Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
20210110_115336.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Stylish hippy fest ceramic valve cover ?

Emergency mid ride clag on remover ?

Anti-scrotum bar riser addition.

ear plug ? I said ear plug ...

One of a pair of pixie forest bar ends ?

Safety saddle ?

Lord of the rings pedal set ?

Ride in circles hub set.

Chalk tree marker so you can find your way home ?

ok .... I dunno ..

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
If you’re not going out into your private forest today, you need to sand that table down and get a coat of something on it!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No way Bill ..its the countryfide rustic look ..varnish would just be to urban ..
I think I'd slap some oil on it .. even if it's only a dab of olive oil .. or olive oil mixed with white vinegar if you want to be posh.

You seem to be avoiding telling us more about your new ceramic CVT transmission !

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I used a rubber ferrule that fishermen use to protect the ends of their fibreglass rods during transit. That was on a 2013 Norco Sight.
For my Focus Jam2 I am using the cap from a large size pack of Smarties. It has several advantages: Firstly, its blue and matched my bike. Secondly it is a flip top lid, so I can open it whenever I want to ventilate the head tube if I deem it necessary. The cap is a perfect fit, tight enough to require a firm push to install, it required no adhesive, stays there during a ride and yet is easily removable. :)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I used a rubber ferrule that fishermen use to protect the ends of their fibreglass rods during transit. That was on a 2013 Norco Sight.
For my Focus Jam2 I am using the cap from a large size pack of Smarties. It has several advantages: Firstly, its blue and matched my bike. Secondly it is a flip top lid, so I can open it whenever I want to ventilate the head tube if I deem it necessary. The cap is a perfect fit, tight enough to require a firm push to install, it required no adhesive, stays there during a ride and yet is easily removable. :)
Ingenious ..the only downside I can see is that I would want to break that plastic lid after every ride so that I could buy a new tube of smarties to eat ..thereby replacing the calories I had worked so hard to get rid of on the ride ..?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Ingenious ..the only downside I can see is that I would want to break that plastic lid after every ride so that I could buy a new tube of smarties to eat ..thereby replacing the calories I had worked so hard to get rid of on the ride ..?
You could always keep some Smarties inside the head tube as your covert cache of colour coded calories.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Used to ski bike with a guy who had machined a " whisky " bottle that fitted inside his steerer tube for having wee drams on the way up the lift. Great use of a spare orifice.

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Used to ski bike with a guy who had machined a " whisky " bottle that fitted inside his steerer tube for having wee drams on the way up the lift. Great use of a spare orifice.
Now that is an idea, would have to be sloe gin though, especially this time of year, might look into that if my bike ever turns up?

>moto<

Jan 4, 2021
Sunshine Coast
You know bikes aren't made like they used to be when the paint is scratched by a makeup sponge :)

Hodge - tell your wife that shade of foundation is divine.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
You know bikes aren't made like they used to be when the paint is scratched by a makeup sponge :)

Hodge - tell your wife that shade of foundation is divine.
What are you going on about ..?
Its got fuck all to do with paintwork being scratched ..if you are going to comment at least read what the thread is about..
Do you use the same shade ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
What are you going on about ..?
Its got fuck all to do with paintwork being scratched ..if you are going to comment at least read what the thread is about..
Do you use the same shade ?
Ooooo , someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. Maybe have a day in your forest and hug a few trees?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles