So! You're home alone for the week , what film/s y gonna watch?????

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Operation Odessa - Netflix documentary 2018
Russian gangster called Tarzan tries to sell a submarine to the Cali cartel - nuff said?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
The Railway Man

Slow burn... gut wrenching... if you're into this sort of thing...

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.46.23 AM.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
"The Vault" .. Also known as "Way down" in some regions.

A bit of a mix of the Italian Job & Oceans 11 with a glass of water to water it down ....

Quite a watchable and semi entertaining film. Some likeable characters and andinteresting enough story to keep you watching.

On the series front, the only new and interesting thing I've seen for a while is "Resident Alien" with Alan Tudyk, I've always been a Tudyk fan so this appeals. It feels a bit like someone put all the 80's sci-fi soaps into a blender and then shrink wrapped that into some modern packaging with newer darker humour and more mork than mindy.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Coming 2 America.

Just don't. Anyone who was planning on watching this shite and subsequently doesn't based on my review owes me a cookie and it's worth every crumb!

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Godzilla v Kong in the next hour or so for me.
Lord knows I need to unwind after dealing with court cases and being constantly reminded by everyone Solicitor or crown advocate, 'so what do you think about the George Floyd trial?' ?
1617221054855.png

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I’ve stayed away from watching ‘47 Ronin’ all this time for whatever reason besides getting a whiff of some poor reviews early on. Well, after plodding through The Hobbit film series just recently, my aversion to flying dragons got appeased enough (temporarily) to give ‘samurai Keanu’ a fair shot. It wasn’t half as bad as I expected... but I can understand why the ending doesn’t bode well with western sensibilities.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I’ve stayed away from watching ‘47 Ronin’ all this time for whatever reason besides getting a whiff of some poor reviews early on. Well, after plodding through The Hobbit film series just recently, my aversion to flying dragons got appeased enough (temporarily) to give ‘samurai Keanu’ a fair shot. It wasn’t half as bad as I expected... but I can understand why the ending doesn’t bode well with western sensibilities.
You seem to have an amazing knack of picking films I've not seen !!!

Many years ago I moved my TV - to no where near the "ariel" wire .. Fortunately DVD ! had just arrived .. It was life changing. I guess it's like what we have now where you watch what you want, but 25 years ago it was a revelation for me. Well, except that there weren't many you could buy at the start ! Yes, we had video .. but , hell, that was like watching someone else TV through a window.

I pretty much bought every DVD released and had what my neighbours called "The worlds most expensive wallpaper".

But I don't have 47 Ronin !!!!! Though that was probably he point I stopped buying DVD's. Nice suggestion, I shall watch it in parallel with my continuation of The Railway Man ..

Yes .. I'm waffling .. I'm depressed .. we've had curfew for as long as I can remember and we go into 4 week lock down again tomorrow... sulk, sniff, sulk ..

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
You seem to have an amazing knack of picking films I've not seen !!!

Many years ago I moved my TV - to no where near the "ariel" wire .. Fortunately DVD ! had just arrived .. It was life changing. I guess it's like what we have now where you watch what you want, but 25 years ago it was a revelation for me. Well, except that there weren't many you could buy at the start ! Yes, we had video .. but , hell, that was like watching someone else TV through a window.

I pretty much bought every DVD released and had what my neighbours called "The worlds most expensive wallpaper".

But I don't have 47 Ronin !!!!! Though that was probably he point I stopped buying DVD's. Nice suggestion, I shall watch it in parallel with my continuation of The Railway Man ..

Yes .. I'm waffling .. I'm depressed .. we've had curfew for as long as I can remember and we go into 4 week lock down again tomorrow... sulk, sniff, sulk ..
25 years ago?? From what little I’ve seen of you from your riding video uploads, that would make you 10 years old! Far too young to be playing with DVDs! And yes, I too have a wall to wall collection (just two shelves) gathering dust, haha. When I eventually got a 65” 4K flat screen, I started buying BlueRays only - before switching to streaming... because I got too lazy to be bothered bending over to load or change a disc! :rolleyes: My wife and kids mock me about the money I spent on my dusty my collection, but when the zombies take over and the internet shuts down - I’ll have something to watch... that’s if I can jimmy-up a DIY generator from an old washing machine and acoustic bike.

What?? I’m bored too...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Let’s make it a triple! Oh come on, don’t tell me you haven’t seen “The American?!”

George Clooney isolated in Europe, a slow burn plot, dark alleys, candy tins with mercury filled bullets... trust no one...
Excellent Suggestions !!

Watched(ing) 47 Ronin, The American and The Railway man in parallel ..

Finished 47 Ronin first. Had the most action and faster flowing story with Keanu pulling it out of the bag ... like when you just want to drink cold beer .. it satisfy's ..

The American Rolled in second .. more like a nice Whisky or Brandy, slower, to be enjoyed and savoured. Have seen that one before, but couldn't remember all of it, so it was nice to watch again.

The railway man .. still on going and now mixed in with Godzilla vs Kong .. The Railway man is quite heavy and slow, a bit like being massaged by an elephant. You sort of want to leave it but know it's worth staying for in the end but it hurts as it's engaging the mind and the emotions.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Excellent Suggestions !!

Watched(ing) 47 Ronin, The American and The Railway man in parallel ..

Finished 47 Ronin first. Had the most action and faster flowing story with Keanu pulling it out of the bag ... like when you just want to drink cold beer .. it satisfy's ..

The American Rolled in second .. more like a nice Whisky or Brandy, slower, to be enjoyed and savoured. Have seen that one before, but couldn't remember all of it, so it was nice to watch again.

The railway man .. still on going and now mixed in with Godzilla vs Kong .. The Railway man is quite heavy and slow, a bit like being massaged by an elephant. You sort of want to leave it but know it's worth staying for in the end but it hurts as it's engaging the mind and the emotions.
You’re the only one I know that rates a movie experience by comparing it to alcoholic drinks. :oops:

So if 47 Ronin is a cold beer... and The American is a Whiskey or Brandy... I can’t wait for you to rate the Railway Man... hmmm, perhaps similar to a shot of Spirytus Rektyfikowany?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Haven’t seen it yet, but The ‘Mauritanian’ is supposedly very good. I’m guessing this’ll be like Tequila laced with broken glass... followed by a chaser glass of Mercurochrome. o_O

ale62

Mar 8, 2021
LONDON
Let’s make it a triple! Oh come on, don’t tell me you haven’t seen “The American?!”

George Clooney isolated in Europe, a slow burn plot, dark alleys, candy tins with mercury filled bullets... trust no one...
I've seen it! Great film!
Well done.

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Watched The Dissident on Amazon Prime - a feature length documentary on the killing of Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi embassy in Istanbul.
A shocking account of a journalist killed for questioning the Saudi Royal family as they turn their country into an authoritarian state.
Made by Bryan Fogel - the guy who made Icarus - also recommended.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well, if we're going to carry on comparing films to drinks ..

Godzilla vs Kong ...

Felt a bit like I drank the fanciest labelled none alcoholic drink all night, until , finally .. at the end - someone gave me a proper beer ! But would that beer have tasted as good if I'd not drunk all the other lame beer first ?

But basically, a take your brain out CGI bish bosh bash fest for the kids ..

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
If home alone, NOT Deliverence or Scum.
Interested to know how you would score these two films using the alcoholic drinks scale though ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Scum is Snakebite made with White Lightning and Special Brew, with a dash of tramp piss.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Got your tools?
What tools?
These tools...

We're having a mini binge on Friday night dinner. Bit bummed at Paul Ritter's death, 54 is no age. We've called our daughter Bambino forever because of that show.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I did I did !! It was great ..

Like sharing a bath with a beautiful woman and drinking champagne. Interesting, exciting, at times a bit uncomfortable but you didn't want it to end and couldn't get it out of your head for days afterwards.
Bah humbug... bath sex is so over rated (same as sandy beach sex). I tried to picture your scenario in my head, but at my age all I can think of is possibly aggravating my arthritis! I probably wouldn't get the pain out of my joints for days afterwards. ? ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles