Show us your Vitus!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
for anyone interested in mounting a water bottle on the E-Sommett, if you have a size L or XL frame then a fidlock uni base with 450 bottle will fit - I have used heavy duty zipties rather than the rubber straps in comes with to secure it.

Been running one on my hardtail for a few months and its never come loose.

Fidlock

IMG_8848.jpeg

IMG_8849.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yes they are mate, tough as old boots, 100's of miles on them now absolutely puncture free! (touch wood)
Thanks.
For commuting I have a spare wheelset and used to just run 2x 2.0 Big Bens (pretty much a baby MotoX) but after glass tearing a hole in one too large for sealant to seal at 55psi I bought the huge 2.8 MotoX and stuck it up front. gotta admit I bought it more through novelty value than anything else. (should probably have just gone for the 2.4 TBH). Rolling speed seems about the same between the 2.0 and 2.8 but they do handle slightly differently and the larger size affords more comfort. I probably will eventually replace the rear Big Ben with a 2.4 MotoX but it may be a while off yet as its nowhere near worn out at somewhere close to 2000 road commuting miles.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Rolling speed seems about the same between the 2.0 and 2.8 but they do handle slightly differently and the larger size affords more comfort.

Gary has a 2.8 ... Gary BOUGHT a 2.8 ? And finds it more comfortable ..! :) Welcome to the sad old world of e-bikers .. I'm sure someone can recommend a nice wide saddle next ..

a 2.8 ...
Really .. a 2.8 !!!

I'm just ..... I need to go for a ride and get some air ..

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Gary has a 2.8 ... Gary BOUGHT a 2.8 ? And finds it more comfortable ..! :) Welcome to the sad old world of e-bikers .. I'm sure someone can recommend a nice wide saddle next ..

a 2.8 ...
Really .. a 2.8 !!!

I'm just ..... I need to go for a ride and get some air ..

2.8 Current Eddy's are not that big, more like a chunky 2.5 or 2.6

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. I know... I know... pretty shocking isn't it?
I actually bought and rode a (true) 2.7 back in 1999/2000 and even raced a few DH events on it.
This was back when Intense made good DH tyres and I wasn't in Scotland at the time. Would still have used a 2.2 Michie comp 16 there. ;)

for Ref:
images

and silly cheap to me

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Yeah. I know... I know... pretty shocking isn't it?
I actually bought and rode a (true) 2.7 back in 1999/2000 and even raced a few DH events on it.
This was back when Intense made good DH tyres and I wasn't in Scotland at the time. Would still have used a 2.2 Michie comp 16 there. ;)

No not at all, I like the fact they are smaller as I don't like running huge tyres but on the ebike I need that support. They hit the mark spot on.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Looking good, what colour is that?
Just took assagai off the rear of mine and put semi slick on, amazing difference in battery life

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just took assagai off the rear of mine and put semi slick on, amazing difference in battery life
Minion SS?
Did you also go dual compound EXO instead of the supertacky/MAXXgrip DH/DD casing ones? If so you'll also benefit from so much better acceleration out of corners and make the bike way more playful. You gotta run decent pressures tho and learn to trust the drift zone and rail the edge tread and not just smash into pointy shit but it's so worth it.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Minion SS?
Did you also go dual compound EXO instead of the supertacky/MAXXgrip DH/DD casing ones? If so you'll also benefit from so much better acceleration out of corners and make the bike way more playful. You gotta run decent pressures tho and learn to trust the drift zone and rail the edge tread and not just smash into pointy shit but it's so worth it.
Nah, I had a spesh slaughter 2.6 I tried last year. Took it off for winter and forgot about it .
I really like assagai on the front but bought an E wild cheep so that's up front atm.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hahah
I'm actually still running slicks from commuting 4 weeks ago as I'm still laid up with the Rona V.
she's an evil bitch and refuses to fuck off.

I have 2 wheelsets though.

My off road wheelset is usually set-up with a 2.5 DHF upfront and 2.3 SS rear (both Exo/Dual compound) tubeless, no inserts, 28-32psi front, 36-40 rear. Generally at the top end of those pressures tho as I like fast rolling and tons of sidewall support and pop

Occasionally when riding DH/Enduro in soft/slick conditions with actual fast mates I might switch to a magic mary 2.35 soft up front (second softest compound) and an EXO DHRII 2.4 rear. still in dual compound. and run lower pressures for a little more grip. But not all that often because those guys don't ride Ebikes so I'll often just ride my Capra.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Hahah
I'm actually still running slicks from commuting 4 weeks ago as I'm still laid up with the Rona V.
she's an evil bitch and refuses to fuck off.

I have 2 wheelsets though.

My off road wheelset is usually set-up with a 2.5 DHF upfront and 2.3 SS rear (both Exo/Dual compound) tubeless, no inserts, 28-32psi front, 36-40 rear. Generally at the top end of those pressures tho as I like fast rolling and tons of sidewall support and pop

Occasionally when riding DH/Enduro in soft/slick conditions with actual fast mates I might switch to a magic mary 2.35 soft up front (second softest compound) and an EXO DHRII 2.4 rear. still in dual compound. and run lower pressures for a little more grip. But not all that often because those guys don't ride Ebikes so I'll often just ride my Capra.
Yo got corona ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles