SpaceX

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'd imagine SN15 will be analysed and possibly retired with some parts re-used - engines. That said they could run it again to fly some more sub-orbital tests. Possibly after SN16 as they'd need to add things/make changes.

12,13,14 were all removed from testing or dismantled if they'd been constructed already as they'd already jumped further ahead than expected with earlier testing.

I think the Orbital prototypes start at SN20.

Not sure what number is the switch from 4mm stainless to 3mm stainless for reduced vehicle weight and increased payload capacity.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
That Virgin Galactic event was boring AF. What a complete waste of time. Uninspiring and uninteresting.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
It certainly kicked ass on altitude gain once on the rocket motor .. I wish I'd gained height that fast today !

Felix Baumgartner may not have gotten to 250000 feet, but his accomplishment was 1000X what I wasted an hour watching today.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I don't know if we're being flippant .. but it did seem a bit pointless and not really very exciting. There was some interesting technology and Burt Rutan is undeniably creative .. but ... mehh .. it was a bit like watching someone else drink a beer in a not very well presented bar whilst someone told you it was a great beer, really .

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I don't know if we're being flippant .. but it did seem a bit pointless and not really very exciting. There was some interesting technology and Burt Rutan is undeniably creative .. but ... mehh .. it was a bit like watching someone else drink a beer in a not very well presented bar whilst someone told you it was a great beer, really .

I’m being serious. Completely underwhelming and overhyped.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles