So what assist level is everyone using???

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i used no power the other day as i didn't want to pass, it was gradual uphill single track and it was doable

Philpug

Jun 14, 2020
Reno NV USA
Bosch Performance CX 95%, riding is singeltrack.

Eco-60%
Tour-25%
e-MTB-15%
Turbo-not enough to move the needle, just on a short section of road when I am in a rush to get home.

With that said, in reading more about e-MTB mode, I wills tart playing with that more because it extend battery life. My concern is that it just brings too much power balancing between Tour and Turbo, I would perfer if it went between Eco and Tour.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Without specifically looking it up my guess is:

Trail: 90%
Boost: 5%
Eco: 5%

Trail and Eco are at factory settings and boost is high. I figure the rare times I hit the boost button I probably really want it. Which is up a steep fire trail or on the track back to the car if I have some battery to spare. ECO I ride on the flat green section of our local trail.

I really could just have Trail and get rid of my e7000mode switch and rely on the ew100 on the occasions I want to change modes.

Gordon

p.s. on my fazua bike, on the road I'm in eco about 80% of the time and river (mid) mode the rest. Tyres and surface make a huge difference.

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
I use all 3 modes regularly as terrain dictates. If I’m going 30 miles or more I stuck mostly to eco so I have enough range. I use stock settings. They feel perfect to me.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Just rode the Col d'Izoard from Briançon this morning, Eco mode and used 2 bars for 1200m vertical and 19km.......

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
High, high, Medium.
Boost is insane, it needs throttling back.

I don't think Boost is insane, here in the Alps in Switzerland you definitely need it at times. There are places you'd have to get off and push the bike... Not very often, but still.

Of course, this is only valid for me, unfortunately, my 2nd name is not Nino Schurter...

sparrow

Mar 22, 2019
Rivendell123
Using the free version of the STUnlocker app, I raised my boost on my eco mode a touch higher than what Shimano native app allows. Let's me ride eco a lot more on a typical solo ride when looking to extend range a bit. I leave Trail and Boost at "explorer" mode. When riding aggressively with others (or on short rides solo), I just run at max in Boost the whole ride

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
I did exactly the same, slightly raising ECO to be able to use it more.

And, it is so much fun to rage through the woods on flat or slightly uphill trails in BOOST and US-speed setting.

I'm doing at a guess 70% Eco, 25% Trail and 5% Boost, or something close, I literally just use boost for a squirt up the very steepest sections.
I'm on the Isle of Wight, England btw doing downland and forest trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles