Sight VLT vs Range VLT anyone?

DaveyPetey

Sep 29, 2019
SLC, Ut
Anyone have gone out on both? I'm an avid mountain biker, but would like something to commute to my job, and then get some laps in on the Bobsled trail in Salt Lake City, Utah, which happens to sit directly adjacent to my job.(Look up some videos on YouTube). Lots of what look to be fun grass berms to pop off on the way to work so I'm wanting something that can do that and handle the bigger features in the bobsled. After reading a few reviews I think I want to go with one of the 2 Norcos as my favorite LBS is a dealer. Any input would be great!

DP

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
I dont think you will be disappointed with the Sight, gets rave reviews!!

There isn't many ride reports on the new Range as yet. Though i must say it looks kind of odd and very polarizing with the super steep seat tube and the super slack head angle!

noeb2000510725.tag.0.ext.jpg

DaveyPetey

Sep 29, 2019
SLC, Ut
It's not that steep in the world of current mountain bike design, especially for the travel. My big concern with the sight is the reach numbers. The medium is shorter than my current medium Pivot FB29, but going up the large would be a couple cm longer and I don't want to feel overly stretched as I'm looking for something snappy

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
The Range will take an Extender battery and the 27.5 Sight will not. I have heard rumor of a 29er Sight that will take the extender. It should be out in MARCH.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Remember the Norcos both have an internal battery that is non-removeable (well, not easily by an owner anyway). If you live somewhere with extremes of heat or cold (either, or both) that may be a problem unless you can keep the bike in a temperature controlled space with a power supply.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles