SoCal rider checking in

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
Hi All,

new to the forum, just started seriously riding again (4 months in now) after years off focusing on career and family. Presently ride a stumpjumper 29 but looking to move to a Levo/Levo SL in the coming months to expand my riding bubble.

I'm in south county OC for those familiar with SoCal and I ride the hills/trails around my neighborhood. Been reading the site for a while but decided to sign up to get more engaged. Happy to be riding again!

-Charlie

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
So like Frank n Beanz or Art School area? I live South-South OC and will grab a demo decoy from YT since they are close by and just tool around for a few hours. Really makes me hate my bike

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Hey Charlie
Used to ride around Anaheim Hills on my trail bike back in the 70's and have always thought that would be a cool area on a MTB. Also around the back of Santiago Canyon.

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
Hi guys, @M3Doty i don’t know those areas. To say I’m new here is an understatement. I’m in las Flores and Ladera ranch area, usually hit the trail at crown valley rd intersection. Was out with my daughter yesterday evening just putting around the neighborhood and saw a guy on a brand new YT - made me jealous.

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
finally was able to find a bike I liked and that was actually available for purchase! Ended up going with a Santa Cruz Heckler in size large. Pick it up tomorrow, pumped!

CheaterMcCheat

Jun 20, 2020
California
grats on an awesome bike! Make sure you go enjoy doing Spitefire / Waterworks trail near you in Ladera over and over and over, it's too easy to get back to the fun with an eMTB!

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
@ccwilli3 Welcome to the sport of eMTB!
I live just up the road from U in Trabuco Canyon, so I am sure are paths will cross.
You will want to look at this website www.facebook.com/emtbassociation it will keep U up to date on what is going on with the OC parks system. As of right now the OC board of supervisor is still trying to make a decision on update the OC parks policy to allow class-1 eMTB into the parks. Us eMTB (In the USA) need all of the support we can get to have trail access in OC parks and NFS, FWS, USFS or BLM.

Cheers!

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
@ccwilli3 Welcome to the sport of eMTB!
I live just up the road from U in Trabuco Canyon, so I am sure are paths will cross.
You will want to look at this website www.facebook.com/emtbassociation it will keep U up to date on what is going on with the OC parks system. As of right now the OC board of supervisor is still trying to make a decision on update the OC parks policy to allow class-1 eMTB into the parks. Us eMTB (In the USA) need all of the support we can get to have trail access in OC parks and NFS, FWS, USFS or BLM.

Cheers!

not a huge facebook guy but will check it out because it matters! I see e-bikes around on trails, no pedaling, just throttle, and I wonder when is THAT not a dirt bike/motorcycle? What we ride is certainly different from that e-bike so time to stand up and be counted.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I see e-bikes around on trails, no pedaling, just throttle, and I wonder when is THAT not a dirt bike/motorcycle?

Is most certainly an eMX bike - not an eMTB. Huge difference and those things should only be on private land or closed circuits.

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
Yea big different between a class-1 eMTB and a class-2 or class-3. That is the problem the OC park management they doesn't really understand the different of a class-1, 2 or 3. A class-1 eMTB is more like a mountain bike and a class-2 or class-3 is more like a eMoto.
The Ladera trails that you are riding are on Trabuco water district land and they don't care if it's a MTB or eMTB, but thire main concern is lawsuits if someone get hurt on their property. If you have the time check out eMTB Asso website, just to be informed on the what is going on with eMTB in the OC area.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles