Show us your Vitus!

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Upper
Lower
They do one without the block lock apparently.
Try crc for warranty, they'll ask you to send a vid in.
I dropped the forks and videoed me working the bearings

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Upper
Lower
They do one without the block lock apparently.
Try crc for warranty, they'll ask you to send a vid in.
I dropped the forks and videoed me working the bearings
They just asked me to provide a receipt, but then they do have the photo of the plastic cable guide piece of crap in two pieces!

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Belter of a ride yesterday! Having to take it steady, as I've only just tested negative (last Friday), but this is literally a couple of miles from home. Loving the E-Sommet 297, it's proving to be a great bike that's right up there with my old Kenevo. I'll do a range test later in the year, when my lungs feel up to it, just to compare the 625wh battery with bikes past.

20220403_091012.jpg

20220403_090232.jpg

20220403_085127.jpg

I've moved the bottle cage because , although not shown here, it allows me to fit a larger bottle that the stock cage position. The downside of riding small frames, unfortunately.

Loppy Lou

Mar 22, 2022
Bristol
Here is my VITUS eSommet the basic model which was an online purchase from Chain Reaction Cycles £3500 Before and After:
Obviously you can see the main upgrade on the front end, which gave me some extra ground clearance and an even more planted front end for those rough rocky decents.

Before-VITUS.jpg

After-VITUS.JPEG

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
A few changes since the last post, most noticeably the Bomber CR shock, which runs a 450lb spring. Also, machined down a Lezyne cage mount, which allows me to run a 720ml bottle and have a much tidier tube and tools, under the top tube. This bike is approaching 5,000kms (over 3,000 miles) now, without skipping a beat. The E7000 motor is getting a touch noisier on tough climbs, yet still rotates smooth as you like. The 625wh battery just keeps going and friends are genuinely stunned at the distances I cover! It also performs everywhere, from commuting to open moors to bike parks. Even with all the changes and upgrades, I've spent less than £3,600 on this bike (granted, I got some parts at industry prices, rather than rrp), which is half of what my old Kenevo cost. Best smile-per-pound bike I've ever owned!!!

20220904_123858.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-174212_Gallery.jpg

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
It's a rapid race products large front mudguard. I had to trim the bottom sides down to fit between the chain stays but it works a treat.

Cheers, i'm running the bolt on mudhugger shorty at the front on the Zeb so was hoping you would say mudhugger as i'm a bit OCD would prefer the same brand on the back but don't know how it will fit.

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx
Cheers, i'm running the bolt on mudhugger shorty at the front on the Zeb so was hoping you would say mudhugger as i'm a bit OCD would prefer the same brand on the back but don't know how it will fit.
I had the same issues but had to go with it. The branding on the mudhugger is minimal so shouldn't be. A huge OCD issue.
It's better than having that huge rear mudhugger guard 😂🤣😂

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
I had the same issues but had to go with it. The branding on the mudhugger is minimal so shouldn't be. A huge OCD issue.
It's better than having that huge rear mudhugger guard 😂🤣😂
Oh im not that uncool, it wouldn't be the massive long thing id go for, it would be this

Attachments

• FRX.gif
    FRX.gif
    936 KB · Views: 117

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx
That one would fit. May need a little trimming down but same idea as my RRP one.

trialsta

Feb 14, 2023
Birmingham
PXL_20230216_202503254.jpg

2022 VRS, just arrived so not done anything to it yet other than fitting a YT Jeffsy bottle cage. Now itching to get out and try it this weekend!
Only thing that immediately jumps out as needing changing is the stupid headset which stops the bars turning enough to properly trackstand.

Loppy Lou

Mar 22, 2022
Bristol
Going back to VITUS value for money you really can't beat these bike, I got a VITUS full sus for £3,600 from chain reactions and yeah its only got Shimano Deore groupset but its absolutely bullet proof, I started throwing it down some serious hills so needed a couple of upgrades for self preservation and ease of getting back up... Upgrades
Rock Shox Boxxer forks
20mm axle front wheel 29" Nukeproof replaced WTB
Nukeproof seat
Nukeproof carbon handlebars
Nukeproof grips
SRAM 12 speed cassettee from a Shimano 11 speed
Cheeky little ebay mudgards
A bunch of Fox stickers (to make it go faster)

IMG_0502.JPEG IMG_0503.JPEG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles