Spec Turbo Levo Expert 2020 vs. Orbea Wild FS M Team 2020

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon
First e-bike and need some help with a dilemma. I can source both of these bikes via two different local bike shops and dont mind the wait for the Orbea. Have tried the Levo and am trying the Orbea on Friday. I’m a good 105kg in pure muscle (AKA fat) and am keen on mainly cross country, single track and technical riding (don’t do bike parks or big downhill stuff). Has anyone had the opportunity to try both, any thoughts? Both battery ranges are fine and you can piggy back the Orbea to give it 1125wh if you want. As I’m on the heavier side will the increase in Brose torque help get me and the bike moving!! Spec on the Orbea seems better than the Levo and both bikes seem to garnish praise. Only downside to the Orbea is perhaps the spoke magnet. Like them both and like the look of them both...... nuts.....

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
That's a tough decision, I have a 2019 (same) Levo, and would thoroughly recommend it but that Orbea is quite lovely to my eyes. Having owned one previous e-bike and tried many others, reading the magazine reviews, I totally agree that the Levo is the best put together package, and that more important to me that the spec. I have the Levo comp, and not needed to change any of the spec, even after 6 months and 600miles, so ignore any spec queens who say the part are crap and need to upgraded. I'm also not in a rush to go back to motor with less power, as yes it does matter. The 700wH battery is more than enough for my riding, and does away with with range anxiety of a 500wH, but I do like the option with the Wild to use a piggyback battery, I'm not sure I'd ever use that much power (well not unless I spent the day in turbo).
You have a tough decision, but one that going to leave you with a brilliant bike no matter what your choice.

Last edited:

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon
That's a tough decision, I have a 2019 (same) Levo, and would thoroughly recommend it but that Orbea is quite lovely to my eyes. Having owned one previous e-bike and tried many others the magazine reviews, I totally agree that the Levo is the best put together package, and that more important to me that the spec. I have the Levo comp, and not needed to change any of the spec, even after 6 months and 600miles, so don't ignore any spec queens who say the part are crap and need to upgraded. I'm also not in a rush to go back to motor with less power, as yes it does matter. The 700wH battery is more than enough for my riding, and does away with with range anxiety of a 500wH, but I do like the option with the Wild to use a piggyback battery, I'm not sure I'd ever use that much power (well not unless I spent the day in turbo).
You have a tough decision, but one that going to leave you with a brilliant bike no matter what your choice.
That's a tough decision, I have a 2019 (same) Levo, and would thoroughly recommend it but that Orbea is quite lovely to my eyes. Having owned one previous e-bike and tried many others the magazine reviews, I totally agree that the Levo is the best put together package, and that more important to me that the spec. I have the Levo comp, and not needed to change any of the spec, even after 6 months and 600miles, so don't ignore any spec queens who say the part are crap and need to upgraded. I'm also not in a rush to go back to motor with less power, as yes it does matter. The 700wH battery is more than enough for my riding, and does away with with range anxiety of a 500wH, but I do like the option with the Wild to use a piggyback battery, I'm not sure I'd ever use that much power (well not unless I spent the day in turbo).
Thanks for the response. Have to say I got to take the Orbea for a short spin today and it was really good, both lovely bikes

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
First e-bike and need some help with a dilemma. I can source both of these bikes via two different local bike shops and dont mind the wait for the Orbea. Have tried the Levo and am trying the Orbea on Friday. I’m a good 105kg in pure muscle (AKA fat) and am keen on mainly cross country, single track and technical riding (don’t do bike parks or big downhill stuff). Has anyone had the opportunity to try both, any thoughts? Both battery ranges are fine and you can piggy back the Orbea to give it 1125wh if you want. As I’m on the heavier side will the increase in Brose torque help get me and the bike moving!! Spec on the Orbea seems better than the Levo and both bikes seem to garnish praise. Only downside to the Orbea is perhaps the spoke magnet. Like them both and like the look of them both...... nuts.....
Its a mind field ive been there looked at every bike there is n every spec and whats new 2020 and the diff from 2019 had a trek 2020 with gen4 motor just sold that and decided on a 2019 levo comp carbon was 6k now £4300

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
I cant decide on the Levo or Wild either. Im on my second motor in my Levo. The first Brose only lasted 450 miles. I love my Levo but I don't wanna replace the motor every 500 miles.

I wonder if the Bosch Gen 4 is gonna be more reliable.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
I cant decide on the Levo or Wild either. Im on my second motor in my Levo. The first Brose only lasted 450 miles. I love my Levo but I don't wanna replace the motor every 500 miles.

I wonder if the Bosch Gen 4 is gonna be more reliable.
Same as oat you get good and bad just sold my trek with gen4 motor 300 faultless miles and got a levo carbon ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles