Show us your Vitus!

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Out on my E-Escarpe yesterday. First ride with a 29 on the back. Plenty of clearance. BB height manageable, geometry still feels good. i’m sure it doesn’t make a massive difference from the 27+ but in these dry conditions it’s nice to have a slightly more predictable rear tyre that I’m familiar with.

9439EB98-6D8D-483F-B5A2-BDCAABFFEC05.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
that top tube Garmin mount position didn't work for for me with the larger Edge (530) as my knee could twist the Garmin unit in the quarter turn mount when track standing or tabling the bike

I used one of these when I had a garmin.
Mounted at 90deg to the stem so it sat slightly behind the bar (similar position to where hte STEPs display would have been.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Out on my E-Escarpe yesterday. First ride with a 29 on the back. Plenty of clearance. BB height manageable, geometry still feels good. i’m sure it doesn’t make a massive difference from the 27+ but in these dry conditions it’s nice to have a slightly more predictable rear tyre that I’m familiar with.

View attachment 32319
Is that chopwell?

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Went for a quick Hamsterly blast Monday night. Full battery done in 2 hours and 16 miles. Never used boost so much but was practically sprinting up the forest road climbs and straight back down the trails. I was knackered!
30FC70A9-9790-40F4-8B06-DF32D9892D3B.jpeg

Last edited:

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Went for a quick Hamsterly blast Monday night. Full battery done in 2 hours and 16 miles. Never used boost so much but was practically sprinting up the forest road climbs and straight back down the trails. I was knackered! View attachment 37954
Are you sticking to the trails or going off piste?
I got sick of doing the same shit over and over.
Guisboro woods is a canny change, was there Monday.

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Are you sticking to the trails or going off piste?
I got sick of doing the same shit over and over.
Guisboro woods is a canny change, was there Monday.

I never really ventured too far off the red/black under leg power, as always there with other people. Part of buying the ebike this year was due to riding more on my own and so had planned to start looking for more trails, but never really got the chance. I checked out a few off-piste sections on this ride but not that many, I was feeling a bit rusty and tweaking bike set-up so didnt want to hit anything too risky. A lockdown of just riding tame trails and ive almost forgotten how to ride!

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I never really ventured too far off the red/black under leg power, as always there with other people. Part of buying the ebike this year was due to riding more on my own and so had planned to start looking for more trails, but never really got the chance. I checked out a few off-piste sections on this ride but not that many, I was feeling a bit rusty and tweaking bike set-up so didnt want to hit anything too risky. A lockdown of just riding tame trails and ive almost forgotten how to ride!
Are you local like, I know a canny few off piste and still discovering more

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Are you local like, I know a canny few off piste and still discovering more

Not really, come down from Newcastle so 1hr drive each way. Mainly ride hamsterly as its a 'guaranteed' few hours ride on reasonable trails with some decent decents, it could get repetitive i guess if you ride it a lot but im not at that stage yet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles