Show us your Whyte bits

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Let’s get a good selection of Whyte bikes going on this thread. Show us what Whyte you have. This is mine 2020 Whyte E150RS
89911B4C-0624-4B12-B6A5-79249CF99879.jpeg

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Hi kilham 5 Did you re-rout the cable or a dealer. Are they completely hidden now. I really like this bike but the exposed cable put me off. Some of the access trails I ride on are a bit overgrown at the moment and there are lots of grassy and brambly bits and I'm sure there would be an issue as the cables are now. G.

Sam E180

Aug 20, 2019
Barnsley
Oh go on then ?
Here’s my monster truck ?
Looking out toward Mam Tor - the ride that killed my rear wheel.
CCADA770-CC1E-4369-A84B-57E052B7BC21.jpeg

Halfway down Cut gate - my local and favourite trail. I’ve got the E-Kom for this trail, mostly thanks to the bike being a complete hooligan.
008E140E-94B1-4C25-853A-1A69A6952F21.jpeg

Guess the military significance??
6FF49DA9-3993-436A-9D1B-0817691B14D9.jpeg

Mmmmm colour coordinated rimmage ?
DECA3F9B-5941-4704-9FB4-53B27BC5A2C9.jpeg

Muddy pines mess about
CCEF74C1-415F-40F6-9312-99174D7348DC.jpeg

A few subtle changes to standard.
Hope carbon bars - I find these really take the sting out of Peak District rocks.

600lb spring - sag now at 20% and I appear to have cured pedal strikes ?

Hope fortus 30 wheels after killing original set in said Peak District loony descents. Also fitted procore to each end - I may now have the heaviest wheel/tyre combo known to man but it takes the abuse I give it at 90kg and 25psi. No point having a motor and saving weight on wheels on a bike like this ?

I ran a DD minion SS on the back for the beginning of lockdown “no gnar”, the assegai is back on now and looking like it needs replacing pretty soon.

No idea what I’ll replace this with. Maybe the new 160rs with a coil rear.

The bike is a beast, it can happily pootle around an 80km XC ride then the following day flat out down natural madness. It’s happiest encouraging me to go as fast as humanly possible down steep off piste stuff.

I’ve had the software update, first impressions are really good. Will be back out on it again tomorrow!

Still hoping to join in some rides with local folk ??? open offer to show anyone round some Peak routes if they need pointing in right direction.

Last edited:

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Come on guys and gals, there must be more of us out there with Whyte bikes, post a pic of your Whyte here. (y)

Okesy2001uk

Sep 28, 2020
Sandbach, cheshire
Pic from 3 shires head on my first e-160 ride last weekend. Love the thing!
I’ve now put some mavic E-deemax wheels on, procore and michellin e-wild tyres after exploding the stock rear tyre at the end of the ride - much better!

Planning to install my magura MT7’s, put a charger 2.1 in the Zeb and up to 170mm. Also have a super deluxe ultimate booked in a J-tech for custom tuning - hope a water bottle still fits when it’s in.

B9B6A0D8-B3EC-49EF-B8C7-C240D393E739.jpeg

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Planning to install my magura MT7’s, put a charger 2.1 in the Zeb and up to 170mm. Also have a super deluxe ultimate booked in a J-tech for custom tuning - hope a water bottle still fits when it’s in.
Be interested in what you do to your Zeb. Mine seems to hold itself up in its travel a bit too much at the moment, seems reluctant to get moving on the smaller, repeated hits like small ruts. I'll play with pressure and service the lowers before I start upgrading I think.

Oh, and the TransX dropper lever has got to go IMO! Stiff and can't get it positioned quite right. I have a Loam I'll stick on.

Last edited:

Okesy2001uk

Sep 28, 2020
Sandbach, cheshire
Be interested in what you do to your Zeb. Mine seems to hold itself up in its travel a bit too much at the moment, seems reluctant to get moving on the smaller, repeated hits like small ruts. I'll play with pressure and service the lowers before I start upgrading I think.

Oh, and the dropper lever has got to go IMO! Stiff and can't get it positioned quite right. I have a Loam I'll stick on.
Don’t mind them as they are to be fair, better than the lyrik is stock. I also have a vorsprund secus I can fit when the footstuds are in stock from my old fox - that will be a gamechanger for the small bump, it was on my 36.

Okesy2001uk

Sep 28, 2020
Sandbach, cheshire
Does anyone bother with a spare battery? Its a big cost for occasional use.
I often go away for a night in my van and ride on consecutive days. Would be nice to be able to charge when off-grid but I think it would completely drain my leisure battery! Does anyone do similar? I could stay at camp sites with hookup instead but that takes away loads of flexibility.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Does anyone bother with a spare battery? Its a big cost for occasional use.
I often go away for a night in my van and ride on consecutive days. Would be nice to be able to charge when off-grid but I think it would completely drain my leisure battery! Does anyone do similar? I could stay at camp sites with hookup instead but that takes away loads of flexibility.

I've a 180ah battery in my van and this allows me to charge my bike once off grid and still power lights, laptops etc. This is with a shimano 504wh system which uses 180w at peak

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles