Levo Gen 2 Slack-R Headset - 2021 Turbo Levo Comp Alloy - Anyone Running One Of These?

bmanfactor916

Dec 15, 2021
Sacramento
Looking at putting a Slack-R headset in my 2021 Turbo Levo Comp Alloy.

Does anyone have experience running a Slack-R headset?

I think they have a version that will fit our Levos. Not 100% sure.

bmanfactor916

Dec 15, 2021
Sacramento
This is the kit that fits my 2021 Levo Comp Alloy with a 125mm headtube length:

Now I need to figure out if the upper headset bearing sits proud of the frame or inside the frame.

Anyone know?

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
This is the kit that fits my 2021 Levo Comp Alloy with a 125mm headtube length:

Now I need to figure out if the upper headset bearing sits proud of the frame or inside the frame.

Anyone know?
What size is your frame? Looks like these only fit size L and upwards. Bit gutted been looking to make mine (M) slacker for a while.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
All right got mine installed, no ride yet. WARNING you will likely need to sand down material from your head tube. I have an aluminum framed medium SL. My lower bearing section was too small for the slack-r kit to fit through. Opening in head tube was 43.5mm and the slack-r kit is 44.5mm diam. Luckily I had seen this video and was at least aware it could be an issue.
The lower opening of the head tube was not concentric to the bearing race surface so I removed material from the area nearest the downtube. Some sand paper on a large socket worked well but it too a long time and lots of patience to make sure it came out nice. Measure with calipers as you remove material to make sure you are removing in the correct areas.

If I would have known this going in, I would've not ordered the kit. The install came out well and I'm excited to ride it though. If you do not feel comfortable doing this adjustment to get it to fit I would not order the kit.

PXL_20211230_214759712.jpg

PXL_20211230_215006364.jpg

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Update. After inspecting the install it looks like the lower cup was not long enough to fully seat against the head race. It bottomed out on head tube before seating fully. Instead of messing with it further I requested a refund.

No ride impressions to tell you if it was worth it.

This install was an exercise I'd wish I'd rather not done. Oh well.

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
I was wondering whether anyone else has tried the angleset with different results or do they simply not fit properly

MajG

Oct 7, 2023
SouthAfrica
Hi
Can the carbon levo 2022 headset cups fit into levo alloy headset?
Was wondering if I can fit to slacken my alloy levo by any chance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles