SpaceX

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Some boring facts .. as e-bikers are all about weights are reach ... some of us are even interested in our bikes weight and reach.

What's on the pad is called "Starship" ..

9m wide and 50m tall. Empty weight of 120 tonnes - fuelled weight of 1320 tonnes !!!!!

Under full configuration, these will have 6 "raptor" engines. Presently these are test ones so aren't all running the full suite of engines.

Once these bad boys have been tested properly, they'll get stuck on top of what's called "Super heavy" - which is the first stage booster.

The super heavy is a bit of a beast. With the two combined they have a height of 122 Meters !

Super heavy is a bit of a dragster and packs 28 !!!!!!!! Raptor Engines.

The whole thing when fuelled will have a mass of about 5,000 tonnes !!!!!!!!

Orignally "Starship" was to be built in Carbon Fibre but due to demand from the mountain bike industry, they had to make it in Stainless Steel.

OK, really it was cost and ease of production. Will be interesting to see if we don't see some stainless MTB's down the line with some of the advances in different mixes of Stainless. Or maybe not ... Strength to mass is better than the Carbon options, but very few MTB's need to carry 5000 tonnes ...

rockets.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looks like SN10 should launch today ..... Could this be the one which lands - in one piece ...

Loading the fuel now ..... ETA Launch 20 minutes !!!!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yeah, sorry, I really should know better than to talk openly about removing my mudguards.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I dunno, that sounds pretty similar to some horrendous accommodation at the Elephant and Castle I stayed at many years ago when everywhere else was full.
You've missed the entire point of the video! Are you blind?

If y'all bought a bus ticket to Mars, but the planetary geologist ain't goin, I think I'll just stay behind...

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
If y'all bought a bus ticket to Mars, but the (very attractive) planetary geologist ain't goin, I think I'll just stay behind...
Well, as I contemplated the hypothetical task (and duty ?) of repopulating the planet earth after the doomsday clock hits midnight - assuming two ideal human specimens survive the zombie apocalypse... I’m afraid I may have come across some bad news - according to this video.

If the science behind it is true, then the news isn’t any different for any mission meant to establish a space colony.

I sure hope the self-elected saviours of mankind over at SpaceX have done some kind of reality check first... ;) :rolleyes:

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Great to see them stick the landing finally. I wonder if they'll attempt to refly SN15 or move on to SN16 which is all but complete.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles