South East Rides

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Haha I spoke to Tom and Kara there that day. The bull track is most definitely epic. It’s not all psycho stuff there is stuff you can build up on

That's a relief. Was thinking I'd have to go full send on my first go at a jump park ??

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
I am up for the weekend too if that was an invite :) . Sunday appears to be the better day, but Saturday doesnt look terrible

RE the bull track, I'd be happy to show you round. Its £5 a visit or £42 membership. It is quite busy at the moment though.

There's some bickering going on at the moment about what day we're supposed to be riding so, no, not an invite, sorry. Never been there before either so would be the blind leading the blind...

I do want to head to the bull track at some point though - Do you need to book or just turn up and how do you pay for it? Only seen mention of facebook and I don't use that anymore ;)

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
You just turn up and pay Alvar or one of his trail builders, they’ll find you. See if there is anyone round the yellow coppard concrete van

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
You just turn up and pay Alvar or one of his trail builders, they’ll find you. See if there is anyone round the yellow coppard concrete van

Cheers. Will get down there at some point.

Did get to peaslake eventually. It was really, really good. Brakes still not right in the whyte, didn't slow down fast enough, stacked it on a berm.

Did Barry knows best, supernova a few times. John the Baptist and thick and creamy - that was very steep.

Might be found back this weekend. Will let you know.

Last edited:

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
John the Baptist is my current favourite. Yoghurt pots > Telegraph row is a good double run too.

Lots of stuff is not on trailforks etc there. Still finding my way around.

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
I’m in Lewisham, but want to get out to Surrey Hills, Swinley Forest and Epping Forest. No car though so would have to train it. Epping is easy as I can just jump on the DLR. But Surrey Hills it’s only about an hour from Waterloo to Dorking so am up for that too.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I’ve had a slight back issue after coaching at the bull track the other day. Hopefully back out by next weekend. Got to make the most of the weather and late sunsets!

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
Anyone out and about on Sunday?

Saturday looks like its going to be very hot but Sunday morning might be good for an early ride, I'm keen to get back to Peaslake if that is of interest?

Otherwise I reckon I'll go to bedgebury and do some early laps there.

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Went to Peaslake for the first time the other week with my son. Struggled to find the trails we wanted to ride as GPS on the phone seems non existent there. Managed Barry Knows Best, Telegraph road and Yogurt Pots (I think) plus a couple of others. One we did suddenly split and we didn't know where to go and then came upon a fallen tree anyway.
Whats the best way to find your way around the area?
Might go that way one day this week or QECP (not Monday) as I'm off work at until Friday.
If anyone is up for a meet.
Cheers, Mark

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Which ones were you looking for?

John the Baptist is good, as is supernova
Easy ones for us. I'm old and my son is 13 and not really done much MTB riding yet. lol
He is now riding my old Haibike so want him to get used to it.

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
Had a ride at Hadleigh Park this morning, the 2012 Olympic XC trails. Better than expected, some cool tech bits to ride.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Stumpy, when are you next going to Epping? I could do with a guide, been a few times and came across a few few good runs but equally spend too long on Trailforks searching.
Tim best way to learn epping is just ride along the main bridleways and whenever you see a single track path off the bridleway take it and see where it ends up. The eastern side of the a104 tends to be quieter with more gnarly sections and theres some good bits north of the m25 that are very little used. Ive been riding there for around 7yrs and still find new bits. If you park in the big car park at chingford golf club then start off from there make your way eastwards and cross the a104 then head north thru the forest but off the main paths the trails are quite easy to find, you can pretty much get up past the m25 with only occasionally touching the main paths, once up past amesbury banks head west back over a104 then you can head up towards claverhambury and galley hill green then back south via paths thru warlies park and back towards high beach and on back to car park. Use the O/S maps app to see where im talking about.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I've been exploring Bluebell Hill a lot recently if anyone wants to come along. Surprised by the variety of stuff there, and starting to know my way around now. They have some crazy steep DH stuff with some jumps etc in 1 part.

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
Interesting, been looking at that on Trailforks, wondering if there is enough for a mornings ride. When are you going next @James_C? Think I can only do Sunday morning this week.

Been up at Danbury Common the last couple of weekends, few cracking trails there and sessionable jumps and drops which are nice to ease back into jumping. Did stack at the end of the morning and ruined the power button on the Bosch Purion so will be replacing the controller this week.

Cheers

Bobajobbob

Aug 5, 2020
Kent UK
I live in Sevenoaks and ride in my local woods. Montreal Estate/Dibden Woods. I normally ride about 10-15 miles on a combination of bridle paths, cinder tracks and a few dedicated mountain bike trails. It's not Bedgebury but enough for a good evening ride. Going to be more tricky as it gets dark earlier.

If you haven't done the Bedgebury red route then I recommend it. It can get a bit busy but you can go around twice in a couple of hours.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Interesting, been looking at that on Trailforks, wondering if there is enough for a mornings ride. When are you going next @James_C? Think I can only do Sunday morning this week.

Been up at Danbury Common the last couple of weekends, few cracking trails there and sessionable jumps and drops which are nice to ease back into jumping. Did stack at the end of the morning and ruined the power button on the Bosch Purion so will be replacing the controller this week.

Cheers

I’m also up at Danbury sometimes. Brilliant fun in a small area.

can do Sunday am. 9am outside the Robin Hood pub? (364 Common Road, Blue Bell Hill
Chatham, Kent ME5 9RJ)

Last edited:

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
I’m also up at Danbury sometimes. Brilliant fun in a small area.

can do Sunday am. 9am outside the Robin Hood pub? (364 Common Road, Blue Bell Hill
Chatham, Kent ME5 9RJ)

Sorry, fucked up. Wife is away this weekend with her chums. Can't do it. No riding for me this weekend :(

Next weekend maybe?

Last edited:

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
What were conditions like? I went to hadleigh today which was very dry, after a rather muddy experience at BBH yesterday

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
What were conditions like? I went to hadleigh today which was very dry, after a rather muddy experience at BBH yesterday

Busy, very busy. Lots of bikes, queues at the top to drop in. Not that muddy but felt a bit sketch if you know what I mean.

UVRail

Sep 13, 2020
London
I’d be interested in any meetups. I’m near Bromley so tend to ride over towards Lullingstone and Enysford, down towards Otford or around Biggin Hill. If anyone fancies trying some of these trails, let me know.

cheers,
Neil

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Been mad busy with boring life stuff so not been on here lately to sort rides etc...

@UVRail I’m the other side of Farningham Woods so around there and Lullingstone if I go local. Defo be up for learning some morestuff around bigging hill and otford.... ??

@James_C and I have done a few bedgebury and a surrey hills which are always a laugh

need to get some rides planned in as hopefully things will calm down a bit soon

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
I’d be interested in any meetups. I’m near Bromley so tend to ride over towards Lullingstone and Enysford, down towards Otford or around Biggin Hill. If anyone fancies trying some of these trails, let me know.

cheers,
Neil

I'm near Locksbottom/Keston. If I'm riding local after work I have a route round High Elms on the bridle paths and into Farnborough common that's pretty good fun or I stay really local and do Keston Ponds/Hayes Common. Not sure how much I'll be doing that though with the clocks going back, going to be getting dark a lot earlier :(

Be interested in learning some more local routes. Supposed to be going to Chicksands this Saturday though. Not been there for at least 10 years, should be interesting to see what is new.

Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles