Spare battery...

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Has anyone bought a spare battery for their bike?

I'm currently looking into it, there's a triangular bracket on the non connection end, plus some stick on pads, I presume these are Whyte specific parts and wondered if they were available anywhere?

I have emailed Whyte but no response as yet...

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Has anyone bought a spare battery for their bike?

I'm currently looking into it, there's a triangular bracket on the non connection end, plus some stick on pads, I presume these are Whyte specific parts and wondered if they were available anywhere?

I have emailed Whyte but no response as yet...
Yes it’s a Whyte part I got one from them for my spare battery

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Yes it’s a Whyte part I got one from them for my spare battery

Thanks, I was just about to reply to say someone from Whyte has replied to say they could supply the part 👍

Thinking about getting the cheaper 500wh battery, just need to put a bolt in the lower down tube hole when using it.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
My spare is a 500w as it’s cheaper and fits in a backpack a bit easier .

That's my reasoning as well, although the 625wh one still has to fit in for part of the ride... I guess it's unlikely but does the bike feel any different with the lighter battery in?

Where did you buy yours from? Lack of stock at the moment.

Last edited:

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Got mine from a firm called Electric garage, I can’t say notice anything difference in weight when riding. I have used mime mainly for bike park riding such as BPW I have used it for a massive Surrey Hills day 😀

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Got mine from a firm called Electric garage, I can’t say notice anything difference in weight when riding. I have used mime mainly for bike park riding such as BPW I have used it for a massive Surrey Hills day 😀

Thanks, that's cheaper than I'd found previously 👍

I presume the 500wh one fitted ok with the Whyte foam and plate screwed to the end?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles