Levo SL Gen 1 SL Range Extender and T3 Air

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Is this too close? I drilled out the holes in the bottle cage as much as I could. Doesn't seem to move any closer under sag but, I have no idea what's going on down there when I'm using more than 30% of the travel.

IMG_0896.jpg

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
It's close, but there is still room to move the cage down a bit more. I've drilled it out as much as I can, I may make an adapter with a piece of aluminum to move it down a bit more.

IMG_0906.jpg
IMG_0905.jpg

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I just learned something about this shock - do not dump the air out of the main can without having the minimum pressure in the bladder. I ended up with a sluurpy sounding shock. To fix it I left the pressure in the bladder, let the air out of the main air can and pulled the sleeve. Put the shock back on the bike and aired it back up.

All is well.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have just fitted a DVO Topaz T3 shock in place of the Rockshox Deluxe R Debonair.
WOW! :love:
Worth every single penny, worth every month of the wait to get it. :love:

The range of adjustment is very good and each one makes a noticeable difference. On my first ride, I could not believe how responsive and supple the rear end had become.
There is so little air actually in the bladder that you need to take care to get the pressure that you need. Because you can't check it without losing any air, and connecting up the shock pump loses a fair bit, then you have to go from how it feels. I was amazed at what impact changing the bladder pressure had on the shock. I do not like the supplied DVO shock-pump but my preferred 13-year old shock cannot comfortably bend into the small gap between the shock and the frame.

The shock itself is dead easy to work on. The air can is unscrewed to gain access to the internals, but if you just want to change the positive or negative tokens, the air can just slides off. I'm still puzzling over how DVO manage to make that work! I have a theory that I will check out next time I remove the air can.

I now have a Rockshox Deluxe R Debonair 210x55 for sale.

1620656819477.png

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I have just fitted a DVO Topaz T3 shock in place of the Rockshox Deluxe R Debonair.
WOW! :love:
Worth every single penny, worth every month of the wait to get it. :love:

The range of adjustment is very good and each one makes a noticeable difference. On my first ride, I could not believe how responsive and supple the rear end had become.
There is so little air actually in the bladder that you need to take care to get the pressure that you need. Because you can't check it without losing any air, and connecting up the shock pump loses a fair bit, then you have to go from how it feels. I was amazed at what impact changing the bladder pressure had on the shock. I do not like the supplied DVO shock-pump but my preferred 13-year old shock cannot comfortably bend into the small gap between the shock and the frame.

The shock itself is dead easy to work on. The air can is unscrewed to gain access to the internals, but if you just want to change the positive or negative tokens, the air can just slides off. I'm still puzzling over how DVO manage to make that work! I have a theory that I will check out next time I remove the air can.

I now have a Rockshox Deluxe R Debonair 210x55 for sale.

View attachment 61123
the first time I took the air can off I became concerned it wasn't going to seal back up properly as it came off and went back on way too easily. Paired with the diamond D1 which has their OTT adjustment my Levo was completely transformed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles