South East Rides

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
@James_C

Had a couple of rides at Bluebell Hill. Indeed muddy as fuck. Found the trails and jumps that are hidden on trailforks, imagine it will be good fun when it's dryer.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Yes it’s a bit of a swamp, tried a couple of times and have sort of given up with it for winter. The gravel bridlepaths are ok but not too much fun. If you look from the walkers car park near the start of park lane, down the hill, there is a chalk quarry area with some what look like trails down there. I mean to explore that at some point

Nick790

Jan 1, 2021
Kent
OP I’m near you in Vigo. I know some bits from trail riding but in sure there much more locally. I’m hoping to ride tomorrow morning if anyone in my area is interested.
It would be good to join in with other groups throughout Kent, have a friend they ride Bluebell hill a lot, and I need to get over there.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
OP I’m near you in Vigo. I know some bits from trail riding but in sure there much more locally. I’m hoping to ride tomorrow morning if anyone in my area is interested.
It would be good to join in with other groups throughout Kent, have a friend they ride Bluebell hill a lot, and I need to get over there.

Hello mate, not far at all, can actually ride from trosley to blue bell hill but but if a treck there and back!?

Locally I ride farningham, eynesford, otford and Lullingstone....

Will defo get over blue bell hill more once weather improves and madness eases.

Nick790

Jan 1, 2021
Kent
Hello mate, not far at all, can actually ride from trosley to blue bell hill but but if a treck there and back!?

Locally I ride farningham, eynesford, otford and Lullingstone....

Will defo get over blue bell hill more once weather improves and madness eases.

Yeah, I think I’d throw it in the van this time of year for BH. In the summer when the days are longer maybe.
I’m gonna ride tomorrow around Trosley, and maybe see whit I can find around fairseat and stanstead.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Yeah, I think I’d throw it in the van this time of year for BH. In the summer when the days are longer maybe.
I’m gonna ride tomorrow around Trosley, and maybe see whit I can find around fairseat and stanstead.
I’m based near Gravesend and ride to Trosley a lot as my in-laws are there but not riding tomorrow. Defo hook up another day though.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Anyone know of the Kraken trail near Sevenoaks? Popped up on youtube, might be worth a trip when lockdown eases.

Any idea where it is exactly?

Edit - bit of google and it’s off dibden lane Sevenoaks

In those woods....

0BBEA788-1865-47C6-B9EA-2A217BFB5E29.jpeg

Last edited:

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent

Hey Nick,

I'm going to be riding tomorrow. I should be in Trottescliffe around midday and will be riding out to some great trails around Mereworth woods if you've not been down that way.

Not sure if your about Fingerpuk, as I know we talked about riding around Mereworth last year and never managed to make it happen. :)

You riding tomorrow Jimbo?

Weathers looking a lot better than it has for a long while!

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Hey Nick,

I'm going to be riding tomorrow. I should be in Trottescliffe around midday and will be riding out to some great trails around Mereworth woods if you've not been down that way.

Not sure if your about Fingerpuk, as I know we talked about riding around Mereworth last year and never managed to make it happen. :)

Love to mate, but unfortunately got to get some stuff sorted on the house ?

Nick790

Jan 1, 2021
Kent
Hey Nick,

I’ll let you know later if that’s ok.
Thanks for the invite ??

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
Any idea where it is exactly?

Edit - bit of google and it’s off dibden lane Sevenoaks

In those woods....

View attachment 53528

Yes, wasn't sure. There's a bunch of trails off dibden lane, met a couple of guys a few weeks ago who told us about them. The trails are hidden on trailforks but show on their garmin map.

I asked the guy on youtube and he said kraken is off dibden but thinks it's unridable at the moment. Will head down there to check it out when lockdown eases..

Nick790

Jan 1, 2021
Kent
Hey Nick,

I m ok for tomorrow ??
where we meeting?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Yes, wasn't sure. There's a bunch of trails off dibden lane, met a couple of guys a few weeks ago who told us about them. The trails are hidden on trailforks but show on their garmin map.

I asked the guy on youtube and he said kraken is off dibden but thinks it's unridable at the moment. Will head down there to check it out when lockdown eases..

Ha ha. I saw your questions as I was also checking it out.

Unfortunately I also saw that the land owners are closing it and felling the trees so it is no more ?

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Cyclejunkie61 from Deal Kent I want to head to the surrey hills this summer I’m in a camper van so can do a couple of nights

Nick790

Jan 1, 2021
Kent
Kentrider on this forum lives near Bluebell Hill and knows the trials. I've lived there nearly all my life and didn't realise the trails existed (you can see some of them on the Trailforks app).
Agree with James on the section of Pilgrims way towards Cuxton. You can create a loop from the Northdowns way and Pilgrams around Vigo to Cuxton.
I rode Bluebell hill today, I’ve got a friend who knows it well. Great fun. Some serious bit in there.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Hey Guys, I live in Bexleyheath and will be reading through these posts and will hopefully will be able to check some of the rides out, I don't have a bike rack yet so I'm a bit limited, I also have a house in St Margarets at Cliffe, so once I get a bike rack I'm in.

Nick790

Jan 1, 2021
Kent
Hey Guys, I live in Bexleyheath and will be reading through these posts and will hopefully will be able to check some of the rides out, I don't have a bike rack yet so I'm a bit limited, I also have a house in St Margarets at Cliffe, so once I get a bike rack I'm in.
I’m in Vigo, and my parents live in Whitfield, Dover.

Tim Stracey

May 9, 2020
Harlow
Ha ha. I saw your questions as I was also checking it out.

Unfortunately I also saw that the land owners are closing it and felling the trees so it is no more ?
I've rode there a few times recently, there's plenty of trails but takes a bit of exploring to put them together. There's felling but it's only knocked out a few trails as I understand.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I've rode there a few times recently, there's plenty of trails but takes a bit of exploring to put them together. There's felling but it's only knocked out a few trails as I understand.

I may take a cheeky ride up there and have a butchers ??

MTBJay

Jul 20, 2020
UK
Appreciate things are a bit tricky at the moment to say the least, but they are improving and can only get better right! So be good to try and plan some rides...

I'm based in North Kent (near brands hatch) and whilst i'm enjoying learning new local trials and trying to improve on the eBike its always good to get out and ride new locations with experienced riders to pick up and learn from.

Bedgebury, Surrey Hills, Swinley (at a push) are all under an hour so keen to try these and will head over to them solo soon but if there is anyone up for meeting at some point as things relax on the restrictions it’d be great to ride with some other e bikes...

also if anyone has any good rides they’d recommend in the south east it’d be appreciated as keen to explore as much as possible on the new bike.

Cheers.
I’m happy to show you round Bedgebury and Covert Woods near Canterbury

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles