Spare TEC pack bungies?

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Hi all,

Have now managed to snap both of the bungies supplied with the TEC pack through cold weather and over use.

Any suggestions for replacement as I find them super-useful for the whole spare tube / levers combo? Worst case I could use shock-cord cut to length but I'm guessing there will be better solutions out there.

T.I.A.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi all,

Have now managed to snap both of the bungies supplied with the TEC pack through cold weather and over use.

Any suggestions for replacement as I find them super-useful for the whole spare tube / levers combo? Worst case I could use shock-cord cut to length but I'm guessing there will be better solutions out there.

T.I.A.

You could cut the two plastic tabs on either side that you would clip the bungees on, then use some velcro straps.

Obviously that depends if you didn't mind cutting the bracket thing...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The typical British postman binds the letters he has to deliver into bundles (by street, village ... whatever) with red rubber bands of various sizes. Once he has used the rubber band, typically the band ends up on the floor. It does not take long to find some massive rubber bands that just don't appear to be for sale in the stationer's shops. Rich pickings are to be had outside the main post office in each town.

Or make some super large ones from old inner tubes. They don't have to be 29" diameter! You can cut a helical shape into the tube and make any size or width you like.

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Thanks both, trust me to look past the obvious! Bloody great rubber bands will do nicely. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles