So! You're home alone for the week , what film/s y gonna watch?????

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
NOBODY !

nobody.jpg

With Bob Odenkirk - Probably best know for Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

Very entertaining and fun film. A sort of Mix of Mr & Mrs Smith with a dash of Leon.

On the Alcohol Film Rating Scale : It's like a nice long bbq with lots of cold beer, a few chasers thrown in for stupidity but you magically wake up feeling fresh as a daisy.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
^ This
I watched it last night and thought it was really entertaining.
Same sort of unassuming 'nobody' with special skills, like Taken or The Equaliser (Denzel Washington)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The Comeback Trail

The comeback trail.jpg

A very lighthearted cheesy spoof 1970/80's style low budget movie. It's actually quite fun and certainly doesn't take itself seriously or try to be anything it's not. A few good lines in there.

On the Alcohol Scale : It's like a fancy dress cocktail party with all the alcohol supplied by Lidl's.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
The Comeback Trail

View attachment 59411

A very lighthearted cheesy spoof 1970/80's style low budget movie. It's actually quite fun and certainly doesn't take itself seriously or try to be anything it's not. A few good lines in there.

On the Alcohol Scale : It's like a fancy dress cocktail party with all the alcohol supplied by Lidl's.

Wow, that's looks like a complete car crash of a film ?
Think I'll be sticking to Rotten Tomatoes for my film recommendations in the future ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
As a proud Frenchman, Zim, your picks are definitely a bit shy in the Sartre & Camus department. ?
The Courier's pretty good if you want something a bit more serious :) ... Haven't finished watching that yet though and I started a couple of week ago .. It's much harder to review the more intellectually challenging films .. what do you say ??? It's like a Gin and Tonic - without the tonic ?? :)

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
The Courier's pretty good if you want something a bit more serious :) ... Haven't finished watching that yet though and I started a couple of week ago .. It's much harder to review the more intellectually challenging films .. what do you say ??? It's like a Gin and Tonic - without the tonic ?? :)
As a bit of a Francophile, I'd recommend a few decent Frenchy movies - Intouchables is pure joy & everyone shopuld see it, Delicatessen an all time great, Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis is both hilarious & no one's ever heard of it, Amelie. On pourrait continuer...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
As a bit of a Francophile, I'd recommend a few decent Frenchy movies - Intouchables is pure joy & everyone shopuld see it, Delicatessen an all time great, Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis is both hilarious & no one's ever heard of it, Amelie. On pourrait continuer...
Wow, that's going back a long time .. but yes, Amelie was a great film and Delicatessen.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I'm a huge horror/thriller movie fan so I'll definitely be home alone in the dark and I'll be sure to leave the window slightly open.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
It's like a Gin and Tonic - without the tonic ?? :)
Just finished watching OXYGEN on Netflix. It’s like Gin and Tonic - without the Gin. You can plead for all the Gin you like, but the command is prohibited - and causing damage to your cryogenic pod is punishable by 10 years imprisonment. All you get is Tonic, pleasant intergalactic dreams buddy! ????

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Sound Of Metal, utterly astounding film.
Not sure if anyone on here will like it, there's no shooty shooty, car chasy chasy, super hero bull ?y ?y going on that's for sure ?
SORRY WHAT... WHAT DID YOU SAY??

I've got tinnitus because of exactly this.

Was in a band (late 70s), and when we played - all guitar amps were set on 10... after our rehearsals in a small room, we thought it was funny that it was made up sign language only when we gathered for afternoon tea. Then years after I took up drums, and that was when my tinnitus got really bad. Went to an audiologist... and this here "Resound" custom-moulded thingys saved what's left of my hearing...

resound-musician-ear-plugs.jpg

I just saw the movie trailer on YouTube. Will check if any of my streaming accounts have it. Cheers. (y)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Only seems available to view for UK aquatic lovers.
Can't view it here in NZ either.

Just saw "The Woman in the Window" on Netflix. It has all the hallmarks of being a great mystery thriller, but alas... I've been around for too long and unfortunately can predict a Hitchcock plot coming a mile away. Still gave it a thumbs up tho... seeing as I didn't bug-out within 10 minutes (my usual tolerance for most movies), and somehow had the motivation to stick around until the end, simply because I've got a bit of justice person left in me. ?

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 2.58.00 PM.png

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
SORRY WHAT... WHAT DID YOU SAY??

I've got tinnitus because of exactly this.

Was in a band (late 70s), and when we played - all guitar amps were set on 10... after our rehearsals in a small room, we thought it was funny that it was made up sign language only when we gathered for afternoon tea. Then years after I took up drums, and that was when my tinnitus got really bad. Went to an audiologist... and this here "Resound" custom-moulded thingys saved what's left of my hearing...

View attachment 61933

I just saw the movie trailer on YouTube. Will check if any of my streaming accounts have it. Cheers. (y)

I have the same in my left ear, a ringing sound after years of playing drums in bands without decent ear protection. It usually isn't too bad and manageable but loud gigs (not I can go to those at the minute) can be a problem and has my ears ringing for days.
I'll check out those ear plugs (y)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I have the same in my left ear, a ringing sound after years of playing drums in bands without decent ear protection. It usually isn't too bad and manageable but loud gigs (not I can go to those at the minute) can be a problem and has my ears ringing for days.
I'll check out those ear plugs (y)
By the way, those plugs are made to fit your ear canal perfectly. Some softer goop is injected into your ears and is allowed to cure (about 30 minutes). Then those “pre-moulds” are sent away to make the proper plugs. Unlike generic plugs, the perfect fit provides a perfect yet comfortable seal and you can wear them for hours and hours without irritation and annoyance. One of them has a red dot ?. Red for right side, same idea for studio headphones.

You’ll notice there are little micro itsybitsies that go into the silicone plugs. The photo has two sorts, green and red. Ask your audiologist which one is right for you. They usually do a hearing test first to check which frequencies you can and cannot hear. My ones came with reds which I think blocks sudden intense percussive sounds, ideal for drummers. But it still lets in the rest of the foldback mix through, be it somewhat muted slightly. These have been made specifically for musicians. You can’t play drums alongside if you have trouble hearing the rest of the band. Not sure what the green does, maybe doesn’t block as much I think. If your ears have been damaged unevenly, you might need two different sorts for each side.

The process is more expensive than just getting generic ear plugs, but personally I think it’s worth it. We only ‘hear’ once.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
"Bright burn", is a surprising good film on Netflix at the moment.

Also hearing loss and tinnitus ain't no joke.
After years of riding motorcycles I have chronic tinnitus, sometimes it makes you wonder how you can cope with it.
Look after your hearing!!

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
"Bright burn", is a surprising good film on Netflix at the moment.

Also hearing loss and tinnitus ain't no joke.
After years of riding motorcycles I have chronic tinnitus, sometimes it makes you wonder how you can cope with it.
Look after your hearing!!
The mind is a beautiful and wonderful thing. I had some sorta nerve or something detach from my right eye just recently that resulted in a dark blotch in my vision. I panicked. My wife who works at our regional eye clinic told me that at my age it can happen which is sort of normal with no cure really - and not to worry. In a few days I won’t even notice it. The ‘mind’ will eventually adjust and fill-in the gap with the missing visual information. Sure enough the dark blotch is gone now unless I look for it. Similarly, the mind can also remove excess audio information, the hissing or phantom white noise we think we hear with tinnitus. In fact I haven’t heard mine for months until the very moment I watched the movie trailer. Right now my hissing is deafening because I’m aware of it and listening to it, but once I focus on something else, it’ll go away - until someone mentions the word tinnitus again. Hearing loss on the other hand is an entirely different kind of damage altogether.

At the moment, I’m watching “The Kingdom” (2007) Jamie Foxx. Already seen it ages ago, but boy I’m still really enjoying it right now. I’d forgotten how good and timeless it really is. One could be forgiven to think it was released this year (except for the setting and story timeline of course). See... my tinnitus is gone! Oh drat, it’s back! ?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Sound Of Metal, utterly astounding film.
Not sure if anyone on here will like it
Just finished watching it.

Yes, astoundingly harrowing. The first person audio rendering was frightening. The isolation was both crippling and liberating. The ending - profound.

Thanks for sharing this.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Unhinged is quite good, starring Russel Crowe in a fat suit, with a serious chip on his shoulder. It was on Netflix, but don’t think it is anymore

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
So I've just watched the Conjuring part 3.
I wont give any spoilers away but, I can see why they never released it on October 31st ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yes. It’s fun in a weird FPV video game kind of way.
Yup. It's quite mad. A bit like watching someone else play a video game. I almost gave up early on as the acting seemed so bad, but it's entertaining in a weird way.

Black Widow's quite fun if you like the avenger type films.

Nicolas Cage's PIG is a bit different.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles