So - anyone keen on the new Niner E9 ebikes, Rip 9 and 180mm WFO?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
The 'pedal damn it' company says 'ride damn it' :D

Back 10 years ago I dropped the ball and missed out on a wonderful opportunity after meeting the Niner owners before the WSSC at Rotorua. Never thought an eMTB would be in their future.

1594110755683.png

First Impression
Can't wait for Robs thoughts.

Philpug

Jun 14, 2020
Reno NV USA
Starting in the $6K range here in the US is smart, that is the meat of the EMTB market. I would like to see a step up in frame (carbon) and better components but in Niner expanding their E offerings, I see them going wide with gravel bikes and hard tails before they do upmarket and deeper in EMTB's. Either way, it is great seeing companies like Niner and Santa Cruz, traditional MTB companies....offering E varations.

Last edited:

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
If you squint a bit... It looks like a decathlon stilus....

Honestly, I just don't see anything to set it apart from all of the other commodity bikes out there. I'm sure it's fine, but it's just like so many others, you'd end up choosing one because your lbs has them on the floor, you get a deal on one somewhere, or it has the specific motor/spec combination you're after. The fact that is has Niner on the downtube means nothing. Niner had it's moment a decade or so ago where they were innovative and ahead of the curve, but that is long past.

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
I find it interesting that WFO has Horst Link, and not CVA.

I otherwise agree with above comments that it's just "another e-bike" and I don't really see anything special differentiating this from other e-bikes.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I cant see how they would make/get CVA to work around a motor - interesting that in the marketing blurb they say that the motor negates the need for CVA as an EMTB doesn't have the same issues as a normal bike

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Beauty! That 180 bike is now at the top of my list. Great first effort from niner. I'd thought theud have specced a zeb on it. Itd be nice to have an option to put a 220mm rear rotor on but 200r/220f works well.30.9 seatpost size is odd these days but thats nit picking. Im surprised theres not more 180 travel emtb options. Makes more sense to have a touch more travel and a coil with a motor. I really like mullet too. Its a win/win in my book.will 2021 be the year of the long travel eeb? Overdue on that id say.
I'd hit it

• Agree
Reactions: CjP

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles