-A4ED-B0957F56FB4D.png

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes
Most of the big independent retailers in the uk will offer a 15% discount on them

I'll have to try that at Leisure Lakes. But they seem very stubborn with their prices especially on ebikes.
I was sizing up a Whyte S-150S the other day and went to Leisure Lakes at Southport, UK to actually try one for size. It was a new 2018 model and the last one they have. They were £2850 in 2018. They want £2000. I asked for some more discount but they wouldn't budge. Probably why they've still got it :oops:

Last edited:

Peter Hill

Dec 31, 2018
Derbyshire
I'll have to try that at Leisure Lakes. But they seem very stubborn with their prices especially on ebikes.
I was sizing up a Whyte G150S the other day and went to Leisure Lakes at Southport, UK to actually try one for size. It was a new 2018 model and the last one they have. They were £2850 in 2018. They want £2000. I asked for some more discount but they wouldn't budge. Probably why they've still got it :oops:
Sometimes it’s better to negotiate extras such as batteries, pedals, etc I got loyalty points which added up to a around 6% so not too bad if you need to buy other stuff but not great either. If you can get 15% knocked off the price that would be great obviously ? I wonder what Berkshire Cycles offer?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Leisure Lakes in Cheltenham wouldn't budge an inch off RRP when I inquired about a Kenevo. They also charge for warranty work if you didn't buy the bike from them.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Leisure Lakes in Cheltenham wouldn't budge an inch off RRP when I inquired about a Kenevo. They also charge for warranty work if you didn't buy the bike from them.
Did they get your business LOL?

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
I'm pretty sure that's not allowed if you're a specialized dealer. But I wouldn't put it past them to try that on.

A local bike store has 2 Sworks Levos in Px and they cant shift them for £3000 barely used 2018 models.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I was sizing up a Whyte G150S the other day and went to Leisure Lakes at Southport, UK to actually try one for size. It was a new 2018 model and the last one they have. They were £2850 in 2018. They want £2000. I asked for some more discount but they wouldn't budge. Probably why they've still got it :oops:
Reminds of these KTM beauties I saw in France last year
DE6F03B5-6D37-43FA-B2C3-339838CE815F.jpeg

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes

That's one of the perks in buying a new Specialized bike, doesn't matter which dealer you buy it from, you can take it to any Specialized dealership for warranty work. If they try to charge you, they need reporting to Specialized.

Two mates each purchased a 2017 Levo Expert from Tredz in Swansea and have took their bikes to Leisure Lakes at Southport for warranty work on numerous occasions. One has had 2 new motors the other chap just one. But they've both had 2 new batteries!

These are two examples of why I won't buy a Levo. OK, they got new parts but it's the time taking them back to the shop (1hr each way) and the hassle. Life is too short!

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB

That's one of the perks in buying a new Specialized bike, doesn't matter which dealer you buy it from, you can take it to any Specialized dealership for warranty work. If they try to charge you, they need reporting to Specialized.

Two mates each purchased a 2017 Levo Expert from Tredz in Swansea and have took their bikes to Leisure Lakes at Southport for warranty work on numerous occasions. One has had 2 new motors the other chap just one. But they've both had 2 new batteries!

These are two examples of why I won't buy a Levo. OK, they got new parts but it's the time taking them back to the shop (1hr each way) and the hassle. Life is too short!
With reliability like this no wonder they are worth less than a written off dacia when second hand.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles