So! You're home alone for the week , what film/s y gonna watch?????

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
WONDER WOMAN 1 9 8 4 ! ....
Gal managed to look glamorous and stylish, even in 1984. Some of the other period attire revealed the stark message that I really need to clear out some of my wardrobe.
I never imagined that you’d be into 1980s drag cosplay dress ups - but hey, if you need a wardrobe update, then more power to you...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I never imagined that you’d be into 1980s drag cosplay dress ups
You didn't ???? Where have I been going wrong ?

If it helps ...

Magnum Mondays, Hawaiian shirt, stick on tash, old faded jeans. knackered white trainers, only use the red wheel barrow, run away form the dog. Spend the day trying to locate the things I mislaid over the weekend.

Macgyver DIY Tuesdays, Bodge anything which needs fixing which you really can't be arsed doing properly.

Wonder Woman Wednesdays. Grandma's old blue mahoosive knickers, old red wife beater, 2 coconut shells, old 10 meter yellow cat 5 cable. Make everything right which I fecked up on Tuesday.

T.J Hooker Thursdays. Normally hide inside, once I find myself looking like Heather Locklear I honestly struggle to drag myself away from myself ..

Fraggle Rock Fridays. Really get to let my hair down and glam it up on Fridays and guaranteed to standout and always get served at the bar.

Airwolf Mowing Saturdays. Flight suit on, hair slicked back. Inflatable Borgnine stuffed on grass collector ... How fast can you go !

St-Elsewhere Sundays. Spend much of the day patching myself up after a Sunday morning ride.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
After paying for my ebike,
everyday is Worzel Wednesday ?

285E47E4-F7A2-43B9-8B55-CDC450C124AB.jpeg

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I was watching the start and wondering ... what about the poor buggers who have to keep the sand topped up ! ... which was then answered ... It's like a perpetual motion machine ! ? :cool:

I think this is now free to air, so a link ..

The Hill - 1965, With Sean Connery - 2 hours - in HD !
I was watching the start and wondering... why are they building a tabletop jump that’s way too short and way too high? :unsure:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I was watching the start and wondering... why are they building a tabletop jump that’s way too short and way too high? :unsure:
I thought that was obvious, it said at the very very start, just before the start, but after the black bit which was like the start ... "Brought to you by Dobby Vision, creators of the worlds most variable jumps, available on line from @dobbyhasfriends .sandy.bum"

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Just released on Netflix in Aus
Not sure about the rest of the world
Viewed last night

Some mad skills, amazing cinematography and breathtaking scenery
Even a small nod to eMTBs near the end

A really good watch

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
News of the World - Tom Hanks. Slow western-esq film. Great performance from Tom Hanks with a few interesting moments interspaced through the film. On the whole though, the story's a bit lacking and it feels like there wasn't really enough substance there to make a film .. Not one to jump up and down about ..

The Dig - Ralph Fiennes. Ultimately a fairly slow moving film, but one which still holds your attention. All in all a rather charming movie .

On the TV front, quite liking Resident Alien on the Scfi Channel at the moment. Feels like a bit of a blend of all the best 80's and 90's amusing scifi shows all rolled into one and given a new coat of paint.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
News of the World - Tom Hanks. Slow western-esq film. Great performance from Tom Hanks with a few interesting moments interspaced through the film. On the whole though, the story's a bit lacking and it feels like there wasn't really enough substance there to make a film .. Not one to jump up and down about ..

The Dig - Ralph Fiennes. Ultimately a fairly slow moving film, but one which still holds your attention. All in all a rather charming movie .

On the TV front, quite liking Resident Alien on the Scfi Channel at the moment. Feels like a bit of a blend of all the best 80's and 90's amusing scifi shows all rolled into one and given a new coat of paint.
Just saw The Dig and strangely... quite enjoyed it!

If you liked that, you might also enjoy My Octupus Teacher...

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I'm scratching around now, think I've nearly exhausted Netflix ?
However came across "The Town" with Ben Affleck, surprisingly good.
Also one to avoid, "The Drowning ", what a pike of tosh!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
exhausted Netflix ?
I think some of these came to Netflix after being elsewhere and some might not be on there anymore - but you might have seen them anyway..
In no particular order.

Ozark
Daredevil
Lost on Space
Altered Carbon
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Peaky Blinders
Stranger Things
Narco's / Narco's Mexico
The Kominski Method
Dark

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Jack at his best
followed by
Wiches of Eastwick
Jack at his worst
(dirty ba..tard)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I think I already mentioned somewhere that even though I'm Kiwi, I just couldn't get into the Lord of the Rings (2001-2003). My wife and I honestly tried, but we were disinterested in about half an hour and on occasion fell fast asleep.

Now, the Hobbiton film set is less than an hours drive from where we live... we've never been. Every visitor and family member we know of makes it a "must go" destination and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the fuss is all about (sorry NZ). But then my wife's place of work held their Christmas Party over there (complete with Bilbo Baggins dinner) and they all raved about it... their best company outing EVER apparently.

A few days ago, I accidentally chanced upon this old YouTube video upload:

Now we've been to some of these places, but have taken it for granted until seeing it through the eyes of these actors' testimonials.

So we decided to give The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) a go... reluctantly of course because it was nearly 3 hours long! But we surprised ourselves - this time around we actually enjoyed it... up until we reached the unresolved ending, which was when we realised The Hobbit is a trilogy (that's how little we know about it!). Drat!

Now we have to watch the next two!! ? ?

Maybe we were just in a different station in life... less hectic... more free time. Or maybe the earlier LOTR instalments felt to us like it was trying too hard to be realistically epic, whereas the Hobbit instalments had a bit more humour and somehow it felt to us like reading a fairytale book and so we saw it differently. Or maybe we've just gotten older and less uptight about things, haha!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Watched Greenland on Prime last night. It’s not a terrible film and it has Morenna Baccarinin in it so that’s a win for me.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Started watching’The Drowning” over the weekend and I’m really enjoying it
? You'll probably hate The Town then.
Just goes to show one man's meat is another man's poison.
Come back to me when you finish the drowning and see if you feel the same ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think I may have reached a new low ..

Eddy Murphy : Coming 2 America. Or the rather catchy "Un Prince a New York 2" if you're French ...

I think I quite liked the idea of a bit of retro re-run comedy.

In fairness, it's not as bad as it could be. It's not good, but if you think it's really bad, it's because your the person who bought a €100 bike and thought it would be as good as a €5000 bike. This is a €100 bike ....

Just to ruin it... The best lines was something like "I want a woman who's black. I want her to be so black that you need a torch when you make love".

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I think I may have reached a new low ..

Eddy Murphy : Coming 2 America. Or the rather catchy "Un Prince a New York 2" if you're French ...

I think I quite liked the idea of a bit of retro re-run comedy.

In fairness, it's not as bad as it could be. It's not good, but if you think it's really bad, it's because your the person who bought a €100 bike and thought it would be as good as a €5000 bike. This is a €100 bike ....

Just to ruin it... The best lines was something like "I want a woman who's black. I want her to be so black that you need a torch when you make love".
Man... you must be scraping the bottom of the barrel to have no other movie choice than to persevere watching that through to the end! :D

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
zimmer. There’s zero correlation with eddys tranny and the chick I dated. - trying to get a head of this reply.
No correlation. No connection to be found.. So you're saying, there's not a connection, because the chick you dated WAS Eddy's tranny ?

Well, I'm sure she was very hot and both you and Eddy had a good time and in those circumstances, I'm sure that's all that matters.

Does Eddy know you dated his Tranny ?

If Tranny is used in a derogatory way ? Why do people with certain ford van's insist they drive a transvestite ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
A romp into a parallel world of insanity .. fast moving, entertaining, violent and amusing all at the same time .... GUNS AKIMBO !

Daniel Radcliffe keeps it entertaining .. though I really like KIWI Rhys Darby's character too.

If you don't like unnecessary violence, gore, psychopathic behaviour - then this forum film is not for you !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles