So 12 months of ownership, how did it go

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
Ride
Giant Trance E Pro 1
G'day all, so i have had my E Pro 0 now for 12 months and done just over 2000klms. This is my second E Bike, 1st was the E Pro 1 which i liked, that's why i bought it, but it was a case of an Orange Lemon, so hense i ended up with the 0.

Anyway, back to the bike i have. 12 months of ownership and riding, nearly all, i would say 98% of my riding is trail type stuff, single track, smooth, dusty, rocky, rooty, wet, muddy type riding. During the year i have used 2 sets of tyres, 1 set of brake pads and greased the headstem bearings. Normal washing and lubing chain etc.

On the last couple of rides i noticed shifting on a couple of gears playing up, could'nt adjust out with cable at shifter, noises coming from the front and it was starting to piss me off. So basically time to go over bike and see what needs replacing.

Chain was at it's limit, some teeth worn on the rear cassette, derailleur also a bit toasted, upper headstem bearing was also cruchy and falling apart, rear tyre also shot. I have been riding with a twisted crank for a bit and a bar was snapped off one of my peddles, so time to fix it all up and ride again for another 12 months of happiness.

In the 12 months replacing

1 chain
1 rear cassette
1 derailleur
3 sets of tyres
1 upper set headstem bearings
1 new shift cable.

Pretty good i think.

Replaced but were not nessasary.

1 set of peddles
1 set 165mm cranks

Things i changed for myself

1 fork extension to 160 travel
1 set renthal bars 40mm rise.

Had the battery health checked at the shop and it was tip top, as good as new.

Things replaced under warranty

1 x new control switch

So my report card for 12 months, I'm pretty stoked. Bike is heaps of fun to ride, and so far has been problem free, happy day's.

How have you guys and gals gone with wear and tear so far?

Last edited:

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Ride
Giant E-Trance Pro
Excellent report(y)

Im at 950kms after 6 months. Just replaced the rear brakes to steel vs organic.
Tires are still stock as well as the drivetrain. Changed the pedals to non clipless & of course have to run the Renthal carbons bars. Seriously thinking about a coil rear shock?

Great to hear your Yamaha motor is working well. After reading the LEVO reports, i would touch one of those bikes:unsure:

Joe

Pdoz

Subscriber
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Ride
Giant full e pro
full e pro, 2 years, about 2800 km but I'm not sure because the speed sensor was playing up. Still loving this bike but ...it's a bit of a grandpas axe...

Pretty much every bearing on the chasis has now been replaced ( shock linkages getting done at the moment)
3/4 chains ( I lose count with the kids bikes etc)
god knows how many brake pads
About 3 sets if rubber - they all get sliced before they wear out
1 cassette, and the original front sprocket SNAPED in the first week! Crank was replaced at the same time under warranty
I'm about to get a new motor - it was going well but there was a torque sensor issue - giant warranty is awesome
evo screen drowned crossing hotham in absurd storm conditions - again, giant warranty is awesome

Usual personal upgrades - one up dropper, higher bars, shorter stem, different seat, grips, forks extended, etc

So, the way I figure is I have a couple of months to replace the battery before it runs out of warranty, then I can take my time breaking the frame...everything else has been replaced.....

Flatslide

Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
Ride
Rocky Mountain
RM Altitude Powerplay: 7 months in, 3000km, still on 1st pair of tyres, 2nd disc pads+rear rotor, 3rd chain, original cassette and front ring, original transfer cog. No motor issues, 2 speed sensors failed early on but fine last 2400km. Greased headset at 2000km. Been collecting all the parts to service drivetrain, new rubber, service suspension, clean and polish etc. Just have to find the time cos I'm riding it every day 😁

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending